New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is there demand for a viewing area?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
Simi_av8r

Spotter Watch Member : no

Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 3 Empty2009-09-09, 07:13

A resounding yes from me too...as a matter of interest, i was down the '26 end on Saturday and was muttering with a few others there about how bad the parking situation is, especially with the dangerous drivers shooting along there at breakneck speed.

Have you considered attaching a notice to the fencing with your contact details or posting a petition online for like minded souls to scribe and show their support?? I'm a member over at Scramble.nl and could spread the world there if you wish.
Back to top Go down
pikey01
pikey01

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 3 Empty2009-09-09, 08:49

Simi_av8r wrote:
A resounding yes from me too...as a matter of interest, i was down the '26 end on Saturday and was muttering with a few others there about how bad the parking situation is, especially with the dangerous drivers shooting along there at breakneck speed.

Have you considered attaching a notice to the fencing with your contact details or posting a petition online for like minded souls to scribe and show their support?? I'm a member over at Scramble.nl and could spread the world there if you wish.

Hi Simi_av8r, Im not sure the RAF would appreciate me sticking a notice on their fence Laughing Perhaps, when then have been officially approached by the local council something can be arranged. Ive been trying to get to 26 myself to spread the word, but having been to several shows lately just havent had the time.

BrianM kindly handed out some leaflets at the Fairford Aviation Society meeting last week and as a result Ive had several emails of support. Im not a member on Scramble, so by all means feel free to direct people to this thread or they can contact me on portugeeza77@hotmail.co.uk. I will be taking a print out of all the emails I've recieved to the next meeting on october the 1st.

Regards,

Graham
Back to top Go down
Simi_av8r

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 3 Empty2009-09-09, 11:41

pikey01 wrote:

Hi Simi_av8r, Im not sure the RAF would appreciate me sticking a notice on their fence Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 3 333264 Perhaps, when then have been officially approached by the local council something can be arranged. Ive been trying to get to 26 myself to spread the word, but having been to several shows lately just havent had the time.

I'd be happy to get a few flyers printed out giving contact details for yourself and get them handed about and have a link to this thread, and i'll get over to Scramble and spread the world elsewhere online. The more people who know about it and get on board, the more weight the case will carry when it goes to the 'Heads Of Sheds' at Brize.
Back to top Go down
Ferrari

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 3 Empty2009-09-11, 13:33

Yes definitely. Keep the road safe and the enthusiasts in one place which makes an easier job for the authorities.

The current area where cars are parked is a little bit dangerous given that it is approached over the old railway bridge. In my view any alternative parking area would be better.

Dave Ferrari
Back to top Go down
Aquila

Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 3 Empty2009-09-17, 09:39

Definately a good idea, and one that more (all?) bases should adopt. As ferrari says, it'll keep roads safe and spotters in one place. An easier job for the authorities, and less liklihood of scares simliar to Lyneham last week-now that's what we don't want!
Back to top Go down
PX367

Spotter Watch Member : nope

PostSubject: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 3 Empty2009-09-17, 14:06

ITS A BIG YES FROM ME, AS LONG AS THE LOO'S HAVE A POWERFUL FLUSH AND NEVER RUN OUT OF LOO ROLL. Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 3 135320
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 3 Empty2009-09-17, 14:09

PX367 wrote:
ITS A BIG YES FROM ME, AS LONG AS THE LOO'S HAVE A POWERFUL FLUSH AND NEVER RUN OUT OF LOO ROLL. Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 3 135320

Can you turn your Caps Lock off and stop SHOUTING !
Back to top Go down
ukaviation

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 3 Empty2009-09-17, 14:51

Definatly. Every good base should have one..two even. No seriously excellent idea keeps everybody in one place and prevents us all agrivating the police on both sides of the fence.
Back to top Go down
Flying figgis

Flying figgis

Spotter Watch Member : Yes I am!

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 3 Empty2009-09-18, 01:31

Yes indeed! When we were last there, awaiting the Vulcan, the parking got out of hand and we were forced to move our cars with very little time before she arrived! It was chaotic, particularly just over the old railway bridge! We heard from someone who works on 101sq, that they were waiting till all the building work was complete before proceeding with any plans. When Lyneham has closed, Brize is going to be so busy and it is clearly crying out for such a facility. Maybe they could get Airbus to stump up the cash in the same way that Boeing et al did for Waddington!
Back to top Go down
http://www.yourstressmanager.co.uk
Manonthefence

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 3 Empty2009-09-18, 02:14

I'm all for having somewhere legal to park our cars, however its no use to me if you then have to stay with your car. I like to walk around and get different angles so if, once parked, you have to stay in the pen then I wont be using it much. I shall park legally in the village and walk up.
Back to top Go down
pikey01
pikey01

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 3 Empty2009-09-18, 02:42

Manonthefence wrote:
I'm all for having somewhere legal to park our cars, however its no use to me if you then have to stay with your car. I like to walk around and get different angles so if, once parked, you have to stay in the pen then I wont be using it much. I shall park legally in the village and walk up.

Nick, no one is suggesting you have to stay in a pen, its purely so all the cars are in a safe place together and out the way. To my knowledge the police have never moved anyone for being stood there, only the cars that are blocking the gate.
Back to top Go down
Goldstar31

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 3 Empty2009-09-25, 16:34

Although i am able to photograph most things that land at Brize as i work on the base, i'm in full support of a viewing area at the 26 end on which ever side (north or south). I too have seen the chaos of cars being 'abandoned' half in the road as the occupants watch an aircraft on finals.

The sooner the better, and totally agree that Airbus and possibly Northrop Grumman and Boeing aswell should put some cash into the project.

Oh yeah, a yes from me

Eccie
216 Sqn
Back to top Go down
sjnovis

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 3 Empty2009-09-28, 04:49

A veiwing area at Brize would be great, I am reasonably local, but like many do not go very often as the parking is not so easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there demand for a viewing area?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 3 of 3 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Wales & South West & Home Counties :: RAF Brize Norton -