New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is there demand for a viewing area?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Dazza

Dazza

Spotter Watch Member : no

Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-08-27, 23:43

I think that this is a fantastic idea and gets a yes from me. Nice one Graham
Back to top Go down
The Phantom

The Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-08-28, 00:33

I spent a great afternoon there Thursday, and think it would be good if this could be done - as on busy days it is very awkward to park safely.

Big thumbs up for what will soon be my local Thumbs Up

Mark.
Back to top Go down
debar88

debar88

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-08-28, 01:56

It is a big yes from me. Good to see your involvment in this Graham and also the councils for seeing this as viable. The proposed location would I think be ideal for all concerned. After all it's a safe and secure parking area Brize needs and as many have said previously it's only a short walk to the approach. The possibility of toilets and a butty wagon are an added bonus..

Craig..
Back to top Go down
Bucky P

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-08-28, 03:09

A big yes from me too, it's looooooooong over due!
Back to top Go down
Mattyjc

Mattyjc

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-08-28, 03:13

Sounds a briliant idea. Toilets and catering van good idea too. I don't go over to Brize very much, (and I'm only 10 miles away) because of the parking hassle so anything to improve that has got to be good.

Sadly working with councils / local authority always seems to take an awful lot longer than it should, thanks to their invented red tape etc, so good luck and percivere!!

If you were requiring any help, please feel free to PM, after all I'm only a few miles away and willing to help!
Back to top Go down
jingernut
Admin
Admin
jingernut

Spotter Watch Member : NO

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-08-28, 03:42

A sound yes from me as well. Would spend more time there if I knew there was definitely going to be somewhere to park. It's only going to get busier there when Lynehams finest move in eventually.
Back to top Go down
http://www.airband.info
BOLAR 01

BOLAR 01

Spotter Watch Member : NO

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-08-28, 14:29

Yes Yes Yes Yes. I often feel a nuisance parking on the verge, not to mention unsafe. I have even driven over there once or twice and driven away if there are too many cars already there.

So a resounding YES from me (mmm bacon rolls) Cheers
Back to top Go down
MikeB
Admin
Admin
MikeB

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-08-28, 14:51

Certainly a yes from me! Spend quite a bit of time there, it would be handy to have a safe place to park.
Back to top Go down
http://www.UnbrokenPhotography.co.uk
jonesy

jonesy

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-08-29, 00:58

Don't care about a cafe or a shop. All I want is a safe and legal place to park with a path leading to the upper crash gate.

So the Jonesy household votes Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
http://www.angels-20.co.uk
Lincoln

Lincoln

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-08-29, 03:31

I'm not a local in any sense of the word Laughing.
However it's a firm yes from me Cheers Thumbs Up

I've only been once, and a viewing area would be a great addition, toilets even better, especially after a 3 and a half hour drive Laugh I'd probably be tempted to make the trip again if I knew there was somewhere I could park safely.
Cafe would be a bonus if it could be arranged.
Back to top Go down
Reaper2595

Spotter Watch Member : yes

PostSubject: brize norton veiwing area Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-08-29, 04:11

it deffo gets my vote mate Clap Clap Clap Clap
Back to top Go down
Chris IL-76

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-08-29, 04:12

Yes definately a great idea. Preferably southside for the sun behind. Something like the Waddington set up.

Thumbs up!! and good luck....
Back to top Go down
IDIC

PostSubject: Brize Viewing Area Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-08-29, 09:42

Yes please!

It gets my vote and my Dad's!

Kind Regards

IDIC
Back to top Go down
GOOSE
GOOSE

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-08-29, 09:55

Count this as my vote too.

Maybe worth proving to the council how popular the place is by arranging for a petition to be signed by visitors to the current pull in.

Maybe you could get people to sign it each time you drive past Pikey?

Also worth stressing to the council how busy the place gets when Fairford is on!!!!

Don't go too mad though or the ******* will double yellow line the current roadway.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion
batman3
Photo of the Month Winner
Photo of the Month Winner
batman3

Spotter Watch Member : No?

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-08-29, 10:15

Can only be a good thing, a yes from me too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photographer.php?p=1591
daveb2

PostSubject: viewing area Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-08-29, 11:06

Cheers Clap Clap YES PLEASE !

There used to be one at Northolt long lost.....

Dave
Back to top Go down
leader12uk

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-08-30, 09:25

Quote :
There used to be one at Northolt long lost.....

Dont get me started......... Mad

I used be down there every evening after school (1971 onwards god im getting old)

They should put a new one in, the best place now would probably be at the 07end in the LBH nature trail by the fence.

I'm all for one at brize though, save risking my life everytime I try take photographs
Back to top Go down
http://pics-by-simon.fotoblog.co.uk/
pikey01
pikey01

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-08-30, 12:05

Just like to say a big thanks to everyone for your support on (and off) the forum. Feel I need to make clear 2 things though. First, I didnt approach the council about this. A friend asked if I would be interested in helping out, as the local council already had basic plans in place they just were unsure how to proceed. Obvoiusly I agreed Wink

Secondly, and more importantly this will not happen overnight. As some have said on here, the legal side of things can take a long time, and also bare in mind if the construction entrance is used, it wont be available till the current building work on base has finished. Which realistically is at least a year away!

Anyway, please feel free to add any ideas/suggestions to this thread as I will be sending the thread link to the council. Alternativly you can pm me.

thanks again Cheers

Graham
Back to top Go down
clawmarks

clawmarks

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-08-31, 13:59

What a great idea, I only get there once a year and don't know the area very well so a place to park would be great. Clap
Back to top Go down
PAWLEE

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-08-31, 15:57

Yes please.
Excellent idea, got to be a winner for all concerned.
PAWLEE
Back to top Go down
Gulfsierra 51

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-01, 05:33

I should say so!
Only been there a couple of times over the past couple of weeks at the Station rd end of the runway.
A bit dodgy to say the least.amazes me how many ignore the 'stop' signals and the speed they drive along there! Shock
Back to top Go down
Sean Mac

Sean Mac

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-01, 05:59

Only been there once but yes please would be rather nice.
Back to top Go down
mhm

mhm

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-01, 08:49

All major airports, should have viewing facilities. Although not a military airport, the Manchester AVP now has cracking facilities that could be matched at any Major military instalation.

You have my vote .

Regards

Mike
Back to top Go down
miket1968

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-01, 10:24

If this does get the go ahead, then there needs to be unrestricted opening hours for parking, not just 9am to 5pm for example.
Back to top Go down
Fighterfoto

Fighterfoto

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-01, 14:54

With Brize only going to get busier the interest from enthusiasts will grow which in turn will create a safety issue as cars do travel at some speed on that stretch of road. A p&v would also I am sure be welcomed by the families of those departing and arriving from theatre as you can't see the airfield from the terminal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.militaryimagelibrary@yahoo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there demand for a viewing area? Is there demand for a viewing area? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there demand for a viewing area?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 3 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Wales & South West & Home Counties :: RAF Brize Norton -