New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What would you like to see?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Aileron

Aileron

Spotter Watch Member : no

What would you like to see? - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-03-25, 05:02

vulcan558 wrote:
Aileron wrote:
just was thinknig what about a complete off topic area

That is being looked into,
the problem with this will be thats its a open topic and can be abused .

yes can be but should'nt be. can i suggest then say a trial period for a month. and tell people that
Back to top Go down
pikey01
pikey01

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-03-25, 05:04

Aileron wrote:
vulcan558 wrote:
Aileron wrote:
just was thinknig what about a complete off topic area

That is being looked into,
the problem with this will be thats its a open topic and can be abused .

yes can be but should'nt be. can i suggest then say a trial period for a month. and tell people that

A months trial is what we have discussed....so watch this space ;)
Back to top Go down
Aileron

Aileron

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-03-25, 05:23

im watching but nothings happening lol joke. ok kool
Back to top Go down
Aileron

Aileron

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-04-01, 02:39

i have a new request the avaition maps can you not up load those as documents?

I'm not sure if anyone else wants to, but me personally would like to be able to print them off and stick them on my wall.
Back to top Go down
f-4

f-4

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-05, 10:33

Disappointed to see a 'non-aviation' forum appear. Mindless drivel to wade through now, just as in UKAR. Definitely a retrograde step, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-05, 10:44

f-4 wrote:
Disappointed to see a 'non-aviation' forum appear. Mindless drivel to wade through now, just as in UKAR. Definitely a retrograde step, IMHO.

Its on trial for 1 month, and will be reviewed at that point.

Dunk
Back to top Go down
http://www.vividmule.com
ElliotDC

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-05, 11:45

Quote :
Mindless drivel to wade through now

No one is forced to read it... trust me, anything with "Big Brother" in the title will not be read by me!!!!

EDC
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-05, 16:21

As above - I rather thought that was what the purpose of subject headings was... if the topic doesn't interest you then you don't bother reading it. This is far preferable to the concept of shoving everything into a small number of categories so that you're obliged to wade through everything to find something you're interested in.

The other thing which would be very useful - or at least interesting, would be if everyone could take the time to add a note to their photographs stating the camera and lens used, and any additional technical info if they have it. That would be a big help for many people and save them the trouble of constantly having to ask people!

As for mugshots, I think they're a good idea, especially when we inevitably end-up at the same locations and often have no idea that we're standing next to someone we've just been talking to on here! Surely, the simple solution is to ask everyone to dispose of the avatar "fashion statements" and replace their avatar with a simple mugshot?
Back to top Go down
Box Brownie

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-05, 17:02

Sheff wrote:
As above - I rather thought that was what the purpose of subject headings was... if the topic doesn't interest you then you don't bother reading it. This is far preferable to the concept of shoving everything into a small number of categories so that you're obliged to wade through everything to find something you're interested in.

The other thing which would be very useful - or at least interesting, would be if everyone could take the time to add a note to their photographs stating the camera and lens used, and any additional technical info if they have it. That would be a big help for many people and save them the trouble of constantly having to ask people!

As for mugshots, I think they're a good idea, especially when we inevitably end-up at the same locations and often have no idea that we're standing next to someone we've just been talking to on here! Surely, the simple solution is to ask everyone to dispose of the avatar "fashion statements" and replace their avatar with a simple mugshot?

Its a pity that forum scripts do not yet have an EXIF reader plugin that would/should solve this question.
Back to top Go down
MikeB
Admin
Admin
MikeB

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-05, 17:09

Box Brownie wrote:

Its a pity that forum scripts do not yet have an EXIF reader plugin that would/should solve this question.

True, however there are plenty of freeware Plug-Ins for Firefox and Internet Explorer to read EXIF data in browser. Failing that, just save the file and read it, most people leave theres intact.

Mike
Back to top Go down
http://www.UnbrokenPhotography.co.uk
Box Brownie

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-05, 17:13

MikeB wrote:
Box Brownie wrote:

True, however there are plenty of freeware Plug-Ins for Firefox and Internet Explorer to read EXIF data in browser. Failing that, just save the file and read it, most people leave theres intact.

Mike

Yes fair comment though based on my experience of more tog baised fora all to many folk use "save for web" as opposed to "save as" and the former strips the EXIF.

On that note I must go look for an IE6 EXIF plugin???
Back to top Go down
Grahame W

Grahame W

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-06, 03:16

I agree that the non-aviation sections seem a retrograde step in some ways but at least it stops the "real" sections being cluttered up with the semi-political, semi-racist garbage that used to disfigure the old FC. As someone said, once you've read the useful stuff, you just have to click on the "Mark All Forums Read" link. While I'm on the subject, is it possible to move this link from the bottom of the page to the top? There are some sections which, while no doubt very useful to many people, are of no particular interest to me, and it is a bit of a pain to scroll down to the bottom to find the "Mark as Read" link. It is a very minor point, I know - maybe I'm just getting lazy in my old age!

I think it is less easy to defend the non-aviation photography section. IMHO the new FC has become too "photography heavy" - and I speak as a keen aviation photographer of some 30 years standing. Perhaps we should remind ourselves that FC is (or should be) a military aviation enthusiasts' site, not a photography site. There are other forums (UKAR being the obvious example) which perform this function. I accept that the aviation photography sections are relevant to our hobby, but the non-aviation one? .... no, sorry, this should be binned.
Back to top Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-06, 04:46

Thanks for your input, all valid points. The 'mark all as read' request will be passed on to the webteam.

Would you prefer to see the Airband section further up the pecking order?

Regards

Dunk
Back to top Go down
http://www.vividmule.com
f-4

f-4

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-06, 14:20

My usual approach is to click on the 'View posts since last visit' link - is there a way of adding forums to an 'ignore' list so those new posts (i.e. all non-aviation ones) don't show?
Back to top Go down
b0nd08

b0nd08

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-23, 08:47

how about a sticky feedback thread in the buy/sell section so you can leave comments on what you bought from a member here and how the process went.
Back to top Go down
GOOSE
GOOSE

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-23, 09:03

b0nd08 wrote:
how about a sticky feedback thread in the buy/sell section so you can leave comments on what you bought from a member here and how the process went.

Like that bond08 - added Smile
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion
lowlevel

lowlevel

PostSubject: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-23, 13:08

How about a section on which bases are night flying,i'm sure that FC Forum,has members living near most bases,a tip off would be good for listening to the radio in the evening.
Back to top Go down
GOOSE
GOOSE

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-23, 13:21

lowlevel wrote:
How about a section on which bases are night flying,i'm sure that FC Forum,has members living near most bases,a tip off would be good for listening to the radio in the evening.

A request for info in the relevant base section would reap better rewards.

People will forget to update a separate thread area.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion
MikeB
Admin
Admin
MikeB

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-23, 13:24

GOOSE wrote:
lowlevel wrote:

A request for info in the relevant base section would reap better rewards.

People will forget to update a separate thread area.

I agree with that.

It's good to see this thread back on it's feet again. Any suggestions are welcomed and I can assure any serious suggestions will be discussed by the team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.UnbrokenPhotography.co.uk
b0nd08

b0nd08

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-23, 23:11

how about a aviation video section? or maybe even 2, could have one for videos taken by members and another one of clips from youtube. although i think ive seen every low fast flypast clip on youtube Laughing
Back to top Go down
pikey01
pikey01

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-23, 23:16

b0nd08 wrote:
how about a aviation video section? or maybe even 2, could have one for videos taken by members and another one of clips from youtube. although i think ive seen every low fast flypast clip on youtube Laughing

This has been raised before, and the decision at the time was no. However there is no problem if members wanted to include thier own video's in the photo sections. If there was enough demand from members its something we would look at again though. Smile
Back to top Go down
b0nd08

b0nd08

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-24, 12:19

pikey01 wrote:
b0nd08 wrote:

This has been raised before, and the decision at the time was no. However there is no problem if members wanted to include thier own video's in the photo sections. If there was enough demand from members its something we would look at again though. Smile

ahhh okey doke! Cheers
Back to top Go down
hawks922

hawks922

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-25, 06:26

Can we have a 'Beauty Babes at Airshows' Forum where posters can take pics of lovely ladies who have turned up at an airshow, I suggest the married ones post their wives lol.

Delete this if needs be it is meant as a super silly suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-25, 06:49

Like this ? :-

http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/non-aviation-photography-f88/btcc-oulten-park-2009-who-needs-cars-t10867.htm
Back to top Go down
hawks922

hawks922

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty2009-06-25, 07:57

Mike nice to see the surgery worked out for you, but it must have cost you a small fortune to change wardrobe Laughing

Yeah we need that type of section, and make it a "No Mili Minger constraint" Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What would you like to see?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 3 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Fighter Control Information :: FC Information -