New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What would you like to see?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
pikey01
pikey01

What would you like to see? Vide
PostSubject: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-23, 14:57

As you may be aware FC now has a website up and running as well as the forum Cheers We have several reports due to be posted up in the next few months and there are other things being worked on which will be added to the website as time goes on.

But this is where FC members come in. We run FC to try and cater for all of you so with that in mind, what would you like to see added to either the website or the forum?

The FC team cant promise every suggestion will be used, but if its sensible and practical it will certainly be looked in to.

So over to you....
Back to top Go down
Aileron

Aileron

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-23, 16:02

how about a bit where we can share our bctool files???
Back to top Go down
hawks922

hawks922

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-24, 02:06

I would like to see people take pics of themselves meeting other FC members when they meet Cheers

And a review section where people can put their reviews of Hardware, software they have used and recommend with a few tips and hints.
Back to top Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-24, 04:31

Good start, thanks guys.

Please keep them coming.

Dunk
Back to top Go down
http://www.vividmule.com
KatieW

KatieW

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-24, 07:54

hawks922 wrote:
I would like to see people take pics of themselves meeting other FC members when they meet Cheers

And a review section where people can put their reviews of Hardware, software they have used and recommend with a few tips and hints.

That would be good! One other forum I post on had a 'Rogue's Gallery' Everyone sent in a small thumbnail size pic (like a passport photo) which was hosted on a gallery or photo upload site.

Also (and I don't know if it's possible, or if there is one, or indeed any need for one) some form of Calendar where people can add where they're likely to be on any given date - ie Mildenhall 25/03 11am-1pm, so others can meet up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clawmarksphotography.co.uk
pikey01
pikey01

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-24, 07:58

KatieW wrote:
Also (and I don't know if it's possible, or if there is one, or indeed any need for one) some form of Calendar where people can add where they're likely to be on any given date - ie Mildenhall 25/03 11am-1pm, so others can meet up.

Katie, there is already the members social events section which can be used for this 8)
Back to top Go down
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-24, 07:58

The Calender function has been setup to work via the Members Social event topic.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
KatieW

KatieW

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-24, 08:41

graham cherry wrote:
KatieW wrote:

Katie, there is already the members social events section which can be used for this 8)

Ah thanks. Opps
Back to top Go down
http://www.clawmarksphotography.co.uk
Aileron

Aileron

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-24, 09:02

how about somthing dedicated for search and rescue OPS including our air ambulace as they also play a vital role in this field. but only todo with a/c obviously
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-24, 10:06

Aileron,
We did have several boards dedicated to SAR locations (Leconfield, Chivenor, Boulmer, Lossie, Valley, etc etc) but we were told by forum members that it was not needed because we could cover those in the UK airfield section we already have.
As for SAROP comms (monitoring them) we have an HF section already whereby 90% of the Aircraft involved in the SAROP's can be monitored and posted (Only the S-92 and AW139 do not have HF).
Plus their VHF/UHF comms can be posted in the Overhead Airband forum.

If you do need a dedicated purely SAR monitoring group then i can suggest Pat Carty's (Writer for Monitoring Monthly who we affiliate with) Sar-Rescue egroup and website.
Pat is a member of FC also.
This group/site is dedicated to all things SAR including civilian aircraft, ships, ground teams, air ambulance, police, and anything to do with search and rescue.

www.sar-rescue.com

Last edited by Razor61 on 2009-03-24, 17:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aileron

Aileron

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-24, 10:13

cheers razor for the advice just an idea
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-24, 12:13

A "Rogues Gallery" would be great,a lot of the members live a long way away from the "Airshow" belt and only do a once or twice-a-year trip.We have no idea what any other member looks like.

Let's face it 95% of all airshows are from Waddington southwards(it's not really a fair distribution,is it ?)

I live in Inverness and have noticed that quite a few of the Lossie/Kinloss/Tain contributors who were on the the old-site have disappeared,some are still on UKAR-but where have the others gone,and why ?

Just a thought ????
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-24, 12:16

Waddo,Monday 9/7/07,Indian Su-30's,etc-any of you guys here ?

What would you like to see? IMG_1643
Back to top Go down
Aileron

Aileron

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-24, 12:21

i was sat along that fence last year lol
Back to top Go down
pikey01
pikey01

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-24, 12:23

Flaps wrote:
Let's face it 95% of all airshows are from Waddington southwards(it's not really a fair distribution,is it ?)

I live in Inverness and have noticed that quite a few of the Lossie/Kinloss/Tain contributors who were on the the old-site have disappeared,some are still on UKAR-but where have the others gone,and why ?

Just a thought ????

Unfortunatly theres not much we can do about airshow locations Laughing Regarding the Lossie/Kinloss/Tain contributors again not much we can do about that. Some of the members you are referring to are still registered on this forum, but we cant force them to post.
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-24, 12:42

OK,I agree with you,so what about a "Rogue's Gallery"?
Back to top Go down
pikey01
pikey01

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-24, 13:13

Flaps wrote:
OK,I agree with you,so what about a "Rogue's Gallery"?

well there is the Gallery feature at the top of the forum, so if enough members were interested im sure something could be worked out with that?
Back to top Go down
Aileron

Aileron

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-24, 16:22

why dont we post our faces as our avatars to see how much intrest it will generate
Back to top Go down
Aileron

Aileron

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-24, 16:31

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<like so
Back to top Go down
48thEagle

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-25, 01:10

Aileron wrote:
why dont we post our faces as our avatars to see how much intrest it will generate

http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/

8)
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-25, 03:02

48thEagle wrote:
Aileron wrote:

http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/

8)

Crimestoppers !!!!

Brilliant lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Aileron

Aileron

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-25, 03:03

ah damn now they know who i am
Back to top Go down
Aileron

Aileron

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-25, 03:41

just was thinknig what about a complete off topic area
Back to top Go down
onemac

onemac

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-25, 03:50

graham cherry wrote:
Flaps wrote:

Just a thought ????

Unfortunatly theres not much we can do about airshow locations Laughing Regarding the Lossie/Kinloss/Tain contributors again not much we can do about that. Some of the members you are referring to are still registered on this forum, but we cant force them to post.
A couple have changed their usernames but I think most of us are still here :) Speaking on behalf of the Tain contributor, his life has taken a change of direction and he's a bit busier than he was Shocked

OK - here's a suggestion just begging to get knocked back... I know the hassles with a 'general chat' board but how about a 'First Post of The Day' board where members can say hello, post their thoughts and indicate whether they're heading down the local (like I am in 5 minutes). Easily pruned after however many pages and if you select 'no post count' then it keeps the fanatics in check???

Al
Back to top Go down
vulcan558
vulcan558

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty2009-03-25, 05:00

Aileron wrote:
just was thinknig what about a complete off topic area

That is being looked into,
the problem with this will be thats its a open topic and can be abused .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see? What would you like to see? Empty

Back to top Go down

What would you like to see?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 3 Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Fighter Control Information :: FC Information -