New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What builds are on your bench?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
viper3111

viper3111

Spotter Watch Member : nope

What builds are on your bench? Vide
PostSubject: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-25, 11:03

Just out of interest, and a quiet afternoon. Whos building what at the moment?
Im doing the 1/48 Dragon FW-190-TA-154 Mistel
Back to top Go down
chrissytd5

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-25, 11:24

1/32 tamiya SAS landrover. Not got very far though in the last few weeks.
Back to top Go down
SteveS
SteveS

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-25, 12:31

1/48 Italeri Typhoon, but I've bugg3red up the painting of it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.runwayphotography.co.uk
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-25, 14:12

I keep rotating them to and from the loft - Neil Robinson usually takes 'em off me when they're finished before I destroy 'em!

There's an assembled Hasegawa 32nd F-104G sat a few feet away - needs finishing. Then there's an Airfix 48th Canberra PR9 sat at the back but I haven't started that yet - haven't worked out whether to buy the Alleycat bubble canopy for it or make my own. I want to do the RAE aircraft which had PR9 wings/engines but a B2 canopy - plus all the dayglow orange and the long nose probe. I'm a masochist!
Back to top Go down
viper3111

viper3111

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-25, 14:19

The 1/32 f-104g is a nice kit, ive got that to build, im doing it as the blue and silver tiger meet one "the last starfighter" With the kendal resin parts to tart it up with. How are you doing yours?
Back to top Go down
Ben Montgomery
Ben Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-25, 14:32

On my bench back home:

1/48 AC-130U
1/72 Tu-22M
1/72 Victor
1/72 Mi-26
1/72 Hawk T.2
1/48 USAF TSR.2
1/48 Sea Hawk

Yeah I know, I need to get round to finishing some of these! They all just need that "last" bit doing to them (barring the AC-130)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ramaphotography.co.uk
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-25, 14:35

It's been in the loft for years, so I took pity on it. It's the F-104S kit which is a bit of a joke as it's just the standard G model with some new resin wheels and doors. Bit pointless as the wheels are just the same (just a bit wider, and I'm not convinced that the real S-model wheels are actually wider - they don't look it). No ventral strakes, no revised intakes and air doors, no new engine... you get the picture. So it's a G really!

I've got some old Revell tanks to hang under the wings and I've sent-off for an Aires engine exhaust. I've already put the fuselage together so I'll have to detail the cockpit myself but the kit parts are good enough to start from. Main thing I want to do is sand all the raised detail off and re-scribe it all. At least it hasn't got all those horrible rivet holes like on their 48th kit, so it's actually easier to finish even though it's thirty years older than the 48th kit! Wish somebody at Hasegawa would realise that the real aircraft hasn't got any holes punched in it!

Dunno what markings to apply. I have various Italian decal bits plus I'm getting quite good at printing my own so it'll probably be an Italian G model when it's done. It's a pretty decent kit though considering its age. Just wish Tamiya would do a new one! have you seen the test shots of their new 32nd Spitfire? OMG! I don't even care for Spitfires much but that kit... well... !
Back to top Go down
SteveS
SteveS

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-25, 14:37

I always feel guilty if I've got a model made but not painted.

I've got to sort out the Typhoon, a blow torch might get the mess of a paint job off.

Also got a 1/48 Tropical Spitfire Mk.V which I need to get some 152 Squadron decals (1942 era) for before painting really. Doing it as my girlfriend's Grandad was an electrician on 152 Squadron in Malta and Sicily.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-25, 14:39

Actually the next main task will be a couple of TSR2 kits. Now I've got my book to do I figured I could build a couple to photograph - to show the models and accessories and to do a few "what if" images courtesy of Photoshop!

I've managed to scrounge some of the accessory parts courtesy of Pavla, CMK, etc., just need to get a couple of the Airfix kits now! Then build 'em!
Think I'll build one as a really detailed model of the prototype and do the other in the proposed operational scheme and see if I can superimpose it on some shots of Coningsby - it's worth a try! I'm not going to bother with the 72nd kit as it's pretty rough and out of production so it seems a bit pointless. Happily I sold my Dynavector kit a long time ago so I won't feel obliged to build that!

Speaking of Dynavector I've still got a Wyvern kit. Seems so sad now - a great kit but it just seems pointless now that Trumpeter's kit has come along!
Back to top Go down
Phill318

Phill318

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-25, 18:50

got a 1/72 spit IX and a 1/72 Buccaneer back at home in Manchester but i've just started uni at Loughborough (hence the ridiculus time of this post!!) so everything is on hold untill I can move my model stuff here
Back to top Go down
REDS

REDS

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-26, 03:38

I have about 4 or 5 on the go as well as repairs What builds are on your bench? 53197

I think I have something like 35 odd on my ceiling, you can hardly see the ceiling for aircraft
Back to top Go down
Ben Montgomery
Ben Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-26, 03:41

REDS wrote:
you can hardly see the ceiling for aircraft

As it should be, nice one! Out of interest, what are the kits on the go?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ramaphotography.co.uk
viper3111

viper3111

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-26, 06:45

Sheff
Have you seen that Trumpeter are bringing out some F-104's in various scales? The most interesting ones to me are one in 48th and a couple I think in 32nd. The 48th should be out either next month or the end of the year. Ive seen pictures of the box art for the 48th, looks quite nice but again the price tag is a bit steep about 35-40 quid.
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-26, 07:58

Really? Nope, I hadn't heard even so much as a whisper about that. Oh dear - suddenly I'm going off the Hasegawa kit again! Mind you, I suppose I'd better wait and see what Trumpeter's is like first! Hasegawa's kit might be old but at least it does look like a Starfighter. Never any guarantees with Trumpeter!

As for a 48th kit, I suppose that's another one you'd need to see first before judging against Hasegawa's. Their kit is beautiful but the horrible rivet detail is a pain to fill and sand smooth. I would imagine that Trumpeter's would also be covered in holes (their speciality) so it might not be any better. Oh well - have to wait and see!

Last edited by Sheff on 2009-09-26, 09:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelnig)
Back to top Go down
viper3111

viper3111

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-26, 09:15

I agree, I do like the hasegawa 48th's so much so Ive got 3 more to build, the Italian cat and mouse one, the NASA one and another 2 seater. I will no doubt be getting the trumpeter efforts so when I do I will put a review on here (unless someone else fancies doing one).
Back to top Go down
beer monster

beer monster

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-26, 14:15

At the moment I'm about to start two Hawks, I really liked the display Hawks this year so I've

bought two kits from the local model shop and the decals from Hannant's...

Looking forward to these,, I'll post them on FC soon....

..now where's my knife, glue and airbrush..! What builds are on your bench? 711487

What builds are on your bench? Picture
Back to top Go down
http://markgraham1@hotmail.com
SteveS
SteveS

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-26, 14:21

I'd thought about doing this years display Hawk as well.

I've already got last years and a vintage 1990 Chivenor Hawk in 1/48, so I might have a go in that scale shortly. They've very poor to be honest. I'm not a very patient modeller, but if you don't look too hard, they're quite good. I'll upload a couple of pics in a minute

Steve
Back to top Go down
SteveS
SteveS

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-26, 15:19

As promised -

1/48 Chivenor Hawk
What builds are on your bench? ChivHawk1

1/48 2008 Display Hawk
What builds are on your bench? DispHawk

1/48 Spitfire
What builds are on your bench? Spit1

The forgotten 1/48 Typhoon, languising in model Limbo
What builds are on your bench? Tiffie
Back to top Go down
beer monster

beer monster

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-26, 15:40

I dunno mate,, you got some good models there..!

The Chivenor Hawk looks great, although shame some brush lines have shown up on the Spitfire..otherwise

looks superb...

Cheers for posting pics mate,,,I take it the Seafire from Duxford hasn't been started.?.!!!
Back to top Go down
http://markgraham1@hotmail.com
SteveS
SteveS

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-26, 15:46

The Seafire actually became that Spitfire, albeit with a decal kit from another Spitfire. I think it was Isle of Man based.
Back to top Go down
Ashley H

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-27, 03:44

At the moment i have got at different stages of completion
Airfix 1/72 Tucano awaiting decals
Airfix 1/72 harrier T10 being painted
Revell 1/72 Hunter FGA 9 needs painting
Italeri 1/72 Hawk 127 which i am now only starting and will end up being RAAF

a couple of others which have been built for a while but need painting are
1/72 Airfix Vulcan
1/48 Airfix Jaguar

plus all the unstarted kits i have got, will need more space soon. I have got the same idea as beer monster got an old 1/72 revell Hawk T.1 to turn into the fly navy 100 scheme and awaiting the local shop or hannants to get the new airfix red arrow kit. Will hopefully put some pics on as and when they get finished and some of the existing finished models.

Ashley H
Back to top Go down
viper3111

viper3111

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-27, 03:52

The 'fly navy' scheme definately seems to be a popular one, I personaly would like to see it in 1/48. Hmm now theres a thought might have to have a look at the new italeri effort.
Back to top Go down
stormshadow 71

stormshadow 71

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-27, 14:40

I am about to start two typhoons. What builds are on your bench? 294955 What builds are on your bench? 352546
Back to top Go down
GreenBat

GreenBat

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-27, 15:33

I've just started to add the decals to a 1/72nd Airfix Tornado GR1 it's not the best kit but I'm just using it to brush up my skills before starting to building a 1/48th Italeri Tornado with lots of extra goodies What builds are on your bench? 294955

What builds are on your bench? IMGP0740
Back to top Go down
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty2009-09-27, 16:10

Get this.....

New Airfix 1:72 Red Arrow at Model Zone is £6.99 Paints are £1.50 each, Brushes are £3 each and the Glue is £4

However for £12.99 you get the 1:48 version which includes the paints and glue.

And finally... After several years of writing letters to Airfix.....

They finally have released the PR XIX Spitfire. But not the Benson one.

I wonder if they have done the 1:48 scale.... However the 1:24 scale would be better.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What builds are on your bench? What builds are on your bench? Empty

Back to top Go down

What builds are on your bench?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Flight Sim & Modelling Section :: Modelling -