New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
Sparts99

Sparts99

Spotter Watch Member : No

Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ - Page 3 Empty2009-09-22, 08:34

I was there that day, it was a Singapore Airlines 747 I think. He performed the flypast over Stansted.
Back to top Go down
hawks922

hawks922

PostSubject: Re: Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ - Page 3 Empty2009-09-22, 08:59

The funniest thing I heard would have been at RIAT 09 on the arrivals day, one of the guys was watching the Tiffie display turn around and said "I always look at these RAF Jet display Pilots and think of it like P*rn movie actors, I like what he is doing, I would like to do it myself, but I just don't have the Stamina or the equipment" well he made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Mikedee

PostSubject: Re: Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ - Page 3 Empty2009-09-22, 11:23

Long ago, following many complaints about low flying jets from residents of a Welsh seafront town..("so low,they could see the pilots") ,Those who had complained were asked to study photos of locally based pilots to see if they could identify any of them.... Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ - Page 3 32849

Last edited by Mikedee on 2009-09-23, 01:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
60163tornado

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ - Page 3 Empty2009-09-22, 13:00

Mikedee wrote:
Long ago, following many complaints about low flying jets from residents of a Welsh seafront town,,Those who had complained were asked to study photos of locally based pilots to see if they could identify any of them.... Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ - Page 3 32849

As Ann Robinson host of The Weakest Link, might say "As we are on the subject of The Welsh". I particularly
like that old Chestnut about the Welsh Farmer who was so fed up with jets flying over his farm that he
painted "Piss Off Biggles" in large white letters on the roof of his barn, needless too say practically every
pilot in the junior service flew over the barn with a camera.,
Back to top Go down
GreenBat

GreenBat

PostSubject: Re: Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ - Page 3 Empty2009-09-22, 13:30

60163tornado wrote:

As Ann Robinson host of The Weakest Link, might say "As we are on the subject of The Welsh". I particularly
like that old Chestnut about the Welsh Farmer who was so fed up with jets flying over his farm that he
painted "Piss Off Biggles" in large white letters on the roof of his barn, needless too say practically every
pilot in the junior service flew over the barn with a camera.,

See Here http://pissoffbiggles.com/
Back to top Go down
reptile 1

reptile 1

PostSubject: Re: Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ - Page 3 Empty2009-09-22, 15:08

Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ - Page 3 Piss_off_biggles

Still makes me laugh Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ - Page 3 333264
Back to top Go down
3 greens

3 greens

PostSubject: communication breakdown Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ - Page 3 Empty2009-09-25, 16:45

Newcastle Airport Tower 119.7 ( To a PPL) "You can take off as many times as you like, however you will be charged for landings", PPL "ok going round back to Fishburn"

This was the chat from an open mike moment to Newcastle Airport Tower 119.7 . A Pupil With a very strong foreign accent. " Will I contact them"...yes... "ok this switch" ...ye..no yess, "I wishing to land on the radial".....no....... come round.. "I did that again"....I have control, "do I"....... you can again yes... Some moments later from the trainee "Newcastle tower permission to land" ? Newcastle Tower " Are you India Mike Charlie ? Reply was "No I Am A Student Of This Country"
Back to top Go down
3 greens

3 greens

PostSubject: Welsh rain Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ - Page 3 Empty2009-09-25, 17:07

Does it always rain in Wales.....? Last 2 years it has , however when it is fine IT IS SUPERB.... I wish I could place some picks on F.C. of my times in North Wales..I will some how do this with a post from our welsh readers. Sorry about going off thread.....
Back to top Go down
3 greens

3 greens

PostSubject: off biggles Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ - Page 3 Empty2009-09-25, 19:35

Some how I new that photo would arrive "P off Biggles." Biggles lived in the North East of England. Born in Gosforth Newcastle. The photo is within a farmers field in Wingate Tyne and Wear..I know as I am the back seater in the Hawk xx 164 cfs 1979.(Its nick name was"Blackpool" everything used to trip)The photo circa 99. You can add to this fantasy

http://www.targeta.co.uk/images/piss_off_biggles.jpeg
Back to top Go down
pikey01
pikey01

PostSubject: Re: Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ - Page 3 Empty2009-09-29, 23:46

Last weekend at the Diamond stand in Malta, Mark K asking one of the reps about Twinstars and was it true the RAF now operate them....real tumbleweed moment Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ - Page 3 333264
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........ - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats the funniest thing you've heard or seen........

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 3 of 3 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Fighter Control Information :: Other Military Aviation related matter -