New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
St. John

St. John

Spotter Watch Member : No

Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing - Page 2 Empty2009-07-23, 13:09

pilot_ngb wrote:
Thanks for the info MF1. For a free airshow I think it's a good line up.

Indeed, thanks Michael
Back to top Go down
ginger

Spotter Watch Member : NO

PostSubject: Re: Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing - Page 2 Empty2009-07-23, 15:26

Which aircraft will be parked up at Newcastle overnight Saturday ? Will be there on Sunday to see them taking off. Can't wait Roll Eyes
Back to top Go down
catkins

PostSubject: Re: Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing - Page 2 Empty2009-07-23, 15:53

Sunday's display times too

12:00 Red Arrows (20 minute slot and then hour gap in programme)

13:30 Belgium AF F-16 MACE 95
13:44 Blades
14:00 Swift Team
14:11 RAF Falcons (exiting Chinook by the look of it)
14:28 Chinook
14:40 Commando 523 Beach Assault (20 minute slot)
15:02 Blue Eagles AH64/Lynx
15:12 Tutor
15:21 Navy 500 Merlin HM1
15:29 King Air Be 200
15:37 Black Cats
15:50 BBMF Spitfire/Hurricane
16:01 Hawk
16:10 BBMF Dakota
16:17 Royal Netherlands AF F-16 Orange
16:30 Wingwalk Formation
16:47 Typhoon 45

If any updates hopefully these will be available by tomorrow afternoon
Forecast still better for Saturday (sun & cloud), with rain on Sunday.
No info yet on what's parked up at Newcastle but hopefully a few of you will be able to update as and when.
For me, the Vulcan should be a highlight, so I guess that means a trip to Sunderland on Saturday and airport on Sunday!
Have fun
Back to top Go down
pilot_ngb

PostSubject: Re: Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing - Page 2 Empty2009-07-24, 02:02

Tonight I will watch the red arrows and F16 come in to NCL.
Saturday = Sunderland
Sunday = Airport (silver 05 passat) - probably be at 25 end.
Back to top Go down
catkins

PostSubject: Re: Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing - Page 2 Empty2009-07-24, 11:35

Only just spotted on the http://www.vulcantothesky.org/News.asp website, and hopefully sounds a small enough problem to fix quickly today for tomorrow's visit to the north east
Friday 24th July - Sortie Cancelled
Friday, July 24, 2009 - VTTS

We're very sorry to have to announce the XH558 won't be flying to Cottesmore and Lowestoft today. A scheduled out-of-phase inspection of the landing gear doors has found a bent bracket, which needs to be replaced. This work is now proceeding, and it is hoped it will be completed in time for Saturday's displays.

So keep everything crossed in the meantime that this is fixed by the KwikFix fitter and nothing else is found!
Back to top Go down
pilot_ngb

PostSubject: Re: Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing - Page 2 Empty2009-07-24, 13:26

According to Twitter the problem has been fixed and they are doing some paper work tomorrow morning.
Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
St. John

St. John

PostSubject: Re: Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing - Page 2 Empty2009-07-25, 05:23

Does anyone know if the RNAF F16 will recover to NCL after Sunday's display or return home?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
pilot_ngb

PostSubject: Re: Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing - Page 2 Empty2009-07-25, 10:13

Just back from Seaburn. I left during the Vulcan display in order to beat the Metro traffic.

F-16's and The Blades were the best in my opinion. Great the see the Vulcan display but I couldn't appreciate it as I was dragging my chilldren to the Metro.

Downside - Display line was too far away as stated by MF1 in another thread. Not sure why it was so far. I can't compare it to other years (last years show didn't happen). The Hawk just seemed so far away.

In summary - A great free day out with the family.

Tomorrow I will linger around the perimeter of the airport providing I get some DIY done tonight!
Back to top Go down
St. John

St. John

PostSubject: Re: Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 02:24

pilot_ngb wrote:
Just back from Seaburn. I left during the Vulcan display in order to beat the Metro traffic.

I stayed until the end (and a bit longer so my daughter could have a go on the trampoline). By the time we got to the metro, the queue was round the corner and a couple of hundred yards down coniston avenue but we got on a train within 10 minutes.

There was an exodus once the Vulcan left so that reduced the traffic later.
Back to top Go down
the_edge

the_edge

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 03:54

St John:-The F-16 normally stays until Monday mornings then returns home..or he has done for the past 5 years or so.
Back to top Go down
St. John

St. John

PostSubject: Re: Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 07:26

Belgian F16 MACE25 reported electrical fault on return to NCL this afternoon and requested Samson assistance on shut down. Anyone got any more details of what the outcome of this was?
Back to top Go down
pilot_ngb

PostSubject: Re: Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 08:44

I was at rwy 25 end today when it came in. After the display he went north east of the airport to diagnose the problem. An easyjet was waived off on finals to allow him to land. He landed followed by the fire crew. Parked up on the extended taxiway at Alpha. Picked him up on 121.6 talking with the fire creq. Something about a fire warning on a EPU (??). He had to turn some system off. He said something about the left wing/wind/fire. On landing he did hold the flare for a long time. Not sure if something was wrong with the gear? Aircraft was toed back to Samson for an inspection.

All quiet exciting for the public crowd watching.

By the time it was over, there were 3 CIV's waiting at Delta and 2 waiting to land.
Back to top Go down
ginger

Spotter Watch Member : NO

PostSubject: Re: Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 12:21

Spent a lovely day up at Newcastle today watching everything coming in and going out. Was non stop from 11.50 when Red Arrows set off. What a great bunch of people up there, everyone so nice and friendly. To be honest I enjoyed today probably a little bit more than yesterday. You cant beat a Eurofighter flying right over the top of your head Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
pilot_ngb

PostSubject: Re: Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 12:56

Hello Ginger. I agree with you. I enjoyed today at rwy25 end almost as much as the airshow. If only the airport would provide some decent facilities rather than us all hanging out of hedges.
Back to top Go down
St. John

St. John

PostSubject: Re: Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing - Page 2 Empty2009-07-27, 15:05

pilot_ngb wrote:
Hello Ginger. I agree with you. I enjoyed today at rwy25 end almost as much as the airshow. If only the airport would provide some decent facilities rather than us all hanging out of hedges.

Maybe the fabled Visitor's centre will be built in the near future!!

But seriously, I always make an effort to talk to fellow enthusiasts when I'm at the 25 end. I have yet to, knowingly, talk to a fellow FC member. I realise I was stood in the wrong place over the weekend, most of you stayed round by the laybyes.

Outside the airshow weekend, I'd be interested to know how often other members go up there. Rather than keep this thread going I'm gonna start a new one to ask this question.
Back to top Go down
pilot_ngb

PostSubject: Re: Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing - Page 2 Empty2009-07-28, 06:45

I was too shy to ask if anyone was from FC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunderland Airshow - Participants/Movements/Timings/Viewing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Airshows :: Airshows -