New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Off topic / Any other business section?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should FC have an Off topic section?
Yes, I think it's a good idea
Off topic / Any other business section? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Off topic / Any other business section? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 24 ]
No! other sites are available for that
Off topic / Any other business section? - Page 2 Vote_lcap57%Off topic / Any other business section? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 57% [ 75 ]
Give it a months trial
Off topic / Any other business section? - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Off topic / Any other business section? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 24% [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 131

Poll closed

old_git

Off topic / Any other business section? - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Off topic / Any other business section? Off topic / Any other business section? - Page 2 Empty2009-04-07, 01:17

Quote :
Like others, I come here to follow my hobby of military aircraft, if I want to discuss politics, x-factor, deviant behaviour, then I know where to find sites that cater for it.

i wish to complain in the strongest terms possible about this post from 48thEagle

in future please post links when you mention such things :) :)

As for the question at hand, well i voted for give it a trial, but in my heart i know exactly how it will go.

The thing is military aviation is what we all have a common interest in so it SHOULD be a common ground for any discussions / debate.

As soon as you allow topics that will not be on common ground it will allways end up with an argument, offence or the alienation of some people.

In life when discussing things with strangers ( which we all are ) it is a good idea to avoid certain subjects to prevent any problems with what you may say or hear. stick to known common ground and you won't go far wrong.

so as Steviejaws said, if it aint broke - don't break it.

Geoff

PS 48thEagle, i was only joking - i don't want a yellow ;)
Back to top Go down
GSARB

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Off topic / Any other business section? Off topic / Any other business section? - Page 2 Empty2009-04-12, 03:55

No, no and no again. :evil:

Just have a look at other 'aviation' forums with an 'Off Topic' section - they've gone to the dogs, as the sniping from posts on the Off Topic section spill into other sections.

The more interesting aviation forums on the net don't have an 'Off Topic' section.

I vote we keep this forum as it is, there's plenty of other places on the net to vent one's spleen (which is what usually happens in an 'Off Topic' section).
Back to top Go down
Dazza

Dazza

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Off topic / Any other business section? Off topic / Any other business section? - Page 2 Empty2009-04-12, 16:05

I do not feel the need for an off topic section this is for aircraft so lets keep it that way.
Back to top Go down
rattler

PostSubject: Re: Off topic / Any other business section? Off topic / Any other business section? - Page 2 Empty2009-04-13, 02:17

Most definately NO. This is the best military aviation forum around, while spoil it with chat about football, politics etc ?

Mick F
Back to top Go down
xm594

PostSubject: Re: Off topic / Any other business section? Off topic / Any other business section? - Page 2 Empty2009-04-13, 03:07

I vote for NO, as has been said, it wastes valuable space
and basically is of no interest to the majority.
As for not posting, I regularly see interesting aviation, but
there are a lot of other aviation fans out there who report it
before i have chance to, so again no use repeating what
has already been posted.
Great Site, keep it that way
chers xm594
Back to top Go down
dconnery1966

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Off topic / Any other business section? Off topic / Any other business section? - Page 2 Empty2009-04-13, 07:33

A BIG NO FROM ME
Dougie strength and honour :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.egpk.com
Chris H

PostSubject: Re: Off topic / Any other business section? Off topic / Any other business section? - Page 2 Empty2009-04-13, 08:23

To all the people voting no (especially those who do so without justifying their views) would it really kill you all that much to opt for the months trial instead? I mean if it fails horribly then you can sit back, pat yourself on the back and smugly proclaim that you told us all so, but at least give it a chance and allow those of us that think it's a good idea a fair crack of the whip.
Back to top Go down
TEEJ

PostSubject: Re: Off topic / Any other business section? Off topic / Any other business section? - Page 2 Empty2009-04-13, 08:37

Chris,

We live in a democracy. Nobody has to justify their view or feel pressured into doing so over this matter. The poll is there for a reason. Let the poll decide this issue.

TJ
Back to top Go down
48thEagle

PostSubject: Re: Off topic / Any other business section? Off topic / Any other business section? - Page 2 Empty2009-04-13, 09:39

Chris H wrote:
To all the people voting no (especially those who do so without justifying their views) would it really kill you all that much to opt for the months trial instead? I mean if it fails horribly then you can sit back, pat yourself on the back and smugly proclaim that you told us all so, but at least give it a chance and allow those of us that think it's a good idea a fair crack of the whip.

I have absolutely no problem with this, I have said no, I would not like to see it, but equally, I won't complain if it does, if it was something I did not want to see, then all I have to do is not go in there.
Back to top Go down
352SOG

352SOG

Spotter Watch Member : nope

PostSubject: Re: Off topic / Any other business section? Off topic / Any other business section? - Page 2 Empty2009-04-13, 09:46

completely agree with 48th, if you dont want to read it then dont, quite simple really.....
Back to top Go down
Hillwalker

PostSubject: Re: Off topic / Any other business section? Off topic / Any other business section? - Page 2 Empty2009-04-13, 10:27

Chris H wrote:
.... would it really kill you all that much to opt for the months trial instead? I mean if it fails horribly then you can sit back, pat yourself on the back and smugly proclaim that you told us all so....
Hardly the way to gain support!
Back to top Go down
GOOSE
GOOSE

PostSubject: Re: Off topic / Any other business section? Off topic / Any other business section? - Page 2 Empty2009-04-13, 12:49

Well there you have it folks, at least 1 or 2 posts in the replies that prove people cannot be trusted to behave like adults. Roll Eyes Something doesn't appear to be going their way- they start to whinge!

The question was simple. An OT area - yes or no? Roll Eyes

I knew it wouldn't be long before posts turned argumentative with people posting smug comments to gain "one upmanship". Exactly how certain other boards off-topic areas go. And some of you wonder why members are against the idea and worried about behaviour. Roll Eyes

Well the overall vote was no with about 57% of the vote.

So that's it - a NO!

We will however revisit this in a few months - if people learn to behave. Roll Eyes

I won't keep my fingers crossed. Crying
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off topic / Any other business section? Off topic / Any other business section? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Off topic / Any other business section?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Fighter Control Information :: FC Information -