New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How did you find out about Fighter Control?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

How did you find out about Fighter Control
Magazine advert
How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
A link from another website
How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 50 ]
Word of mouth / existing member
How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 62 ]
Google / Search engine
How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 34 ]
Direct contact with a staff member
How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 13 ]
From the FC website
How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 12 ]
Read about us elsewhere
How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 11 ]
None of the above. Please specify below
How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 189

Poll closed

november whisky 1

november whisky 1

How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-08, 14:46

I was on the old one and love every minute of it keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-08, 22:15

I was more of a lurker on the old FC site, it didnt seem very people friendly!

Heard that FC was being relaunched by Lee(saved!) and applied to be part of the team.

I think we are a lot more enthusiast friendly than some, well thats my opinion anyway!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vividmule.com
lincs

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-09, 11:47

UKMIL was where I found the Link

Great Site How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 687308
Back to top Go down
onemac

onemac

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-09, 15:28

Was on the old forum and heard about it from the chaps on the fence. Then I started meeting chaps from south of the border and they seemed almost human... How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 294955 Been here ever since How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 101936 How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 101936 How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 101936

Al
Back to top Go down
davem

davem

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-10, 05:53

Pikey01 bullied me into it.... does this count? Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.equinesinaction.co.uk
Gulfsierra 51

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-10, 07:23

Came across the site whilst 'googling' for info on Lyneham Families Day.
'Lurked' for a short while and thought it'd be rude not to sign up. How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 966718
Got to be one of,if not the best,site's out there for info and the photography is cracking!!
well done one and all! How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 698488
Back to top Go down
baronvon

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-10, 16:53

im attending the leuchars airshow weekend package and stumbled across this site, looks superb !!!

cheers

THE BARON
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-10, 16:59

I seem to remember that it was something on the old Airscene site that prompted me to check-out FC. I do remember seeing references to UKAR for a long time and assuming (from the title) that their site was just about air shows and that FC was presumably about fighter operations! Doh!

Think the basic point here is that - as has been said - FC will only grow and improve if more people use it. The only reliable way to get more people is by word of mouth or (perhaps more importantly) mentioning the site to everyone else when you post on any other site. It doesn't mean that we have to get into the business of "poaching" people from anywhere else as of course we're all perfectly capable of using more than one site. It's just a case of remembering to mention FC when you can I guess.

I think FC has great merit. It's a good forum on which to exchange information and comments and it is suitably friendly and light-hearted when necessary, without drifting so far off into the realms of chatter that we lose track of the subject. I hope the site will prosper and continue in the same style, but my experience of these sites is that they tend to suffer from self-fulfilling depressions if people stop using them. It's important that the number of users stays high (and preferably gets higher) in order to avoid that.
Back to top Go down
pikey01
pikey01

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-10, 23:18

davem wrote:
Pikey01 bullied me into it.... does this count? Laughing

Although its not in the options, yes it does count! Laughing
Back to top Go down
alnewhaven

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-10, 23:28

I think I read about it elsewhere (UKAR?) joined the old site but was pretty inactive. Then joined the new incarnation earlier this year.
Back to top Go down
Redherc64

Redherc64

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-11, 00:26

I used to be part of the old site, then re-joined after some time away.
Back to top Go down
gazelle 558

gazelle 558

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-11, 09:52

Looking for aircraft on the web
Back to top Go down
Ben Montgomery
Ben Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-15, 16:32

Bumping this - come on guys, would be nice if more people took the time (only takes a second) to reply to this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ramaphotography.co.uk
Trembler111

Trembler111

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-16, 04:46

I found out about it from a link on UKAR. I lurked in the background for awhile to see what it was like and then joined!! Clap It is an awsome site and I have learnt many things from aviation to photography!! Clap Its the first site I get on anytime im on a comp!! Smile

Jamie
Back to top Go down
abm

abm

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-20, 01:50

I googled about fast jets passing over my house and FC was the very first hit for my query

......which was nice :-)

I was looking at some of the really excellent photos that have been posted here.
It's depressing, really, but at least someone was kind enough to start a "Worst photo" thread.
Back to top Go down
markf15

markf15

Spotter Watch Member : yes

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-21, 12:37

hi all.

was one of the founder members with Jon and Dave right from the start.
good to see it growing now stronger and better with thanks to all the new admin and mods.

mark
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-21, 13:07

abm wrote:
but at least someone was kind enough to start a "Worst photo" thread.

I wonder who that was Whistle Roll Eyes
Back to top Go down
GORDO47

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-21, 13:45

Found when looking for Mil Frequencies, from another site that I cannot remember.

Really glad I did, excellent site and forum, well done.
Back to top Go down
Speedpics

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-23, 12:05

Read about the site on another forum.
This is a wonderful resource of a site, and great photographs to view.

Ray.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/speedpics_2/
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-23, 12:11

Speedpics wrote:
Read about the site on another forum.
This is a wonderful resource of a site, and great photographs to view.

Ray.

Thank you Ray, and welcome to FC.
Back to top Go down
Speedpics

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-23, 12:17

Thanks Dunk.

Ray.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/speedpics_2/
Ramsey

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-23, 12:27

I saw many references to Fighter Control on other forums so watched for a while first. It seems much more active than other sites so decided to give it ago.

Cheers

Ian
Back to top Go down
Miramar

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-23, 13:12

It's that long ago I can't remember, but most likely it came up in a Google search for something else.

Still one of the best on the web. Keep up the good work.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-26, 02:12

Thanks again to all those that have voted and taken part, the FC Team appreciate your input as always.
Back to top Go down
sschofield

sschofield

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty2009-09-26, 03:01

Was on the old site, can't honestly remember how I found that but pretty sure someone told me. As the "politics" took over I awaited an outcome, and here it is! And here WE are!

How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 53197
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Fighter Control? How did you find out about Fighter Control? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How did you find out about Fighter Control?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 3 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Fighter Control Information :: FC Information -