New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rules Amendment

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Lynx77

Lynx77

Spotter Watch Member : no

Rules Amendment - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Rules Amendment Rules Amendment - Page 2 Empty2009-07-23, 00:08

Totally agree with this rule, however if the Mod's are going to enforce it, (JG71, space after a full stop) maybe they should adhere to it. Setting an example.

Good rule Clap
Back to top Go down
Macc

Macc

Spotter Watch Member :

PostSubject: Re: Rules Amendment Rules Amendment - Page 2 Empty2009-07-23, 03:25

Lynx77 wrote:
Totally agree with this rule, however if the Mod's are going to enforce it, (JG71, space after a full stop) maybe they should adhere to it. Setting an example.

Good rule Clap
Is it not 2 after a full stop and 1 after a comma? Angel
Back to top Go down
madcat11

madcat11

PostSubject: Re: Rules Amendment Rules Amendment - Page 2 Empty2009-07-23, 05:44

Macc wrote:
Lynx77 wrote:

Good rule Clap
Is it not 2 after a full stop and 1 after a comma? Angel

And big I not little i. Whistle Razz
Back to top Go down
jaguarjay

Spotter Watch Member : yes

PostSubject: Rules Rules Amendment - Page 2 Empty2009-07-23, 07:25

Guys, as a teacher I am with you all when it comes to grammar and text-talk but also realise that there are some in the group who genuinely cannot spell or are unaware of correct grammer and/or punctuation.
We could all continue to get very hot under the collar about this, so here is a funny poem that I keep on my noticeboard. Hope that you appreciate the sense of humour (or humor for our 'across the pond' friends!)

EYE HALVE A SPELLING CHEQUER!
Eye halve a spelling chequer

It came with my pea sea

It plainly marques four my revue

Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a key and type a word

And weight four it two say

Weather eye am wrong oar write

It shows me strait a weigh.
As soon as a mist ache is maid

It nose bee fore two long

And eye can put the error rite

Its rarely ever wrong.
Eye have run this poem threw it

I am shore your pleased two no

Its letter perfect in it’s weigh

My chequer tolled me sew.
Back to top Go down
HighlandSniper

HighlandSniper

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Rules Amendment Rules Amendment - Page 2 Empty2009-07-23, 08:11

jaguarjay wrote:
Guys, as a teacher I am with you all when it comes to grammar and text-talk but also realise that there are some in the group who genuinely cannot spell or are unaware of correct grammer and/or punctuation.

What about those who won't?

As I pointed out above, as I interpret the Moderator's announcement, members are not being asked to post Queen's/Oxford English (I won't say examination quality as the educational system doesn't seem to care any longer), just to post legible, cohesive and correctly spelt posts. With the provision of spell checkers this shouldn't be difficult even if we haven't established whether or not FC actually has a built-in spell checker.

Isn't it about time this topic was put to bed?
Back to top Go down
old_git

PostSubject: Re: Rules Amendment Rules Amendment - Page 2 Empty2009-07-23, 08:36

what we really need is an attitude checker for posts Whistle
Back to top Go down
BostonSwing

BostonSwing

PostSubject: Subject: Rules Amendment Rules Amendment - Page 2 Empty2009-07-23, 17:01

Highland Sniper wrote:
Quote :
members are not being asked to post Queen's/Oxford English (I won't say examination quality as the educational system doesn't seem to care any longer)

Due to my age I hope I can be forgiven for saying "it wasn't like that when I was at school", so I consider myself fortunate that I can 'see immediately ' when a word is wrongly spelled or the grammar is not as it should be as is the case in many newspapers nowadays.

However, I have to say that I do not have a lot of difficulty with the forums I read.

Due to the complexities of the English language I do not trust many of the 'spell/grammar checkers' as most give more than one option, so the correct one has to be known and you can be back to 'square one'.

My biggest dislikes are 'text speak' and radio and TV news readers saying 'train station' when they mean 'railway station'.
Back to top Go down
GOOSE
GOOSE

PostSubject: Re: Rules Amendment Rules Amendment - Page 2 Empty2009-07-23, 23:59

This thread is now locked. Thank you all for your input.

To avoid confusion I fully support this rule and always have.

My fellow staff members will confirm that.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion
GOOSE
GOOSE

PostSubject: Re: Rules Amendment Rules Amendment - Page 2 Empty2009-08-13, 13:05

Just a gentle reminder please Ladies and Gents. A number of posts are beginning to slip.

One sentence I noticed recently was 3 lines long and had no punctuation. With the best will in the world it still took at least 3 attempts to understand what had been written!

Remember the old favourite - "What's the point of taking the trouble to post if no one understands what you've posted!"

Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules Amendment Rules Amendment - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rules Amendment

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Fighter Control Information :: FC Information -