New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

Spotter Watch Member : No

Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Vide
PostSubject: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-07-08, 09:50

Can someone point me in the direction of how to add static aircraft to an air station on VFR Photographic/UK2000 scenery?

I can't find any decent Shawbury scenery with static Squirrels and Griffins and likewise for other air stations... some just minor.

I have two Apaches at Netheravon, which came with MAIW but i want Gazelles on there and also i want Lynx at Middle Wallop (not just MAIW Apaches) together with a ramp full of Squirrels at Shawbury.

If anyone can help on how to put static helicopters or fixed wing (especially Yeovilton as i don't feel UK2000 does what i need) on any airfield i would really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
davem

davem

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-07-08, 11:42

Oh, this could get complicated Rich!

But I don't understand all the ins and outs so will try not to confuse things.

Basically... you need an object placer program (EZ scenery is a payware one which I built Fairford with, or RWY12 is also a freeware program but you can't drag and drop with it and have to reload FS every time to make sure you've got something in the right place) and a load of the model files for these aircraft (preferably low poly models or ones with only a few LODS (levels of detail) so it won't impact on frame rates if you add lots).

Therefore, assuming you've got these then you simply load the main '.bgl' file for the airbase in question into the object placer program, open the necessary object library and drag and drop to your heart's content.

Would recommend searching Simviation, and the usual suspects (AVSIM not back up yet) for 'AI' or 'low poly' models for the a/c you want and then try it. Alternatively downlaod RWY12 and have a try with the object libraries you get with it and stick some cars / buildings etc on an existing airbase to see if you get on with it.

There are probably others out there which will do the job which others may recommend above and beyond EZ & RWY12, but as a hint, I never managed to get SBuilder to work so hope you save a few fruitless hours by ignoring that one...

HTH

Dave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.equinesinaction.co.uk
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-07-08, 16:27

Thanks Dave
Incidently i was trying RWY12 tonight and couldn't get on with it, keep reloading all the time... i managed to place some ships etc off the coast and that was it lol!

Thanks for the tips... much appreciated
Back to top Go down
glasfryn

glasfryn

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-07-08, 16:45

HI Rich, I use EZ scenery.I find it much easier than RWY12 also you can see the scenery as you put it in.Its a great programme
Back to top Go down
spadeadam

spadeadam

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-07-21, 04:30

Hi, does the EZ Scenery work with FSX or just FS4?
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-07-21, 08:46

Can someone point me in the direction of where to get the library files for RAF/RN static aircraft please?
I have general aviation aircraft, ships etc but no current military types.
I obviously have them for sceneries but when i load EZ scenery i can't see them.
Back to top Go down
batman3
Photo of the Month Winner
batman3

Spotter Watch Member : No?

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-07-22, 07:25

Hi Rich,
When i was into Flight sim i created traffic as realistic as i thought possible.
I did the gazelles at Netheravon which use Deptford and Everleigh regularly - would that interest you?
From what i remember i put about 8 gazelles there?
Salisbury plain looked quite authentic when i sat back and admired it.

If your interested i could package it up with the aircraft, the netheravon, everleigh and deptford files etc and the?

Oops and as for shawbury i made some paints for the griffin and squiril and came up with some traffic too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photographer.php?p=1591
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-08-03, 06:54

Yes please Rick... would be grateful.
Just had to re-install FS9 etc too.
Back to top Go down
batman3
batman3

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-08-04, 15:30

Sorry Rich and everyone that PM'd me - having problems hosting it so people can download (its 12MB).
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-08-09, 15:24

Is there anyway you can .rar it and send it via email mate?
RAR should put the file size way down, perhaps to 1 or 2mb
Back to top Go down
crazydunc

crazydunc

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-08-09, 17:08

http://www.yousendit.com/

Thats how i do it, You can upload the files, and then it will also give you an URL for a Direct Download you can give out :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.vraf.org
glasfryn

glasfryn

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-08-09, 23:05

Found this program .I know its payware but you can use any Helo in your sim and use it to fly as ai etc.... http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=helitraffic
Back to top Go down
batman3
batman3

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-08-10, 00:28

Sent now to everyone who provided emails - glasfryn i need you email PM'd please if you still want it. Thanks.

To cut the file size down iv not added the Hercules doing stuff on the plain - but feel free to look at the traffic file and add it yourself.
Back to top Go down
batman3
batman3

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-08-10, 01:03

HERE >> http://www.yousendit.com/download/Y1RyZm1TTk1reEJFQlE9PQ
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-08-10, 16:09

nice work Rick..... however one issue.
your Deptford Down is in the wrong place. The hip is flying on a patch way to the north east of Deptford.

Is there anyway you can amend the .bgl file at all? if not, no worries.
I'm still learning myself how to do all this.
Back to top Go down
batman3
batman3

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-08-10, 17:04

Well MY deptford was replaced by MAIW's which is wrong - when i get a spare hour i will redo it - yeah its annoying but not crutial in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-08-10, 18:54

I have just made a quick Deptford Down Strip named AF2_EGD1 (Deptford Down Strip in the main FS9 menu) which is in the correct place and adds Strip 1 and Strip 2 as they are laid out on Google Earth and VFR Photo scenery before they were changed last year (the strip is now 1 strip rather than 2).
The file is at the correct lengths as of that time period and grass on grass (layer with a thin grass centreline down the strip).

It has no markings during daytime but at night i have added some centreline lights so it is easy to see and land on (as FS9 doesn't support tactical IR beacons!)

Just tested it quick and it shows up okay if you put it in the "Addon Scenery/scenery" folder. Although i haven't tested it at night yet.

If anyone wants to use this file then email me. However if you do put it in the folder above you will get both the incorrect one and this correct one.... so up to anyone who wants to delete or keep.
Only thing i am trying to do before emailing the file is try and make it less obvious. The current scenery colour for grass stands out like a fake sore thumb with VFR Scenery and so i'm in two minds whether to try and make the DD layer invisible and just have two strips (centre lines) visible only on the VFR Photo scenery but then it will be much harder to see/find for those not familiar with Deptfords layout.
It really looks so fake and pants with the AFCAD2 green layer. Perhaps i'll try experimenting with the grass2 or grass3 texture instead of the grass0 texture?

I have not yet done any AI as i have only just started making basic scenery. I'll leave that to Rick as he knows what he is doing obviously!

My goal once i know what i'm doing or if any kind soul wants to do the AI aircraft part and help in general is to make scenery for most of SPTA including the Drop Zones Layout and perhaps do Copehill and Imber and Westdown Camp with EZ-Scenery.
Having vast knowledge of the whole SPTA area for real i can visually 'think' of stuff i can do and where things are over the whole of the plain.
Also although not sure how to do it yet, AUTOGEN the plain area.... or spend hours EZ-Scenery'ing the area with library trees (!) but i expect that will be high on frame rate.
This will make SPTA come alive then if we can chip in and get the zones, areas, trees, AI Lynx, Gazelle, Apache, Boscombe helos and Chinook/Merlins flying around !!!

Considering this is one of the main areas for the military helicopter training i think it's worth trying to do.

The only thing i hate about the new scenery layers is the grass looks so cack and awful in colour compared to the VFR fields. There is a grass texture changing programme for free though on the main FS sites... but it doesn't make much difference.

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
batman3
batman3

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-08-11, 00:25

Hi Rich,
I have a full copy of EZ-Scenery, i just cant model objects. I only have the ability to use AFCAD fully, setup AI and place objects. I think tonight i will sit down properly and give this a bash. Fire engines at the bottom of Deptford, a few photographers along the sides, tanks at the tank crossing, a few cars and lorries along the roads either side? I also rather TOWER comms than TRAFFIC - as i believe in real life they have to contact Salisbury ops before using the LZ. I have Fox Covert drop zone somewhere and worked well if you assign a IFR C130 to do missed approaches. Could even go as far as making a few confined areas out of trees....the Lindens?
I think im slowly getting back into this grrrrrr.....

Edit: Off to work now but when im home at 6 il redo deptford and add about 3 short runways at various points and position so the approaches dont clash, this should give the impression of 3 heli's using the LZ as per real life. Will also create a larger runway for the C-130. Will then lay all the scenery and develop some better AI traffic.
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-08-11, 02:32

I added some tanks (Challenger II's and a few Land Rovers) to Imber last night to see what it would look like but they are barely visible from the air using VFR scenery due to the colours used Crying

Really need to sort out the fakeness of the layer of grass for scenery. As the layers look so crap stuck on the VFR scenery. Need some real grass colours instead of the crap that comes with the scenery editors.

I will add some trees to my version of DD to the woods and see what it looks like.
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-08-12, 03:38

Okay i have added some more things to EGD1 (Deptford Down Strip) which is my own creation....
Simple but affective...
Strip 1 and Strip 2 as they were before last years changes.
The byeway i have put lines of brush grass down the length as this is what is there in real life.
Barn added
Cows in the penning between the barn and strip
Fence seperating the penning and strip
Trees covering DD woods
Two fire engines (old land rover 6x6 ones) and a few Land rovers but i might delete these, not sure yet.
Combine harvester with truck next to it in the field next to the byeway complete with seagulls flying around it however combine is static :(
Copehill Down FIBUA village including the train carriages and afghan village (will be improved)
Challenger 2's, Scimitars and Land Rovers beside the village (more to be added).

Strip 1 and 2 have very thin strip lines (rough strip) down them creating the effect that Hercules have used it often down the center of the very wide airstrip itself.
For night landings, because FS9 doesn't have a switch for NVG's i have placed runway (minimal) lighting for both.

Lots more to do there. I haven't added AI traffic but if someone wants too, then feel free and let me know.
I was flying the Alphasim Lynx from DD to Copehill to test it and it works fine!
Back to top Go down
batman3
batman3

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-08-12, 11:33

Sounds good Smile just bare in mind the more objects you have the heavier the impactt is on the frame rate.
Im cracking on with everleigh at the moment - loads of trees Unsure/Confused .
Im really proud of the flightplans iv created for the plain, trouble is it uses about 4 runways on Deptford just so that all the traffic isn't going the same way so they won't be valid for your Deptford, also the aircraft use Everleigh quite abit in their plans.
Going to work on some of the ranges and then the towns for landmarks.
If i can get all the permissions i can feel a package coming on....
Back to top Go down
Garysb

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-08-12, 15:27

batman3 wrote:
Well MY deptford was replaced by MAIW's which is wrong - when i get a spare hour i will redo it - yeah its annoying but not crutial in my opinion.

Hi Batman
I made the SPH1 & 2 Afcads for MAIW
I just picked a spot on SP to make a couple of landing strips

I didnt realise there was actual helo operating areas

If we can keep the same code we can reissue the afcads with the Chinook package

Gary
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-08-12, 15:53

Luckily i know where every landing spot is on the plain and every helo operating location, and every confined area and every camp, every location where helicopters use.

I'm currently working on my own little thing to see if it works in general as i have no idea on how the other stuff works.
Basically i now have for my FS9 this, after two days of working on it....

1. Very accurate Deptford Down location which has:-
Fire vehicles, accurate tree locations, brush/weeds where the byeway is, Barn, cows etc...in all a very accurate representation of Deptford.
This is a seperate Deptford Down.bgl for input into the Addon Scenery/scenery folder (or wherever you want to put it to show up) and another .bgl which is "Deptford trees" which has all the barns, FIBUA buildings, trees, brush, vehicles in it... so far for the western plain.
Its only 30kb in size and ive done a fair amount of trees (ok, loads) and with the scenery up and trees (some of which are autogen as i played with that today) i have no frame rate problems yet.

2. Copehill Down FIBUA village just north of the strip, i have added different houses, the pub and the ops building together with the afghan village and the train carriages which the SAS use (which are now moved but i like it where they were previously in real life).
Tanks and Land Rovers around the village as in real life.

3. Just started Imber Village and will be doing New Zealand Camp, Knook Camp, Westdown Camp, Avon Camp and others soon.

I will then start to do the east side. (Everleigh etc) and see how that pans out as the current Everleigh is elevated on the scenery files sent...

All i then need is AI traffic....

If anyone wants my Deptford Down (EGD1) .bgl file and the associated objects .bgl (trees, buildings) and put it into their flightsim and then able to manipulate it to add proper AI traffic then they can do so.
I want to make SPTA as accurate as possible... and i feel Deptford really is so far. As is Copehill.

I made Deptford Down itself (basic runways etc) with AFCAD2 and placed the scenery objects around it with EZ-Scenery.

Btw, heli traffic 2009...... wow. Made my Deptford come alive with all my aircraft in my aircraft folder and made no impact on frame rate.
I made four landing spots on Deptford itself for a trial run... i had a Chinook, Seaking HC4, Seaking ASAC7, Apaches., Lynx and Squirrels all using it with minutes... at one point because i overclocked the usage, i had an Apache hovering waiting for the Seaking to get a move on and bugger off!! The only trouble is, they land and shut down on the spot unless you issue a time frame for them to leave being under a minute. That way it looks like they come in, land, and take off again like they do on Deptford. They actually come to a hover, yaw and land and take off like a helicopter does. Also if you dont issue any departure or arrival airfield and just use waypoints around the strips they will continously do what you tell them to do.... i had a AH9 circling the woods and then running down the side of Strip 1 at 20kts before circling Copehill Down....

Anyway
If anyone would like to dabble in making some AI for my scenery they can contact me.... as i havent a clue, as when i have tried, its never worked Crying
Back to top Go down
batman3
batman3

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-08-13, 01:48

Rich are you actually planning on releasing this? You've now won me over and i can never match your secretive knowledge of the plain. When your done with the AFCADS your more than welcome to send them over and il come up with a very detailed and realistic set of flightplans even heli's going to the camps etc. If your interested let me know. I've scrubbed my one now and can't wait to see what you've done. Just out of interest are you doing Everleigh?
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty2009-08-13, 10:48

Rick,
It maybe worth a go if we can all work together to do a package.
I have had Glasfryn helping me out last night and today with some AI as i had a few things wrong on the AFCAD file.
But perhaps the three of us work as a team on this as we are all interested in making it work and come alive.

I am in the late stages of finishing Deptford Down, Copehill Down and Imber Range. Then moving to more areas...

I will send you a PM....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields Empty

Back to top Go down

Adding AI/Static aircraft to scenery airfields

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Flight Sim & Modelling Section :: Flight Sim Section -