New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The return of Big Brother!

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Sheff

Sheff

Spotter Watch Member : no

The return of Big Brother! Vide
PostSubject: The return of Big Brother! The return of Big Brother! Empty2009-06-04, 18:10

Ahh what joy - the return of the most entertaining television of the year. Despite my attention being distracted by the News and This Week on the BBC (watching the implosion of the Government is quite amusing, in a grotesque car crash kind of way), I was delighted to see the return of Big Brother. As the blessed Davina McCall said, it's confirmation that summer really is here!

Thankfully, I've never fallen into the trap of dismissing BB as "trash TV" for idiots. I'm with the likes of Stephen Fry who rightly identified BB for what it is - a similarly grotesque display of real people being real. Okay, they think they're performing for TV but of course that notion never lasts for long and - sooner or later - the Housemates inevitably show themselves for the people that they really are, and the results are always fascinating (and often quite horrifying). It's easy to say that BB is "dumbed-down" television for stupid people but in many ways, quite the opposite is true. Without the benefit of a script, production and direction (well, not much of it), it is far more interesting to watch people simply being people. If you've never had the patience to sit-through some episodes of BB, give it a go! Drop your preconceptions, ignore the lofty dismissals from people who think they know better (but who are actually too retarded to recognise good television when they see it), and enjoy. There's nothing more entertaining than watching people being themselves. Granted, it does sometimes make you wonder how most of 'em ever got beyond primary school but nonetheless, it's addictive! Smile
Back to top Go down
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: The return of Big Brother! The return of Big Brother! Empty2009-06-05, 01:54

Saw "wolverine" and then went to bed, left Stacey to watch it, then 30 mins later she came to bed.

Whether I'll be a BB widower again, I have no idea ????
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

PostSubject: Re: The return of Big Brother! The return of Big Brother! Empty2009-06-05, 02:21

Ive only ever watched one series, and ended up getting addicted, and I think it was the best year. 2004 I think it was, the one where Victor and Emma fought, and the police were called. It was a classic year, so much went on during that series. Michelle the Geordie slapper was classic.

Being half way round the Globe means I cant watch any BB, so my life wont be brought to a stand still this summer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vividmule.com
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: The return of Big Brother! The return of Big Brother! Empty2009-06-05, 03:53

Well you've got the BB website if you need a fix?!

Ahh yes, the delicious Michelle Bass and her classic line issued in pure geordie (when she saw her prospective boyfriend suggesting a naked dip in the pool) - "nooo more naeyked jaccuuziness"!

I was amused at how the screaming mob in the BBBM studio could manage to have an opinion on all the new Housemates, even though they'd seen no more than two minutes of each one. Nothing like a snap judgement is there?! I thought Pete Burns was hilarious as he patently didn't want to be there (as usual) and had no opinion, using his stock line "I was in the toilet when he/she went in" but summed it up nicely with his later line - "I wish I'd been in the toilet when she went in" ...
Laughing
Back to top Go down
JG71
Admin
Admin
JG71

PostSubject: Re: The return of Big Brother! The return of Big Brother! Empty2009-06-05, 10:48

Oh please i think i will pass on this one.Get me a pint. Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.j79photography.webs.com
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: The return of Big Brother! The return of Big Brother! Empty2009-06-05, 15:10

Day One seemed promising - I'm guessing they won't be quite so giddy tomorrow seen as they were awake most of the night (seems they don't have a clock) feeling so pleased with themselves. No doubt it'll turn ugly before too long ... rah!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
keiron lammond

Spotter Watch Member : Nope

PostSubject: Re: The return of Big Brother! The return of Big Brother! Empty2009-06-05, 16:55

I prefer the celebrity big brother series. Leo Sayer. Enough said. Secret
Back to top Go down
http://www.klammond.f2s.com/
Flying figgis

Flying figgis

Spotter Watch Member : Yes I am!

PostSubject: Re: The return of Big Brother! The return of Big Brother! Empty2009-06-06, 04:06

JG71 wrote:
Oh please i think i will pass on this one.Get me a pint. Mad

Too true...just looking at BB makes me realise the way our country is unfortunately going. Please make it stop!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.yourstressmanager.co.uk
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: The return of Big Brother! The return of Big Brother! Empty2009-06-06, 04:29

The CBB series with Leo Sayer was a revelation I agree. I was never convinced about that guy but the show certainly revealed his true nature - how we laughed - what a plonker! Mind you, when it comes to CBB the all-time great was Jackie Stallone. What a star!
Laugh
Back to top Go down
REDS

REDS

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: The return of Big Brother! The return of Big Brother! Empty2009-06-06, 09:20

More TV rubbish Mad Mad
Britain has talent is over then we have this tripe to contend with,
more Aircraft related programmes please.
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: The return of Big Brother! The return of Big Brother! Empty2009-06-06, 09:38

Think you'll find that "rubbish" and "aircraft related programmes" almost inevitably are the same thing. Can't remember the last time I saw an aircraft programme that didn't encourage me to put my foot through the TV screen. Sadly, I fear aircraft is a subject that is doomed to the dark recesses of cable/sat channels like Discovery, and even if you can be bothered to find them on there, you often wish you hadn't bothered!
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: The return of Big Brother! The return of Big Brother! Empty2009-06-08, 17:39

Good grief, it's only Day Four and it's starting to turn ugly already - rah!
They'll be using machine guns and grenades by Week Six at this rate. Don't you just love disfunctional people...
Back to top Go down
jamesg23

PostSubject: Re: The return of Big Brother! The return of Big Brother! Empty2009-06-08, 20:15

Sheff wrote:

They'll be using machine guns and grenades by Week Six at this rate.

cant they give them the machine guns and grenades on day one so its over by day two?
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: The return of Big Brother! The return of Big Brother! Empty2009-06-09, 08:53

Nah, that's be no fun at all - let 'em have their freedom to make complete idiots of themselves first Laughing
Back to top Go down
GOOSE
GOOSE

PostSubject: Re: The return of Big Brother! The return of Big Brother! Empty2009-06-09, 12:54

I like Sofia. The one who walked on glass - she's got lovely eyes!!!!! Angel

And yes, I am shallow Wow Wow Wow
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion
keiron lammond

Spotter Watch Member : Nope

PostSubject: Re: The return of Big Brother! The return of Big Brother! Empty2009-06-09, 12:58

Think that's Saffia, Goose. Sophia is the little demon dwarf. Oh, and just to confuse the issue, there's also a Sophie, although she's currently known as Dog Face.
Back to top Go down
http://www.klammond.f2s.com/
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: The return of Big Brother! The return of Big Brother! Empty2009-06-09, 14:01

Sophia the Poison Dwarf!
That glass walking thing was funny. Are you seriously telling me that these people thought it was real glass? Are they that stupid? Oh yeah 'course they are, what am I saying...

I thought it was funny how they kept referrring to the Special Forces team - I'm guessing the nearest they'd ever been to Hereford was the canteen at Elstree!
Back to top Go down
GOOSE
GOOSE

PostSubject: Re: The return of Big Brother! The return of Big Brother! Empty2009-06-09, 14:14

keiron lammond wrote:
Think that's Saffia, Goose. Sophia is the little demon dwarf. Oh, and just to confuse the issue, there's also a Sophie, although she's currently known as Dog Face.

Aye thats the one. Definitely not the poison dwarf, she ought to go back to munchkin land Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: The return of Big Brother! The return of Big Brother! Empty2009-06-09, 16:39

Tonight's gem - seems that the reason why the English language has some grammatical similarities with German is because of WWII when the Nazis were in England...

You couldn't make this stuff up... I love Big Brother Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The return of Big Brother! The return of Big Brother! Empty

Back to top Go down

The return of Big Brother!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: FC Community :: Non-Aviation Chat -