New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Duxford F-15A roll out

View previous topic View next topic Go down
ghostriderf14

Spotter Watch Member : No

Duxford F-15A roll out Vide
PostSubject: Duxford F-15A roll out Duxford F-15A roll out Empty2009-06-04, 05:53

A few shots from the roll out of Duxford's F-15A in it's new scheme.

Duxford F-15A roll out Sl372170stitch

Duxford F-15A roll out Sl372162

Duxford F-15A roll out Sl372160

Duxford F-15A roll out Sl372178

Duxford F-15A roll out Sl372181stitch

Duxford F-15A roll out Sl372200
Back to top Go down
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Duxford F-15A roll out Duxford F-15A roll out Empty2009-06-04, 08:17

Is that a new Cockpit Canopy, or has someone been using elbow grease with the Autoglym ?
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
ghostriderf14

PostSubject: Re: Duxford F-15A roll out Duxford F-15A roll out Empty2009-06-04, 08:21

Street Hawk wrote:
Is that a new Cockpit Canopy, or has someone been using elbow grease with the Autoglym ?

A lot of elbow grease. Big Grin Someone spent at least an hour cleaning it inside and out yesterday.
Back to top Go down
vulcanone

vulcanone

Spotter Watch Member : Not yet

PostSubject: Re: Duxford F-15A roll out Duxford F-15A roll out Empty2009-06-04, 08:52

Its painted in the marks of the 5th Fighter Interception Squadron (FIS) for those who were about to ask.

They were disbanded in the early 90s about the same time as TAC merged to become ACC IIRC.

TS
Back to top Go down
b0nd08

b0nd08

PostSubject: Re: Duxford F-15A roll out Duxford F-15A roll out Empty2009-06-04, 11:01

glad to see its back out :D
Back to top Go down
madcat11

madcat11

PostSubject: Re: Duxford F-15A roll out Duxford F-15A roll out Empty2009-06-04, 11:46

It's nice but I would prefer to see it as a BT,CR or IS example. They had a strong connection with Europe and the UK. I just think that would bring more meaning to the exhibit??? Am I talking c**p? Be interested to know what other people think.
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: Duxford F-15A roll out Duxford F-15A roll out Empty2009-06-04, 11:51

madcat11 wrote:
It's nice but I would prefer to see it as a BT,CR or IS example. They had a strong connection with Europe and the UK. I just think that would bring more meaning to the exhibit??? Am I talking c**p? Be interested to know what other people think.

I totally agree with you,but I think every museum exhibit should remain in the scheme it last flew with.
Just my thoughts,love to hear what everyone else thinks................
Back to top Go down
GOOSE
GOOSE

PostSubject: Re: Duxford F-15A roll out Duxford F-15A roll out Empty2009-06-04, 13:11

CR and full Wolfhounds markings for me.

Glad she's had some attention but agree with those comments so far that she should be in a European representative scheme.

Did the aircraft ever belong to the 5th FIS?
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion
ghostriderf14

PostSubject: Re: Duxford F-15A roll out Duxford F-15A roll out Empty2009-06-04, 13:47

GOOSE wrote:
CR and full Wolfhounds markings for me.

Glad she's had some attention but agree with those comments so far that she should be in a European representative scheme.

Did the aircraft ever belong to the 5th FIS?

Yes. I don't think this aircraft was ever based at CR or IS though.
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: Duxford F-15A roll out Duxford F-15A roll out Empty2009-06-04, 13:50

It served at Bitburg coded "BT" ,then went to Eglin and coded "EG".
Back to top Go down
TEEJ

PostSubject: Re: Duxford F-15A roll out Duxford F-15A roll out Empty2009-06-04, 14:06

She looks great. A lot of hard work and preparation. Well done to the team!

5th FIS lineup from 1986

http://www.flickr.com/photos/planephotoman/3407659902/

It did serve at Bitburg

See the following.

http://www.airsceneuk.org.uk/hangar/2002/f15/f15.htm

http://www.f-15.nl/ore.html

TJ
Back to top Go down
ghostriderf14

PostSubject: Re: Duxford F-15A roll out Duxford F-15A roll out Empty2009-06-04, 14:14

Flaps wrote:
It served at Bitburg coded "BT" ,then went to Eglin and coded "EG".

...then to 5th FIS Minot, then 101st FS Massachusetts ANG and finally 122nd FS Louisiana ANG.
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: Duxford F-15A roll out Duxford F-15A roll out Empty2009-06-04, 14:23

Thanks for the rest of it's history, ghostrider.
Back to top Go down
meyer0629

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: the duxford 15 Duxford F-15A roll out Empty2009-06-21, 08:25

hey guys, i was one of the key members of the actual refurbishment, i just wanted to say that the reason we picked the 5th FIS scheme was because we just thought it looked great and it would be a real challenge to the team to put it together, i appreciate all the nice comments on the job, Kevin
Back to top Go down
ghostriderf14

PostSubject: Re: Duxford F-15A roll out Duxford F-15A roll out Empty2009-07-12, 11:26

meyer0629 wrote:
hey guys, i was one of the key members of the actual refurbishment, i just wanted to say that the reason we picked the 5th FIS scheme was because we just thought it looked great and it would be a real challenge to the team to put it together, i appreciate all the nice comments on the job, Kevin

Hi, are you on the left in this picture? I'm 3rd from the right. You guys did a great job. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Gary W

Gary W

PostSubject: Re: Duxford F-15A roll out Duxford F-15A roll out Empty2009-07-13, 02:08

[/quote]I totally agree with you,but I think every museum exhibit should remain in the scheme it last flew with. Just my thoughts,love to hear what everyone else thinks................[/quote]

Agree 100%.......so where has that Barley Grey paint gone??? Whistle (F-4J)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duxford F-15A roll out Duxford F-15A roll out Empty

Back to top Go down

Duxford F-15A roll out

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Demobbed :: Wrecks & Relics / Museums -