New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


 
HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RAFAIR 7000-7005

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Author Message
milky01

milky01

Location : coningsby
Spotter Watch Member : No

RAFAIR 7000-7005 Vide
PostSubject: RAFAIR 7000-7005 RAFAIR 7000-7005 Empty2009-06-03, 09:20

Six Typhoons left this morning for a deployment to Turkey.

ZJ918 QO-L 7000
ZJ928 QON 7001
ZJ920 Q-OA 7002
ZJ916 QO-U 7003
ZJ924 DD 7004
ZJ923 QO-E 7005.

Cheers Kevin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.milky01.piczo.com
seeker33



Location : North Yorkshire

RAFAIR 7000-7005 Vide
PostSubject: Re: RAFAIR 7000-7005 RAFAIR 7000-7005 Empty2009-06-04, 00:41

Cheers Kevin

Good pics by the way

On the face of it, this looks like a 3 squadron movement, but the 'rumours' thread refers to an 11 sqn deployment to Turkey too, but this is supposedly scheduled for the 15th.
Is this an 11 sqn deployment, but earlier than stated, and using mostly 3 sqn jets, or will there be an another detachment in the middle of the month?
Back to top Go down
triplexxxF2

triplexxxF2

Location : Immingham
Spotter Watch Member : yes

RAFAIR 7000-7005 Vide
PostSubject: Re: RAFAIR 7000-7005 RAFAIR 7000-7005 Empty2009-06-04, 02:33

its an 11 sqdn deployment like I was at cby last friday most of 11 sqdn a/c are in 3 sqdn HAS site a and 3 sqdn are in 11 sqdn HAS site Whistle

Terry
Back to top Go down
seeker33



Location : North Yorkshire

RAFAIR 7000-7005 Vide
PostSubject: Re: RAFAIR 7000-7005 RAFAIR 7000-7005 Empty2009-06-04, 06:14

Right. Supposed to be a departure on 15th to Turkey though...?
Back to top Go down
exleckie

exleckie

Location : Lincolnshire
Spotter Watch Member : no

RAFAIR 7000-7005 Vide
PostSubject: Re: RAFAIR 7000-7005 RAFAIR 7000-7005 Empty2009-06-04, 10:29

Quote :
Supposed to be a departure on 15th to Turkey though...?

No.. 11 Sqn were to deploy between 3-7 Jun and they have. The recovery phase is 20 - 24 June. With 2 weeks in Turkey for Ex Anatolian Eagle. 3 were never going they will be doing QBF with 29 Sqn.
Back to top Go down
seeker33



Location : North Yorkshire

RAFAIR 7000-7005 Vide
PostSubject: Re: RAFAIR 7000-7005 RAFAIR 7000-7005 Empty2009-06-04, 14:04

Fair enough. The F15 thread on the 'rumours' board quoted the 15th for 11sqn to deploy. It was Reptile 1 who had checked the calendar. Must've been a mistake.That's the reason for the question. And the fact that 5 out of the 6 jets noted were in 3 sqn colours added further confusion (a bit like the callsign/jet sharing thing). Thanks for clearing that up. Cheers
Back to top Go down
markranger




RAFAIR 7000-7005 Vide
PostSubject: Re: RAFAIR 7000-7005 RAFAIR 7000-7005 Empty2009-06-04, 14:14

exleckie wrote:
Quote :
Supposed to be a departure on 15th to Turkey though...?

No.. 11 Sqn were to deploy between 3-7 Jun and they have. The recovery phase is 20 - 24 June. With 2 weeks in Turkey for Ex Anatolian Eagle. 3 were never going they will be doing QBF with 29 Sqn.



What does QBF mean?

Mark.
Back to top Go down
JagMadAndy

JagMadAndy

Location : Lincolnshire

RAFAIR 7000-7005 Vide
PostSubject: Re: RAFAIR 7000-7005 RAFAIR 7000-7005 Empty2009-06-04, 14:26

QBF = Queens Birthday Flypast or at least i think so.

Andy Smile
Back to top Go down
markranger




RAFAIR 7000-7005 Vide
PostSubject: Re: RAFAIR 7000-7005 RAFAIR 7000-7005 Empty2009-06-04, 14:53

JagMadAndy wrote:
QBF = Queens Birthday Flypast or at least i think so.

Andy Smile

That sounds about right,Thanks.

Also how does the Queens Flypast Affect the flying on the monday after the Saturday?

Because the crews fly saturday do they get monday off?

Planning on going to CBY on the monday hence the question.

Mark.
Back to top Go down
exleckie

exleckie

Location : Lincolnshire
Spotter Watch Member : no

RAFAIR 7000-7005 Vide
PostSubject: Re: RAFAIR 7000-7005 RAFAIR 7000-7005 Empty2009-06-04, 17:01

seeker33 wrote
Quote :
Fair enough. The F15 thread on the 'rumours' board quoted the 15th for 11sqn to deploy. It was Reptile 1 who had checked the calendar. Must've been a mistake.That's the reason for the question. And the fact that 5 out of the 6 jets noted were in 3 sqn colours added further confusion (a bit like the callsign/jet sharing thing)

No probs, I guess thats why its a "rumour" thread. No idea why so many 3 Sqn jets went, but its bound to be a perfectly logical reason. The borrowing of jets between sqns goes on all the time, but not callsigns.

markranger
Quote :
Because the crews fly saturday do they get monday off? Planning on going to CBY on the monday hence the question

What about the poor old Engineers who have to fix the bl***y things. Whether they fly Monday would depend on local management, if they decide to service/fix the jets Saturday or leave it till Monday morning and start flying late. A case of play it by ear I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
markranger




RAFAIR 7000-7005 Vide
PostSubject: Re: RAFAIR 7000-7005 RAFAIR 7000-7005 Empty2009-06-05, 01:13

exleckie wrote:
seeker33 wrote
Quote :
Fair enough. The F15 thread on the 'rumours' board quoted the 15th for 11sqn to deploy. It was Reptile 1 who had checked the calendar. Must've been a mistake.That's the reason for the question. And the fact that 5 out of the 6 jets noted were in 3 sqn colours added further confusion (a bit like the callsign/jet sharing thing)

No probs, I guess thats why its a "rumour" thread. No idea why so many 3 Sqn jets went, but its bound to be a perfectly logical reason. The borrowing of jets between sqns goes on all the time, but not callsigns.

markranger
Quote :
Because the crews fly saturday do they get monday off? Planning on going to CBY on the monday hence the question

What about the poor old Engineers who have to fix the bl***y things. Whether they fly Monday would depend on local management, if they decide to service/fix the jets Saturday or leave it till Monday morning and start flying late. A case of play it by ear I'm afraid.

Thanks for the infomation.

Mark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




RAFAIR 7000-7005 Vide
PostSubject: Re: RAFAIR 7000-7005 RAFAIR 7000-7005 Empty

Back to top Go down

RAFAIR 7000-7005

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: East Midlands :: RAF Coningsby -