New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Whens Gordon Brown going?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

Whens Gordon Brown going? Vide
PostSubject: Whens Gordon Brown going? Whens Gordon Brown going? Empty2009-06-03, 01:10

Given the Labour meltdown, and his MP's deserting a sinking ship, who's for a sweepstake on when Mr Brown leaves/calls a general election?

We are a laughing stock at the moment. Here in the UAE the locals I work with think its hilarious about the state of our Government and ask why they are all thiefs?!!

Personally the sooner we have a general election the better, I hope to see the back of Gordon by the end of June, he is unwanted, unelected and unbelievably naive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vividmule.com
Aileron

Aileron

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Whens Gordon Brown going? Whens Gordon Brown going? Empty2009-06-03, 01:19

they are thieving sods i agree with your work mates.

they should have a a prison sentance just like they would do to a person thats commited benifit fraud. why should they get away with it when they nit pick at the littlest thing that we do wrong. " you didnt state that your son has left home" ect. they have frauded there own system and frauded us out of money because at the end of the day its us Taxpayers that have payed for all there little gubbins!
Back to top Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

PostSubject: Re: Whens Gordon Brown going? Whens Gordon Brown going? Empty2009-06-03, 03:53

Things go from bad to worse, Hazel Blears resigns.

Funny how the last Tory Government imploded at the end of the Thatcher/Major years, and here we see the Labour Governement doing exactly the same.

Its a funny old game!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vividmule.com
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: Whens Gordon Brown going? Whens Gordon Brown going? Empty2009-06-05, 15:18

I've been watching today's/yesterday's activities with a mix or horror and amusement. You have to wonder just how much it would take to get Brown to finally resign. But as Nick Robinson (BBC Political Editor) said - one of his unattributable sources has said that they're kinda stuck because they have a choice between a slow death with Gordon Brown, or a rapid suicide by getting a new leader which would inevitably mean a general election. They're in a no-win situation and they're simply hanging-on as long as they can, not least because the MP's get a dollop of cash (severence pay effectively) if they stick it out. As usual, it's all about the MP's and their self interests, combined with the preservation of their party. Inexplicably, it never, ever has anything to do with democracy or the interests of the electorate. The whole lot of 'em should be horse whipped!
Back to top Go down
SteveS
SteveS

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Whens Gordon Brown going? Whens Gordon Brown going? Empty2009-06-05, 15:39

I think Gordon has finally flipped and is now starting to confuse reality with television programs. I mean, Alan Sugar? I had an Amstrad once upon a time - it was {censored]!
Back to top Go down
http://www.runwayphotography.co.uk
neil1861

PostSubject: Re: Whens Gordon Brown going? Whens Gordon Brown going? Empty2009-06-05, 15:43

ASAP
Back to top Go down
keiron lammond

Spotter Watch Member : Nope

PostSubject: Re: Whens Gordon Brown going? Whens Gordon Brown going? Empty2009-06-05, 17:23

Trouble is, it doesn't matter who wins the next election, I don't think it will make any difference to the ongoing under-funding of the Armed Forces. It seems to me that all parties consider defense cuts as an easy method of generating money for other things, rather than seeing defense as something which badly requires a lot of investment.

I find myself feeling disillusioned when it comes to voting, for many many reasons. It's hardly suprising that they consider 30% turn out as good at an election!

As for Gordon Brown, his apparent lack of empathy makes him come across as arrogant and complacent. The manner in which he presents himself to the public is dull and uninspiring. While I'm sure he's a very clever man, and has good intentions, I'm afraid that at a time like now, when we're witnessing the biggest world economic slow down since the 1930's, I don't think he's fit to lead his party, let alone the Country, into calmer waters.

Brown has failed to endear himself to the nation. The way he took office was unpleasant, with Blair being forced into a position where he had to go. The numerous times we hear of fellow Labour party members and observers accusing his style of leadership as bullying does nothing for his reputation in the eyes of the average voter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.klammond.f2s.com/
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: Whens Gordon Brown going? Whens Gordon Brown going? Empty2009-06-05, 17:48

Never voted in my life and probably never will. It's a bit like the old Groucho Marx line about not wanting to join any club that would have him as a member - anyone who wants to be an MP should be automatically eliminated as a matter of principle!

It disgusts me how even after all the turmoil of recent weeks, the MP's still churn-out the tired old cliches, platitudes and lines about how their party is better than the other. Surely, they must know that nobody buys this rubbish, and yet...

As for the armed forces, I guess they're doomed to yet more cuts no matter who is in power. Ultimately, they're never going to get the funding they need because spending money on the forces doesn't win votes. The bit that really annoys me is how the forces would probably manage to cope if it wasn't for Afghanistan and yet we're still there, people getting killed on a weekly basis and all for nothing. I sometimes wonder just how many kids will have to die before somebody suggests that maybe it might be better to just walk away. It might not be so bad if anyone could actually offer an explanation as to how any of the Government's crusade in Afghanistan has defended the United Kingdom? Afghanistan isn't worth the life of so much as one British serviceman. In much the same way as the crazed Mr Bush decided to retaliate for 9/11 by bombing Iraq, it amazes me that nobody - especially the media - stops to ask how this crusade in Afghanistan is in any way connected to the security of the UK. This notion that we're somehow going to drive all the evil terrorists off the planet by picking them off in Afghanistan is almost comical, if it wasn't so tragic.

But of course it's not really about our security at all - it's about Brown performing on the world stage. Even now, it seems that he (and all the other parties) are still intent on making Britain punch above its weight. If Brown had the guts to concentrate the resources of our armed forces on the defence of the UK - and nothing else - there wouldn't be much of a funding crisis to worry about. But if he did that, he wouldn't be able to get as many photo opportunities with Obama...
Back to top Go down
Flying figgis

Flying figgis

Spotter Watch Member : Yes I am!

PostSubject: Re: Whens Gordon Brown going? Whens Gordon Brown going? Empty2009-06-06, 04:05

Gordon Brown....is a translation of the phrase 'completely useless!' He beggars belief and his contemptuous disregard for the armed forces is astounding. He has managed to mismanage or destroy just about everything. The D-Day commemorations are on today. Where is the Queen? Looking at GB makes me angry..he has no business being there..he simply doesn't care!

Rant over.

The sooner he is gone, the better before our wonderful nation is gone for good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.yourstressmanager.co.uk
TEEJ

PostSubject: Re: Whens Gordon Brown going? Whens Gordon Brown going? Empty2009-06-06, 06:50

Sheff wrote:
Never voted in my life and probably never will. It's a bit like the old Groucho Marx line about not wanting to join any club that would have him as a member - anyone who wants to be an MP should be automatically eliminated as a matter of principle!

It disgusts me how even after all the turmoil of recent weeks, the MP's still churn-out the tired old cliches, platitudes and lines about how their party is better than the other. Surely, they must know that nobody buys this rubbish, and yet...

As for the armed forces, I guess they're doomed to yet more cuts no matter who is in power. Ultimately, they're never going to get the funding they need because spending money on the forces doesn't win votes. The bit that really annoys me is how the forces would probably manage to cope if it wasn't for Afghanistan and yet we're still there, people getting killed on a weekly basis and all for nothing. I sometimes wonder just how many kids will have to die before somebody suggests that maybe it might be better to just walk away. It might not be so bad if anyone could actually offer an explanation as to how any of the Government's crusade in Afghanistan has defended the United Kingdom? Afghanistan isn't worth the life of so much as one British serviceman. In much the same way as the crazed Mr Bush decided to retaliate for 9/11 by bombing Iraq, it amazes me that nobody - especially the media - stops to ask how this crusade in Afghanistan is in any way connected to the security of the UK. This notion that we're somehow going to drive all the evil terrorists off the planet by picking them off in Afghanistan is almost comical, if it wasn't so tragic.

But of course it's not really about our security at all - it's about Brown performing on the world stage. Even now, it seems that he (and all the other parties) are still intent on making Britain punch above its weight. If Brown had the guts to concentrate the resources of our armed forces on the defence of the UK - and nothing else - there wouldn't be much of a funding crisis to worry about. But if he did that, he wouldn't be able to get as many photo opportunities with Obama...

You are forgetting the run up to 9/11. 1998 saw the bombing of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania which Al Qaeda took responsibility for. The UN and Security Council passed resolution 1193 due to the Taliban allowing Afghanistan to be used as a terrorist haven. The continued attacks on UN personnel in Taliban areas resulted in resolution 1214 being passed. This demanded that the Taliban stop providing sanctuary and training for international terrorists and to bring them to justice.

The Taliban failed in all the UN resolution passed to hand over Usama Bin Laden and continued to provide safe haven and support to Al Q. Sanctions were imposed on Afghanistan and the Taliban still did not comply. 9/11 was the breaking point and resulted in international action against the Taliban and Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. Remember that the International Security Assistance Force is under UN mandate in Afghanistan.

The Taliban in their running of Afghanistan and support of Al Qaeda only brought it on themselves. The international community reacted accordingly. Regardless of who was in power in the UK during 2001 UK forces would have been committed to ops in Afghanistan. Remember that UK citizens were killed in the 9/11 attacks. The Taliban were gullible and naive in thinking that they could continue to host and shelter Al Q in the face of international condemnation. 9/11 was the last straw. If nothing was done in Afghanistan then Al Q would still be using it as a base to export their terrorism from. That is why the international community reacted to the atrocity of 9/11.

See participants of Coalition

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Enduring_Freedom_-_Afghanistan:_Allies

TJ
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: Whens Gordon Brown going? Whens Gordon Brown going? Empty2009-06-06, 07:34

Well yeah, that's the theory, but as most people acknowledge, the reality was more of a typical Bush-fed knee-jerk reaction, looking for somebody to retaliate on in response to 9/11. It's quite ludicrous to suppose that fighting terrorists in Afghanistan is going to solve anything. Clearly, terrorists can plan their activities anywhere, it's just a simple fact of life. I have no idea where this absurd idea has come from that Afghanistan is some sort of open country where some "terrorist factory" exists, and if only it could be destroyed, the world would be safe. It's ridiculous! Ultimately, 9/11 could have been planned in someone's bedroom - it might well have been for all anybody knows. There seems to be some bizarre notion that we're somehow going to sweep Afghanistan free of terrorists and then we will suddenly be safe. Problem is that we won't rid that country of terrorists no matter how long we stay there, and even if by some miracle we did, then they'd simply operate elsewhere. It's ridiculous and I suspect it's partly why other Nato countries don't get too seriously involved. It's only Brown who is crazy enough to put our troops in the most dangerous region, fighting a battle that will never be won. But as I said before, I'm sure that the driving motive behind Brown's eagerness to be there is more about maintaining some sort of perceived equivalence with America, and rather than having the guts to tell Obama to fight this battle on his own, he keeps our forces there and allows countless British servicemen to be killed, sure in the knowledge that the whole crusade will result in nothing, other than some outdated kinship with the US. Wonder if Brown would be quite so keen to press-on if he had his kids out there?
Back to top Go down
REDS

REDS

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Whens Gordon Brown going? Whens Gordon Brown going? Empty2009-06-06, 09:14

Oh dear, why put politics on FC even if it non-aviation chat I hate to argue on here.
oh well,
As a supporter of the PM I don't want Gordon to go,
I'm not going to debate on here however, I have been in enough arguments on the BBC Have your say and the Southend edition of the Echo, so i'm not going to go that way on here.
Clap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whens Gordon Brown going? Whens Gordon Brown going? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whens Gordon Brown going?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: FC Community :: Non-Aviation Chat -