New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Football transfers

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

Football transfers Vide
PostSubject: Football transfers Football transfers Empty2009-06-02, 11:26

Gareth Barry signs for Man City for £12 million allegedly. Good signing, but man City really need some class defenders, not more creative players!
rj79

rj79

Spotter Watch Member : No

Football transfers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Football transfers Football transfers Empty2009-06-03, 01:19

There'll be enough for two back fours going into Eastlands this season Dunk, hopefully all of the rejects will come down to Norwich for a year in League One!!
Back to top Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

Football transfers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Football transfers Football transfers Empty2009-06-03, 13:14

Blimey a Norwich fan - respect!

Bruce signs for Sunderland - good move for them, he's a talented manager
northernoutpost

Spotter Watch Member : no

Football transfers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Football transfers Football transfers Empty2009-06-03, 14:01

Hope your right - but his roots might make it hard for him to win alot of fans over. Just hope he can light a fire under Kenwyn Jones' a**e now!
Back to top Go down
rj79

rj79

Football transfers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Football transfers Football transfers Empty2009-06-04, 16:28

I remember when Steve Bruce started out as a manager he was a footballing mercenary, now he's turned himself in to a good manager, mainly by showing a bit of loyalty and doing things the right way. In fairness there are loads of candidates in the modern football management world but not many serious ones and I think Sunderland have got this one right. It'll be interesting to see who he brings in..... at least it won't be Pato or Kaka!
Back to top Go down
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

Football transfers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Football transfers Football transfers Empty2009-06-05, 02:08

He's not the only Big Canary fan here Thumbs Up, considering my roots originate in Suffolk. - Long story and won't bore you with the facts.

I just hope that Gunny does well. Darren Huckerby's parents live not to far from me, and apparently he might be returning back to Norwich. Mellow

My sister see's him all the time, and Jermaine Pennant is an old classmate of my sister as well, and she keeps asking him if Norwich have approached him. However she doesn't get a straight yes or no from him.

It would have been fantastic if Steve Bruce became Norwich's manager, but then again it would have been ideal if Martin O'Neil stayed longer.

However Norwich does have a habbit of getting rid of it's best assets very quickly.

I didn't go to one game at all last season. As I usually meet up with a few from the Midlands & Northern Canaries.

Football transfers Banner01
Kills: Football transfers Kills_logo
Ejections: Football transfers 2003_SV1000S
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
rj79

rj79

Football transfers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Football transfers Football transfers Empty2009-06-05, 05:00

The stories of Hucks returning will never stop, unfortunately NCFC fans seem to be obsessed with him and can't let the past go. He'll be 34 next year, is injury prone and will have lost a couple of yards of pace, which with his position is crucial, for gods sake they just need to keep hold of Hoolahan, his ball skills are second to none!

I'd have loved it if Martin O'Neill stayed longer, we all know he'd have gone eventually but we could have built a nice solid little base for when he did leave. I think Gunny is a poor appointment, he's been out of the game too long (Marketing and Sheriff of Norwich are two roles he's had in recent years!!), Aidy Boothroyd would have been my choice, I wish Gunny all the best though and hope he can prove me wrong!

I've got a season ticket there (significantly cheaper this coming season!!), so if circumstances allow Lee and you do travel to a game, drop me a PM and we can have a pint or two of the local ale before a game!

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
glasfryn

glasfryn

Spotter Watch Member : no

Football transfers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Football transfers Football transfers Empty2009-06-05, 05:18

Really gutted martinez will probably be revealed today as the new manager of Wigan.... Crying . Lets hope the swans get a good'un
Back to top Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

Football transfers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Football transfers Football transfers Empty2009-06-05, 05:31

He has certainly done a good job with Swansea, not convinced he's prem material though.

Micky Adam un'vale'd as Port Vale manager, he's another manager who's been around a few clubs and Reading also announcing Brendan Rodgers as their new man at the helm - another odd appoitment, he's only been at Watford for what half a season or so?
rj79

rj79

Football transfers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Football transfers Football transfers Empty2009-06-05, 05:58

Brendan Rodgers used to be the Academy Director at Reading, learnt his craft with Chelsea's reserve team when the chosen one was there and did a good job at Watford last season with next to no money in the kitty, possibly a one (or half season) wonder but he's certainly no worse than whats out there at the mo. I think the main reason he got the job is because he'll know the club from top to bottom.

As for Martinez, absolute quality, he's made Swansea a good side to watch and I'm really pleased it appears he's not going to Celtic, apologies to Scots on the forum but if you take Celtic and Rangers out the way you've got an awful league which would struggle to hold it's own against the Championship and Martinez is surely a lot better than that.
Back to top Go down
Beefsteak

Beefsteak

Football transfers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Football transfers Football transfers Empty2009-06-05, 06:24

Whilst on the subject of Footie and NCFC (There is only one and that's Notts County) What about the huge cash injection to the mighty Magpies eh Street hawk , (A bit closer to home for you eh matey.?)
Back to top Go down
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

Football transfers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Football transfers Football transfers Empty2009-06-05, 06:33

Yes, a bit of a turn up for the books. I had to check the calender to see if it was April 1st Whistle

I loved the interview last night on TV with the chairman. His nickname should be changed to Mr Substantial Amount.

You are aware the The Navigation has been done-up and it is now in my top 5 of places to eat and drink in Nottm.

They are going to have a micro brewery installed soon.

Football transfers Banner01
Kills: Football transfers Kills_logo
Ejections: Football transfers 2003_SV1000S
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

Football transfers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Football transfers Football transfers Empty2009-07-13, 12:45

Well after Ronnie leaving ManUtd for stupid amounts, seems Man City have captured Carlos Tevez - bloody great signing for them if its true.

They need a central defender big time though - Donkey Dunn is not a premiership player!
SteveS
SteveS

Football transfers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Football transfers Football transfers Empty2009-07-13, 12:49

Man City don't need defenders, they have 18 strikers, what could possibly go wrong!?

Football transfers Cooltext404948495Custom
Back to top Go down
http://www.runwayphotography.co.uk
Sponsored content

Football transfers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Football transfers Football transfers Empty

Back to top Go down

Football transfers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: FC Community :: Non-Aviation Chat -