New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is it still painted.............?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Unknown

Spotter Watch Member : No

Is it still painted.............? Vide
PostSubject: Is it still painted.............? Is it still painted.............? Empty2009-05-20, 12:15

Is that superb Hawk from 19 Sqn still painted like a Spitfire or has that been painted back into RAF black?

Just to say I love that paint scheme on this years Display Hawk, looking forward to seeing it in action at some point this year......
Back to top Go down
SteveS
SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Is it still painted.............? Is it still painted.............? Empty2009-05-20, 12:17

Back to black I'm afraid, has been so for a couple of months at least

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.runwayphotography.co.uk
Unknown

PostSubject: Cheers Is it still painted.............? Empty2009-05-20, 12:20

Cheers SteveS one of the highlights on a dull day at Leuchars last year, thankfully I saw it then.
Back to top Go down
SteveS
SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Is it still painted.............? Is it still painted.............? Empty2009-05-20, 12:29

I was lucky enough to catch it at Valley a few times. I will post a few pics in the Photo section shortly, and encourage others to add to the thread - let's get a gallery going in celebration.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Phill318

Phill318

PostSubject: Re: Is it still painted.............? Is it still painted.............? Empty2009-05-22, 04:44

Last year I heard that it was staying green/brown and going to the museum as cosford. Then earlier this year I heard that it had gone u/s, then a few days after that I was at Valley
and XX184 came past in 208 markings!
Back to top Go down
SteveS
SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Is it still painted.............? Is it still painted.............? Empty2009-05-22, 04:49

There was a rumour around that it was going to RAFM, but I think it has relativly low hours on it, compared to some of the others

Steve
Back to top Go down
Blackcat1

Blackcat1

PostSubject: Hawk Is it still painted.............? Empty2009-05-22, 09:52

Bugger i never even caught it at low level! Crying
Back to top Go down
teeonefixer

PostSubject: Re: Is it still painted.............? Is it still painted.............? Empty2009-05-22, 17:10

I don't think it was allowed at low level because it didn't have the standard black (high-vis ) colours ??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it still painted.............? Is it still painted.............? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it still painted.............?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Wales & South West & Home Counties :: RAF Valley / RAF Mona -