New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reds Practice Displays?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
tornado54

tornado54

Reds Practice Displays? Vide
PostSubject: Reds Practice Displays? Reds Practice Displays? Empty2009-05-19, 18:28

Hi all
Does anyone know if the reds will be doing any practice displays at Scampton, during a weekend this year. Last year as some of you will remember, they did 2 practice displays on Saturday 31st May. I know they usually practice in the week, but last year they did a Saturday aswell, although this was NOTAMed as weekend practices are not the norm. There is no NOTAM for this year (yet?) so just wandered if anyone knows anything.

James
Back to top Go down
XT872

XT872

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Reds Practice Displays? Reds Practice Displays? Empty2009-05-24, 08:37

Best to check the official reds site, as you know, they tend not to go for not too long a gap between official displays, & ISP's so look at the dates, if theres a big gap between listed displays, theres a pretty good chance an ISP will pop up in the middle somewhere Cheers

You could always e mail the team direct, through the official reds site, they are usually pretty good at giving you any info you ask for Big Grin

Might see you at crash gate 8, I've still got the black Honda motorcycle... Cheers
Back to top Go down
tornado54

tornado54

PostSubject: Re: Reds Practice Displays? Reds Practice Displays? Empty2009-05-24, 13:19

Andy???? Is that you?????

Good to hear from you again. Lost contact with you when the old FC closed down. I gathered you must have changed your username, and i had no idea what it was.

I have checked NOTAMs and they have got one now for some practice displays at Scampton. The sad news for me anyway, is that they are doing them on Fridays instead of a Saturday, so i cant get there as i cant get time off work. They are doing 2 practice displays next Friday morning and 1 the Friday after.

I have booked a day off work for the scampton families day though, (Monday 10th August). I will see you then

James
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reds Practice Displays? Reds Practice Displays? Empty2009-05-26, 07:33

Notams showing isp's (in season practice);

May 29th: 0840-0920 & 1115-1145

June 5th: 0840-0920

Thumbs Up

p.s. nice to see ya andy...
Back to top Go down
XT872

XT872

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Reds Practice Displays? Reds Practice Displays? Empty2009-05-26, 11:14

It was nice to see you guys again, but where did you dissapear too Unsure/Confused

Have you seen anything of the Reds number one fan at all Confused Confused Confused

He has been noticeable by his absence. Crying Laughing

I strongly suspect you may well see him friday, I would love to get there but have no transport at the mo... Sad

Anyway, have fun... Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reds Practice Displays? Reds Practice Displays? Empty2009-05-27, 03:12

oh bless...wheres the bike?.. maybe cadge a lift in laslo's tardis bag lol.. Crying

well not sure if we gonna get on friday either as gotta get dog to vets and vix is working tooo...

be nice to catch up tho chap..
Back to top Go down
reaper493

reaper493

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Reds Practice Displays? Reds Practice Displays? Empty2009-05-27, 03:33

When practising do the Reds use the runway as the display line or one of the taxy ways?

Thinking of going friday and wondered where the best place for shots is.

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reds Practice Displays? Reds Practice Displays? Empty2009-05-27, 07:00

it can vary but they do normally use the runway as crowd line and the control tower as crowd center.. various good view points..a lot depends on the light. parking in the viewing area and walking to crash gate 8 is as good as anywhere apart from the fence.

p.s.... probably stating the obvious but the timings are as notam'd i.e in zulu not local..(add 1 hour)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reds Practice Displays? Reds Practice Displays? Empty

Back to top Go down

Reds Practice Displays?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: East Midlands :: RAF Scampton -