New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

French visitors at Linton

View previous topic View next topic Go down
jamietumber

jamietumber

Spotter Watch Member : No

French visitors at Linton Vide
PostSubject: French visitors at Linton French visitors at Linton Empty2009-05-13, 05:21

Thanks to a tip off at Coningsby yesterday (Thanks Eric) I made a short trip to my local base this morning just in time to see 4 French Grob 120a's taxi out and depart. These all carry civil registrations as (I believe) they are operated by EADS for the French Air Force basic training centre at Cognac and were:

F-GUKB, F-GUKK, F-GUKH and F-GUKN

They left at 9am, headed south west and didn't return at the start of a very sunny and busy morning at Linton that saw 17 Tucano launches in less than 2 hours
Back to top Go down
HighlandSniper

HighlandSniper

PostSubject: Re: French visitors at Linton French visitors at Linton Empty2009-05-13, 05:28

I think I have seen these on approach to Lossie see my post here.
Back to top Go down
crofter33

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: French visitors at Linton French visitors at Linton Empty2009-05-13, 14:29

They passed back via Leeming at 1603. they wanted to flythrough at 1000ft but
radar room would not let them because of incoming 'fast jets'.
the 'fj's arrived 5 minutes after the grobs had passed.
Back to top Go down
hurri0000

PostSubject: French G120''s French visitors at Linton Empty2009-05-13, 15:42

Hi does anyone know if the 4 French Grob's are hangered on a night or left on the pan. Will have a run up if there out.
regards Mike
Back to top Go down
jamietumber

jamietumber

PostSubject: Re: French visitors at Linton French visitors at Linton Empty2009-05-14, 04:45

Don't know on that one. When they taxiied out they appeared from behind the hangars rather than being on the Tucano line or the visitors usual parking spot
Back to top Go down
dconnery1966

PostSubject: Re: French visitors at Linton French visitors at Linton Empty2009-05-14, 06:21

Jamie i was up at Leuchars yesterday, waiting on the rafales too come back from a mission,the 4 french Grobs made a fly past over St Anrdrews in pairs, think the time was about 4.30pm yesterday,dont know where they went after this? Unsure/Confused
Dougie strength and honour Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.egpk.com
jamietumber

jamietumber

PostSubject: Re: French visitors at Linton French visitors at Linton Empty2009-05-14, 08:11

Hi Dougie, heading south by any chance? I've heard that they have gone back into Linton - as did the Portugese Epsillons the other week, so seems to be a theme developing here. I've not been over there today as the weather isn't great here so can't confirm for sure...
Back to top Go down
dconnery1966

PostSubject: Re: French visitors at Linton French visitors at Linton Empty2009-05-14, 08:21

No probs Jamie, yeah the flew over St Andrews at a fair rate of knots yesterday good to see them though.
Dougie strength and honour Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.egpk.com
biglamp

PostSubject: Re: French visitors at Linton French visitors at Linton Empty2009-05-15, 02:49

Hi all,they left for the south this morning,passing DSA/EGCN at 0930-0940ish

routed via Waddington direct to WTZ

F-GUKB 'French air force 46550'
F-GUKK 46552'
F-GUKH 46551'
F-GUKN 46553'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: French visitors at Linton French visitors at Linton Empty

Back to top Go down

French visitors at Linton

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Yorkshire & North East :: RAF Linton-on-Ouse / RAF Church Fenton / RAF Topcliffe -