New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Woodford "Farewell" airshow

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Newey2448

Newey2448

Spotter Watch Member : No

Woodford "Farewell" airshow Vide
PostSubject: Woodford "Farewell" airshow Woodford "Farewell" airshow Empty2009-05-11, 08:45

Hello all,
I'm sure that some of you will have attended the airshow at Woodford aerodrome in the past and will know that it stopped in 2001. The Nimrod Mra4 project is underway there at the moment but the site is due to close in 2012 after its completion.
There has been a website set up to gauge interest for a "Farewell" airshow at Woodford. It's nothing special but does the job Wink www.woodfordfarewell.co.uk
For this to work there would have to be an immense amount of support but I think it would be good to have a decent send off for the birth place of the Lancaster and the Vulcan.

If you want to contact me with ideas or suggestions then please do t_newey@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers

Tom
Back to top Go down
Phill318

Phill318

PostSubject: Re: Woodford "Farewell" airshow Woodford "Farewell" airshow Empty2009-05-11, 09:07

You already know my position on this so I've voted yes
Back to top Go down
mbowde

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Bring back Woodford Airshow!! Woodford "Farewell" airshow Empty2009-05-11, 15:21

Deffo Thumbs Up

BUT without putting a dampner on it before it even starts .......

a) Who pays for the policing, fuel etc, etc. as I believe a lot of costs were absorbed by BAe.

b) Who organises it, as it used to be the RAFA (who went on to do Southport as their fund raiser) then the ones from the 1990's were headed by the then airfield manager who did a fantastic job.
Back to top Go down
Newey2448

Newey2448

PostSubject: Re: Woodford "Farewell" airshow Woodford "Farewell" airshow Empty2009-05-11, 15:46

hi,
I am more than aware of the points that you make. Hopefully i will be making some calls to get people on side and to help, there is no rush at the moment to find someone to organise it as we have 3 years to plan things!
At this stage we need support to present figures to BAe as I intend to have a meeting with somone there when we have got good numbers.

Thanks for the support
Tom
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Woodford "Farewell" airshow Woodford "Farewell" airshow Empty2009-09-22, 07:34

Good luck with it. I don't know how far you'll get though as the BAE people at Woodford seem pretty dis-interested in anything like this these days. I used to help with advice and info when they used to have the RAFA show but these days I think everyone has almost given-up on the idea of ever having another show. But you never know - if the enthusiasm is there anything is possible I guess.

Have you thought about approaching RIAT? They know a thing or two about staging one-off events. Might be worth seeking their advice at the very least.

Might also be worth contacting Harry Holmes at the Heritage office as he knows a lot about Woodford and the way they work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woodford "Farewell" airshow Woodford "Farewell" airshow Empty

Back to top Go down

Woodford "Farewell" airshow

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Airshows :: Airshows -