New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Auster Query

View previous topic View next topic Go down
PhilD

PhilD

Auster Query Vide
PostSubject: Auster Query Auster Query Empty2009-04-25, 13:44

I was passing by on my way home from Coningsby last thursday 23rd April and thought I would drop in here to have a look if there was any activity. Nothing of interest appeared to be outside. However, I noticed an open hangar door with a microlight parked outside. The hangar in question was not one of the main hangars but the small green hangar nearest the "new" viewing area (which was closed and all locked up). I noticed another aircraft just inside this hangar and on closer inspection with my scope this was an Auster in a military (silver with yellow training fuselage band) colour scheme. Unfortunately due to darkness inside the hangar and angle of the sun I was unable to make out a serial/registration.

Although Scampton is not one of my usual places to visit on a regular basis I dont think I have ever seen this hangar open before or anything parked outside it.

Does anyone know of the identity of this particular Auster ? According to "Demobbed" website G-ALFA/MS958 is/was based at Scampton but the photograph I have seen of this particular aircraft shows it to be in an all-over green colour scheme, i.e. entirely different to the one I saw (unless it has been repainted of course !!).

Thanks for any help.

PhilD
Back to top Go down
Focal_Plane

Auster Query Vide
PostSubject: Re: Auster Query Auster Query Empty2009-04-25, 14:08

Phil,

Should be this one

http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=60&pagetype=65&appid=1&mode=detailnosummary&fullregmark=ASYG

Regards

John
www.saf21.info
Back to top Go down
flyingwarden

flyingwarden

Spotter Watch Member : no

Auster Query Vide
PostSubject: Re: Auster Query Auster Query Empty2009-04-25, 16:49

She flew out of Scampton Friday early evening between 5:40 and 6pm as I was coming alond Burton Ridge to Tillbridge Lane, a good view and definately overall silver.
Back to top Go down
PhilD

PhilD

Auster Query Vide
PostSubject: Re: Auster Query Auster Query Empty2009-04-28, 04:53

Thanks John. Yes, that looks like the one I saw.

Regards.

PhilD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Auster Query Vide
PostSubject: Re: Auster Query Auster Query Empty

Back to top Go down

Auster Query

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: East Midlands :: RAF Scampton -