New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Import duty from USA

View previous topic View next topic Go down
das

das

Import duty from USA Vide
PostSubject: Import duty from USA Import duty from USA Empty2009-04-07, 12:07

Hi,

anyone know how to work this out please? Im after Don Logans book about KC135 history ($49.99), but im a bit miffed about just how much would get heaped on this price after post/packaging/VAT/import etc?

Ray
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Import duty from USA Import duty from USA Empty2009-04-07, 12:17

If you go back to the supplier's website it should give you the Tracking Number and Carrier,this will be Fedex,UPS or TNT normally,that will give you the amount of Import Duty payable to the Courier on your doorstep.They will not accept cash,cheques only.
Back to top Go down
Beefsteak

Beefsteak

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Import duty from USA Import duty from USA Empty2009-04-07, 12:38

I have no idea how it's worked out but I bought my !00-400mm IS lens from the states and didn't have to pay anything
Back to top Go down
Beefsteak

Beefsteak

PostSubject: Re: Import duty from USA Import duty from USA Empty2009-04-07, 12:44

I've found you a UK copy for less than £40 (No import duty)

http://www.worldwartwobooks.com/product.php/4290/the-boeing-c-135-series-stratotanker--stratolifter-and-other-variants
Back to top Go down
das

das

PostSubject: Re: Import duty from USA Import duty from USA Empty2009-04-07, 13:07

Beefsteak wrote:
I've found you a UK copy for less than £40 (No import duty)

[url=http://www.worldwartwobooks.com/product.php/4290/the-boeing-c-135-series-stratotanker--stratolifter-and-other-variants
http://www.worldwartwobooks.com/product.php/4290/the-boeing-c-135-series-stratotanker--stratolifter-and-other-variants[/quote[/url]]

I owe you a big drink sir! Just ordered it for £44.70 delivered. I cant thank you enough mate!

Ray Cheers
Back to top Go down
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

PostSubject: Re: Import duty from USA Import duty from USA Empty2009-04-07, 13:57

The Customs & Revenue have ceased charging import duty on some items, although this is another greyt area, and depends on what the sender has put on the green customs forms.

However in the USA it is now a legal requirement for a valid description to be placed on the said docket.

The C&R will slap Import duty on anything over £36. Then they will whack VAT on top of that, and even a bonded handling fee of £5 - £10. If the Royal Mail are delivering it, you be issued a card to say that you have to pay a handling fee. So therefore you have to hand over cash at the sorting office to collect your package.

FED-EX will send you a card to say that you have to ring a 0191 or if you are lucky and it is being held at EMA you get an 0945 number, however they ask for a Credit card payment only.

So you get ripped off for calling the numbers and if you haven't got a credit card you have shot it.

I've noticed that due to the high cost of the USPS more and more US ebay sellers are prefering Fed-Ex.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
alnewhaven

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Import duty from USA Import duty from USA Empty2009-04-27, 05:16

Street Hawk wrote:
The C&R will slap Import duty on anything over £36. Then they will whack VAT on top of that, and even a bonded handling fee of £5 - £10. If the Royal Mail are delivering it, you be issued a card to say that you have to pay a handling fee. So therefore you have to hand over cash at the sorting office to collect your package.

There should not be VAT on printed matter. I arranged a multiple order of Don's F-117 book to reduce postage costs from the US and only had to pay the shipping cost
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Import duty from USA Import duty from USA Empty

Back to top Go down

Import duty from USA

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Military Aviation Books :: Books -