New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

KC135 history?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
das

das

KC135 history? Vide
PostSubject: KC135 history? KC135 history? Empty2009-03-22, 13:33

Evening Gents,

would anyone know of a book that details the operational history of the KC135? Im interested in the history of each operating wing/squadron with dates, types, bases operated from etc? Any help appreciated

Ray
Back to top Go down
Roughcutter

Roughcutter

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

KC135 history? Vide
PostSubject: Re: KC135 history? KC135 history? Empty2009-03-23, 05:15

The only indepth study that comes to mind is an Aerofax publication called Boeing KC-135 Stratotanker by Robert S Hopkins III, but unfortunately this is now out of print and these days extremely hard to find. Try looking for it on Amazon or Abe books, however pricewise it's anyone's guess.
Alternatively there is a Schiffer publication on the subject (can't remember the title), which I think is still obtainable. Good luck! ;)

MarkL
Back to top Go down
sullis585

KC135 history? Vide
PostSubject: Re: KC135 history? KC135 history? Empty2009-03-23, 09:29

As Mark siad, the Robert S Hopkins "more than just a tanker" book is amazing. Gives details on the KC-135 aswell as the other C-135 models like the RC/EC/NC/VC etc... I owned the book a few years back before selling it! Big mistake! I have tried to find it but as Mark said, no-where has one available, and the only ones I have seen that have been sold fetched between £75-£130!
Back to top Go down
das

das

KC135 history? Vide
PostSubject: Re: KC135 history? KC135 history? Empty2009-03-28, 02:45

cheers Gents!

Ray
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

KC135 history? Vide
PostSubject: Re: KC135 history? KC135 history? Empty

Back to top Go down

KC135 history?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Military Aviation Books :: Books -