New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Question: Is Boscombe currently open?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
hertsman

Spotter Watch Member : No

Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Vide
PostSubject: Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Empty2009-03-20, 11:55

An earlier post advised that runway work was taking place until summer 2009. However, I have seen some recent photo postings from Boscombe, so presumably the repairs are not inhibiting operations at the moment? I used to visit a few times a year and was thinking of doing so again next Tuesday 24 March. Of course such visits have always been 'pot luck', but if the runway were to be closed, presumably I might see only rotary wing operations.

Can anyone shed some light for me please?

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
andym

PostSubject: Re: Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Empty2009-03-20, 12:31

Hi Hertsman,
As of my visit and pics from the 16th no work is currently on the main runway's. I did see a sweeper lorry but that is all. I did notice a lot of cones or hi viz barracades around the tower complex.when i was there it was very active with all types flying.
regds
AndyM
Back to top Go down
hertsman

PostSubject: Question: Is Boscombe currently open Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Empty2009-03-21, 09:39

Thanks for the update AndyM, much appreciated.

Hertsman
Back to top Go down
Bart

Spotter Watch Member : yes

PostSubject: Re: Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Empty2009-04-12, 14:21

Its open :) ;)
Back to top Go down
Robin Byfleet

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Empty2009-04-13, 03:23

Boscombe Down is open, but some days flying is reduce to work and around the runway.

Visitor numbers are down, due to the fact of the runway work.

Its a matter of pot luck, when you go.

However the helicopter's flying is okay, so you still may see the Mil 8's flying, which could make up for lack of fixed wing flying.
Back to top Go down
hertsman

PostSubject: Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Empty2009-04-13, 06:17

Thanks to all for the information. I'll risk a visit soon.

Hertsman
Back to top Go down
wayne

Spotter Watch Member : yes

PostSubject: Re: Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Empty2009-06-15, 11:57

Has all runway work now been completed ???????? Cheers.
Back to top Go down
batman3
Photo of the Month Winner
Photo of the Month Winner
batman3

Spotter Watch Member : No?

PostSubject: Re: Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Empty2009-06-15, 17:47

Laughing No. Looks like there is still alot to be done. But the airfield is very much open, they just fly a *little* higher over them before landing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photographer.php?p=1591
reptile 1

reptile 1

PostSubject: Re: Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Empty2009-06-28, 06:55

Might be of intrest.

Start date/time: 10/07/2009 15:30 UTC
End date/time: 13/07/2009 07:30 UTC

AD CLSD, DUE PHASE 2 RWY RESURFACING. NO ATC SERVICES AVBL.
Back to top Go down
colt99

PostSubject: Re: Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Empty2009-06-28, 07:44

Probably not going to stop flying of non UAS units Reptile, this is friday afternoon to saturday morning.
Dave
Back to top Go down
davem

davem

PostSubject: Re: Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Empty2009-07-25, 05:59

May have missed this in another place, but a quick update nevertheless.

I called in yesterday on my way out of Dorset and the main runway was most definitely closed for what looked like major resurfacing work.

Runway 17 / 35 was in use and while I was there before a rather large black cloud came a dumped the north sea on the place, 1x Alphajet, 2x Hawks (1x Black and 1x Ripple) launched along with a Lynx, and the 1-11 recovered onto 17.

HTH

Dave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.equinesinaction.co.uk
Gulfsierra 51

PostSubject: Re: Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Empty2009-08-15, 06:43

Popped by the other day,first time in a while.
Main runway is still closed.
Looks to me like its being widened?with areas taped off for new lights at the 23 end?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Question: Is Boscombe currently open? Empty

Back to top Go down

Question: Is Boscombe currently open?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Wales & South West & Home Counties :: MOD Boscombe Down -