New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Display practice

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Snafu

Snafu

Spotter Watch Member : No

Display practice - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Display practice Display practice - Page 2 Empty2009-03-14, 06:27

Noticed on SBS yesterday that Spitfire RD-F was up and about
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: Display practice Display practice - Page 2 Empty2009-03-15, 12:03

Spitfires on SBS ???
Whatever next !
Back to top Go down
tornado54

tornado54

PostSubject: Re: Display practice Display practice - Page 2 Empty2009-03-15, 15:01

Does anyone know the actual reason for tomorrows Red Arrows display?

James
Back to top Go down
reaper493

reaper493

PostSubject: Re: Display practice Display practice - Page 2 Empty2009-03-15, 15:39

James,

Believe tommorrows display is just practice for the team. They have been workin up the full 9 ship for a few months now, majority, if not all, have been performed overhead Scampton. Tommorrow wil be a practice over an 'alien' base. They are due to attend Valley and Linton later on this week also.

Mike
Back to top Go down
tornadopaul

tornadopaul

Location : skegness well near it or on the flight path for tthe euros haha
Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Display practice Display practice - Page 2 Empty2009-03-15, 16:44

wel it will be nice to watch the reds display what ever they do im going to the mound when i finish work at 10am i can't wait lol should be ace knowing the reds as i fly the rc reds arrows hawk and do the stuff they do but as a single jet hehe smoke on goooooooooooo
Back to top Go down
Aileron

Aileron

PostSubject: Re: Display practice Display practice - Page 2 Empty2009-03-15, 17:56

where abouts is the mound?
Back to top Go down
ryland

PostSubject: Re: Display practice Display practice - Page 2 Empty2009-03-15, 18:02

Point G on the Coningsby Viewing Guide in the sticky.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Aileron

Aileron

PostSubject: Re: Display practice Display practice - Page 2 Empty2009-03-15, 18:24

cheers thanks
Back to top Go down
TEEJ

PostSubject: Re: Display practice Display practice - Page 2 Empty2009-03-22, 13:01

Officially confirmed now

http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafconingsby/flyinginfo/

'Typhoon Display Practice 2009

Beginning on Monday 16 March 2009, the Typhoon Display aircraft will be practicing for the forthcoming display season. Typhoon flying practice may take place over the airfield on weekdays, (Monday to Friday) within the following time slots: 0800 - 0830hrs and 1300 - 1330hrs. These times have been chosen to minimize noise disturbance to the local schools during lesson and exam times.

Daily display flying practice will then be reduced from approximately the beginning of May 2009 when the Pilot will have completed his work up phase.'

TJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: typhoons Display practice - Page 2 Empty2009-03-26, 21:54

hi all,
just lately ive seen many typhoons (up to about 6 at a time) dog fighting over the humber area. i have been parked up near the bridge or sat at humberside airport and seen them leaving vapour all over the sky, just to the north. they were too hard to find with my cam on full zoom, so no pics or vids yet but ill catch them one day, if the wind stops. i did manage to get some good pics of the lanc with its engine casings off an the macs fixing it up for the season. that saved me getting slapped by my old mum, as she calls it her lanc, and now ive got a cam i have no excuse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Display practice Display practice - Page 2 Empty2009-03-29, 19:25

hi all,
apparently the bbmf L.S.H. are doing their display practice on wednesday at cons, does anyone know their slot time please?
Back to top Go down
60163tornado

PostSubject: DA2 Displays Display practice - Page 2 Empty2009-04-01, 02:07

Just to put the Coningsby Displays into context, In 2002 Keith Hartley was down to

be the Farnborough EFA Display Pilot but due to unforseen circumstances Craig

Penrice had to take over the reins. To enable him to be the Display Pilot he had to

have 10 hours of display experience, this worked out at 30X20 minutes slots over a

ten day period most of it on reheat, admittedly DA2 was not a production aircraft

and had may have had RB 199s instead of EJ 200s, but all the same the displays

for somebody like me as a layman were impressive. Halfway through the display

sequence, The German Test Pilot Chris Horning, came to show Craig how he

displayed the EFA that was very impressive, a couple of days later THe Chief

Italian Test Pilot did a display, which was out of this world and at the end he asked

if the tower wanted his low level 400 feet display, unfortunately this was declined.

after 10 days and 30 flights Craigs display routine improved enormously. I would

like to see the Coningsby Practices but I will just relive the Warton 2002

through my trusty DVDs almost 5 ours of displays including Keith Hartleys Final

flights in DA2 & DA4.
Back to top Go down
seeker33

PostSubject: Re: Display practice Display practice - Page 2 Empty2009-04-01, 15:50

Think I'm right in saying that both Keith Hartley and Craig Penrice were both ex-Lightning men. They were already elite before they started displaying the Typhoon! Massive respect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Display practice Display practice - Page 2 Empty2009-04-02, 19:01

hi again, it's only me.
well i managed to get to cons on wednesday and i parked up near the burger van in the car park.
the french alpha's were interesting. and the harrier hovering for so long it made my arms ache from holding my cam because my tripod was to stiff to move up and down even with wd40 on it. i got some reasonable shots of everything. i see the lanc still had its engine cases off.
It was a good day really.
hope the display phoon gets a bit lower or ill have to get a longer ladder.lol!
Back to top Go down
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Display practice Display practice - Page 2 Empty2009-04-03, 09:10

Don't use WD40. It is a Water Displacer Hence the WD.

And after 40 days exposure the liquid oxydises, hence the 40.

Get some Mr Sheene Furniture polish spray and spray it on the affected parts.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Display practice Display practice - Page 2 Empty2009-04-03, 13:31

cheers mate for the info,
i duck oiled it after, but still it wont free up.
it feels and sounds like two plastic sufaces rubbing, and it wont free off enough for smooth up-down action. i cant see how it all comes to bits so i can service and make good, Ill try the sheen stuff though, we all live and learn.
Back to top Go down
Litcham Lad

PostSubject: Display Practice Display practice - Page 2 Empty2009-04-06, 16:48

A mere observation to impart:

If you witness a Typhoon display practice similar to that performed at lunch-time today (Mon), you are in for a treat. This was akin to what can be expected at airshows. Unlike practice sessions over the previous couple of weeks (quite high-level), today's was the business ... full re-heat take-off, vertical climbs, high-energy manoevres, fast, low passes along runway, and all with a passenger and a belly-tank aboard; well worth the admission fee to crashgate 4

dg
Back to top Go down
Beefsteak

Beefsteak

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Display practice Display practice - Page 2 Empty2009-04-06, 17:26

Thanks for that info Litcham Lad
Hopefully he'll still be there Wednesday. I should be there for 8.00am.
Back to top Go down
Truly55

PostSubject: Re: Display practice Display practice - Page 2 Empty2009-04-07, 05:43

I was there yesterday (6 April) and the 13:00 slot was awesome. Go, 1,2,3, rotate, straight up Shocked. Noticed there was a guy in the back - reserve display pilot?

I should also add thanks to the guy in the white Hyundai who showed me how to use my camera as I was having problems Roll Eyes . I think the guy was from Grimsby.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Display practice Display practice - Page 2 Empty2009-04-07, 18:01

nice one,

ill give the steps a miss and get my hard hat on lol!

weather looks like cloud and sun from about 11am around boston, thats as close as i can get the weather.

see ya
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Display practice Display practice - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Display practice

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: East Midlands :: RAF Coningsby -