New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

scampton museum open weekend...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

scampton museum open weekend... Vide
PostSubject: scampton museum open weekend... scampton museum open weekend... Empty2009-03-04, 14:51

well worth a visit this weekend...especially as the new lightning cockpit and the hampden display are in the same hanger as the unusually stored visitor, (gr4 za 371)
contact merv for more details
http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/teamnews/index.cfm?storyid=B812DD5A-1143-EC82-2E42434F2AB032B0
Back to top Go down
KatieW

KatieW

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: scampton museum open weekend... scampton museum open weekend... Empty2009-03-08, 13:04

Just got back from a freezing cold and windy Scampton!* Had an excellent day out, the guys & gals dressed up in WW2 uniform and 40's gear were excellent, and I got told I could do photo recon!

I really enjoyed my day and will post my photos later when my hands have thawed!

*Actually, went home via McDonalds in Lincoln, and a drive past Waddington & Cranwell!
Back to top Go down
http://www.clawmarksphotography.co.uk
kevshore

kevshore

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: scampton museum open weekend... scampton museum open weekend... Empty2009-03-08, 14:10

KatieW wrote:
Just got back from a freezing cold and windy Scampton!* Had an excellent day out, the guys & gals dressed up in WW2 uniform and 40's gear were excellent, and I got told I could do photo recon!

I really enjoyed my day and will post my photos later when my hands have thawed!

*Actually, went home via McDonalds in Lincoln, and a drive past Waddington & Cranwell!

I went too Katie. It was good wasnt it! Where do we post piccies for this one? (no aircraft in them.)

Kev.
Back to top Go down
KatieW

KatieW

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: scampton museum open weekend... scampton museum open weekend... Empty2009-03-08, 14:54

kevshore wrote:
I went too Katie. It was good wasnt it! Where do we post piccies for this one? (no aircraft in them.) Kev.
Not sure Kev, I was going to post them in here. I suspect one of those nice, kind mods will point us in the right direction!

What group were you in, I was in the huge one that left at 1=ish, was there with my boyfriend and his brother.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clawmarksphotography.co.uk
croaky

Spotter Watch Member : yes

PostSubject: Re: scampton museum open weekend... scampton museum open weekend... Empty2009-03-08, 14:55

Yes it really was a good visit.Pity Guy Gibsons dog is going to be called nige in the new film :silent: :silent: :silent:
Back to top Go down
kevshore

kevshore

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: scampton museum open weekend... scampton museum open weekend... Empty2009-03-08, 15:21

I didnt get there until about 1.30pm. When the heavens opened! Oh and when the chill factor went below zero. Or so it seemed!

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: scampton museum open weekend... scampton museum open weekend... Empty

Back to top Go down

scampton museum open weekend...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: East Midlands :: RAF Scampton -