New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Images in signature

View previous topic View next topic Go down
ringo747

ringo747

Images in signature Vide
PostSubject: Images in signature Images in signature Empty2008-11-21, 07:31

Maybe its just me but I really am not a big fan of these.. if everyone has an image in their signature you have soooo much screen space wasted on a lengthy post - it just does nothing for improving the readability of the forums. I think signatures should be set to allow a few lines of text only. Images are what avatars are for. Anyone agree? When I'm on laptop screen I like everything to be as condensed as possible but needless scrolling due to large signatures is a bit annoying.

Just one more thing... the images in the forums subsections titles look terrible - I think everything would look more slick if it was purely a list of sections - images seem to interupt the flow here.

This maybe seems like a severe dose of nitpicking but with working in an environment where web usability and accessibility standards are very important I think it is worth a mention!
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

Spotter Watch Member : No

Images in signature Vide
PostSubject: Re: Images in signature Images in signature Empty2008-11-21, 08:05

An image helps to fill the huge gap under most posts,on large posts it does waste space.
Back to top Go down
ringo747

ringo747

Images in signature Vide
PostSubject: Re: Images in signature Images in signature Empty2008-11-21, 08:52

Yeah I just think that it breaks the distinguishing line between one post and the next and breaks the flow of readability. I guess nobody else will understand but sure!
Back to top Go down
pikey01
pikey01

Images in signature Vide
PostSubject: Re: Images in signature Images in signature Empty2008-11-21, 08:55

Ringo, I do agree with you about the forum subsection images and have raised the point with the other Mods.
Back to top Go down
dervish

Images in signature Vide
PostSubject: Re: Images in signature Images in signature Empty2009-01-20, 02:54

ringo747 wrote:
Maybe its just me but I really am not a big fan of these.. if everyone has an image in their signature you have soooo much screen space wasted on a lengthy post - it just does nothing for improving the readability of the forums. I think signatures should be set to allow a few lines of text only. Images are what avatars are for. Anyone agree? When I'm on laptop screen I like everything to be as condensed as possible but needless scrolling due to large signatures is a bit annoying.

Just one more thing... the images in the forums subsections titles look terrible - I think everything would look more slick if it was purely a list of sections - images seem to interupt the flow here.

This maybe seems like a severe dose of nitpicking but with working in an environment where web usability and accessibility standards are very important I think it is worth a mention!

You could always block the photos in your browser? That way you're happy and so are the people who like signatures longer than their posts? I also block avatars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Images in signature Vide
PostSubject: Re: Images in signature Images in signature Empty

Back to top Go down

Images in signature

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Fighter Control Information :: Technical -