New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley

View previous topic View next topic Go down
F104G

Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Vide
PostSubject: Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Empty2009-02-28, 14:36

As the news has been made public elsewhere and I am no longer breaking a confidence I can announce that the Reds are due to arrive at RAF Valley before 0900hrs Friday 20th March and are scheduled to display around 1100hrs. They may work from ASP 4 as opposed to VAS but the display line is Runway 01/19. 4 FTS flying will be temp suspended for the slot time of 45 mins.

please don't block the crash gates as some IDIOTS have done over the past two years as it gives us ALL a bad name, spotters car park will open at 0830hrs

fingers crossed for a reasonable day and highish cloud base

regards
Dick Thomas
Back to top Go down
SteveS
SteveS

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Empty2009-03-03, 12:05

Great! I'm holidaying on the island between 14th to the 21st, and intend to spend a LOT of time at Valley!

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.runwayphotography.co.uk
F104G

PostSubject: Re: Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Empty2009-03-09, 16:54

As far as diary is concerned the Reds are still due at Valley for 0900hrs Friday 20th and display at 1100hrs, but there is a NOTAM for the early afternoon, I am at a meeting on base tomorrow so should find out more. Could even be a grads day so watch this space
Back to top Go down
F104G

PostSubject: Re: Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Empty2009-03-11, 14:18

The Reds still due before 0900hrs but it will be after 1200hrs before they go up, they have been given a 1400hrs slot but they trying to change as it means it will be late when getting back home
Back to top Go down
F104G

PostSubject: Re: Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Empty2009-03-13, 10:12

Display slot is 1330 to 1430hrs as notam'd arrival is still the same but may change
Back to top Go down
Thainoodle

Thainoodle

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Empty2009-03-13, 14:21

Happy days, will be off shift by then ☀
Back to top Go down
reptile 1

reptile 1

PostSubject: Re: Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Empty2009-03-19, 15:39

Wont be going home l/l

FORMATION TRANSIT BY RED ARROWS ACFT ROUTING 5315N 000434W (RAF VALLEY, ANGLESEY) 1630 HR - 5300N 00358W (FFESTINIOG, GWYNEDD) 1635 HR - 5306N 00333W (LLYN BRENIG CONWY) 1638 HR - 5319N 00033W (RAF SCAMPTON - LINCS) 1657 HR. FORMATION PLANS TO TRANSIT AT 2000FT AGL. TIMINGS, HGT AND ROUTE ARE APRX AND MAY CHANGE DUE TO WX OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS. SEE SEPARATE NOTAM FOR RESTRICTED AREA (TEMPORARY) AT RAF VALLEY.
AUS 09-03-0311/AS1
Back to top Go down
pricey797

PostSubject: Re: Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Empty2009-03-22, 06:15

nice to see the reds at valley but they didnt do very well if it was a show they would have been black flagged and land please
Back to top Go down
Hillwalker

PostSubject: Re: Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Empty2009-03-22, 07:15

pricey797 wrote:
nice to see the reds at valley but they didnt do very well if it was a show they would have been black flagged and land please
Curious - What was wrong with the show?
Back to top Go down
Rory

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Empty2009-03-22, 11:37

pricey797 wrote:

I must admit I did spot and photograph a few errors.
Flying out of formation, Flying wide, no or little smoke from the tail etc

Black flag though....What did you see?
Back to top Go down
pricey797

PostSubject: Re: Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Empty2009-03-22, 15:26

well i heard from a lad that they broke the crowd line3 times
Back to top Go down
teeonefixer

PostSubject: Re: Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Empty2009-03-22, 18:13

Hey !
before you are so quick to be critical, remember they only did their first 9-ship a short while ago, and are off to sunnier climes in a week or so to hone their display into that which makes them so brilliant !!
(I missed them at Valley but saw them earlier in the week and it was noticeable they were a hit "ragged")
Back to top Go down
F104G

PostSubject: Re: Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Empty2009-03-22, 18:18

I was told that as there was no actual crowd line marked and that they were to use the centre line of runway 19/01; but have to agree with Pricey they seemed to get very close if not over it on one or two occasions. I have to say that I was peering through a lens most of the time but some shots seem a lot closer than normal.

The crowd centre point was just to my right by the weather station and if that is correct the timing was slightly out on one or two opposition passes as well and the guy performing the goose had to re adjust at least twice to get into position, in his defence the smoke was just hanging there and seemed to obscure the approaching formation.

They still have plenty of time left and I am sure they will get it right before the seasons starts

One other comment heard from aircrew was that the unseasonal heat at Valley may have caused them some problems, well can't see that happening again can you lol!

I have been lucky enough to see nearly every display team there is and I have to say the Reds still get the thumbs up when you take into account the age of the airframe and the fact they will be with us until 2018 at least
Back to top Go down
jonsworld

Spotter Watch Member : yes

PostSubject: Re: Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Empty2009-03-23, 02:47

yep dont slate em, there here and around to learn and practice!
im a hgv driver and struggle sumtimes... id rather struggle reversing a truck than worrying bout diamond nine hehehe!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hillwalker

PostSubject: Re: Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Empty2009-03-23, 03:06

It's worth mentioning, because of a very bad run of weather over Winter at Scampton they are way behind their normal schedule. As teeonefixer said: "they only did their first 9-ship a short while ago" [last Monday, March 16th], when normally their first practice as a complete team would have been between Jan to early Feb - Cut them some slack! I'm sure when they return from Cyprus they'll be no complaints; they'll be their usual, brilliant self!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley Empty

Back to top Go down

Full Red Arrows Practice display at Valley

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Wales & South West & Home Counties :: RAF Valley / RAF Mona -