New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wattisham Apaches at Woodbridge

View previous topic View next topic Go down
TankBuster

TankBuster

Spotter Watch Member : No

Wattisham Apaches at Woodbridge Vide
PostSubject: Wattisham Apaches at Woodbridge Wattisham Apaches at Woodbridge Empty2009-02-19, 11:51

I had a walk around the perimiter of good old Woodbridge today & observed a couple of Wattisham Apaches buzzing over the airfield & surrounding area for most of the day.

One thing I did notice was that the bushes either side of the main runway have now grown to over 6ft in height in places. The main runway itself is clear, but these bushes are growing through the concrete on either side which was laid down in world war II to make the runway wider. Only a couple of years ago Hercules still dropped in for the Army, but I dont think any fixed wing aircraft could land there now unless the bushes are cleared away.

Nice to see an old haunt again though!

TankBuster
Back to top Go down

Wattisham Apaches at Woodbridge

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: East Anglia & South East :: MOD Wattisham -