New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vulcan607

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Unknown

Spotter Watch Member : No

Vulcan607 Vide
PostSubject: Vulcan607 Vulcan607 Empty2009-02-04, 15:30

You'd never guess I've been at it since last June - Vulcan607 - and I've only just finished it today, good gripping enthralling read, don't know why it's taken me so long but I must say I've really enjoyed it must admit slightly long in getting to the point of it but top marks anyway. Now about to start a James Bond Short Story Book - More fun and thrills to read.
Back to top Go down
clawmarks

clawmarks

Vulcan607 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Vulcan607 Vulcan607 Empty2009-03-01, 11:51

I read this book last year and I couldn't put it down well worth nicking the book off my brother. :twisted:
Back to top Go down
GOOSE
GOOSE

Vulcan607 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Vulcan607 Vulcan607 Empty2009-03-01, 12:08

I'm on my second copy of it. First ended up destroyed on holiday. The sun dried out the glue on the spine and all the pages ended up in the pool. I right good read. ;)
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion
Tonks

Vulcan607 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Vulcan607 Vulcan607 Empty2009-03-04, 13:47

Great book, and met a few of the chaps involved over the years....

Read it!!

Tonks 8)
Back to top Go down
Unknown

Vulcan607 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Vulcan607 Vulcan607 Empty2009-03-07, 13:10

Another reason I'm finding this book particularly good is the amount of OTHER information after the end of the story, eg The VTTS ad, as well as the Websites and other links to mag references, top marks for that as well.
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

Vulcan607 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Vulcan607 Vulcan607 Empty2009-03-15, 13:07

I've been in hospital for 4 days and have read it all,what a fantastic book.
I'm back to have the other bit done in a few week's time and I'll take it back and read it again.
Imagine a Vulcan taking-off at WELL over it's "maximum take-off weight" at 103% of the engine power,what a lovely noise that would be !!!
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

Spotter Watch Member : no

Vulcan607 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Vulcan607 Vulcan607 Empty2009-03-15, 13:35

It's a good book but it would have been nice if the author had acknowledged where he "borrowed" some of the material from grr... ;)

The Vulcans that had their engines re-jigged back up to 100% power did certainly sound impressive. The "103%" is a bit misleading - it was just that the 300-series aircraft had their engines permanently de-rated until the Black Buck missions. When they returned to Waddintgon they did certainly impress - not any more noise as such but a distinct crackling noise at full power. Great stuff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vulcan607 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Vulcan607 Vulcan607 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vulcan607

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Military Aviation Books :: Books -