New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

APACHE

View previous topic View next topic Go down
60163tornado

Spotter Watch Member : no

APACHE Vide
PostSubject: APACHE APACHE Empty2009-01-27, 13:21

APACHE By ED MACY.

After reading 16 Air Assault Brigade Britains Rapid Reaction Force by Tim Ripley as night follows day

APACHE should logically be next book to read.

Ed"s Apache Squadron was dispatched to Afghanistan notorious Helmand Province their mission to fight

alongside and protect the men on the ground by any means necessary and when a marine goes missing

Ed and his team are the only ones the Army have of bringing him back alive.

With a soldier strapped to each side of two gunships they must land in a Taliban stronghold and come face to

face with huge numbers of the enemy. What follows is an amazing escape but you have to read the book to

find out this true story which will go down in the annals of British Army History.

Ed Macy APACHE 2008 Published by Harper Collins 77-85 Fulham Palace Road Hammersmith London.

Authors blog www.fifthestate.co.uk Priced at £18.99p. EDit It pays to look at the blog.

Last edited by 60163tornado on 2009-06-29, 15:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mickey stix

mickey stix

Spotter Watch Member : yes

APACHE Vide
PostSubject: Re: APACHE APACHE Empty2009-02-03, 12:02

Reading this superb book at the moment :affraid: Aquired it in hardback at Tesco for under a tenner lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
RedKite

APACHE Vide
PostSubject: Re: APACHE APACHE Empty2009-02-05, 14:37

Does anyone know how this one compares to Apache Dawn: Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned?
Back to top Go down
60163tornado

Spotter Watch Member : no

APACHE Vide
PostSubject: Re: APACHE APACHE Empty2009-02-12, 02:19

RedKite wrote:
Does anyone know how this one compares to Apache Dawn: Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned?
Perhaps if you could give us a
brief resume we could compare the merits of both book.
Back to top Go down
shrivaldo

shrivaldo

Spotter Watch Member : No

APACHE Vide
PostSubject: Apache (Ed Macey) v's Apache Dawn (Damein Lewis) APACHE Empty2009-02-17, 13:37

I own both books and in my opinion Apache (Ed Macey) is a much better read, it's very well written giving a good insight into AAC operational life, it had me laughing out loud in places but in most parts the action is gripping. I literally couldnt put it down and i read it within a 3 or 4 days. Great book, much better than Apache dawn.
Back to top Go down
jones243

jones243

APACHE Vide
PostSubject: apache APACHE Empty2009-02-26, 10:34

Just read it,only disapointment was that I read it so quick because I couldnt put it down.Very Good read.10/10

Mark :drunken:
Back to top Go down
paulh

paulh

APACHE Vide
PostSubject: Re: APACHE APACHE Empty2009-03-07, 13:15

Picked up a hardback copy of this today at 'The Works' £4.99 - Bargain :) .
Bought it from the branch at York - other branches will probably stock it as well.

Cheers Paul.
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Chris

Sgt_Chris

APACHE Vide
PostSubject: Re: APACHE APACHE Empty2009-06-29, 15:16

Must say I think I preferred Apache Dawn to APACHE. Both however, are excellently written, are very gripping....

I read both quite a while ago now and am actually beginning Apache Dawn again because I enjoyed it so much....Finding it very hard to put down!
Back to top Go down
gary1701

APACHE Vide
PostSubject: Re: APACHE APACHE Empty2009-06-29, 16:24

All,

I read them both within a few days of each other just after they were published last year. I'd recommend both, although Ed Macy's book would just get the nod ahead of the other for greater detail and slightly better writing. What I found a little suprising was that although both books cover the Jugroom Fort mission, you could be forgiven for thinking they're detailing different events. Ed Macy has a second ('Hellfire') due for release later this year - it appears to cover the earlier deployment of 656 Sqn prior to the events covered in 'Apache'.

Gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

APACHE Vide
PostSubject: Re: APACHE APACHE Empty

Back to top Go down

APACHE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Military Aviation Books :: Books -