New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Class???

View previous topic View next topic Go down
gonk

gonk

Spotter Watch Member : yes

Class??? Vide
PostSubject: Class??? Class??? Empty2009-01-26, 07:06

Just heard ATC tell slam of there diversions,but the resons for putting them so far apart baffles me, ATC said C class to lynham, E class to valley, why not put both C and D mks together on one diversionary base
Back to top Go down
Hunter_F6

Spotter Watch Member : No

Class??? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Class??? Class??? Empty2009-01-26, 07:31

there can be various reason's for differing divert options not just based on whether they are a 'C' or an 'E'. Armed or non armed can have differing diverts. Pilot competency is another I understand, usually when weather is the problem. If they have the qualifications they can land in worse weather than one's with lesser qualifications.
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/milscanners/
gonk

gonk

Spotter Watch Member : yes

Class??? Vide
PostSubject: diversion Class??? Empty2009-01-26, 11:57

but why valley, its got one of the most inhospitable weather systems, all airfields have safe headings so armed or not isn't a problem i would have thought putting both on the deck at the same airfield would be more practical and only going to the secondary field if some one blocks the runway.If it is a problem with pilots not being orientated to the UK or they are junior pilots then why not put them in at an airfield near home, there are plenty on the east coast
Back to top Go down
Hunter_F6

Spotter Watch Member : No

Class??? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Class??? Class??? Empty2009-01-26, 12:00

have heard Eagle pilots before when wx at the heath as been marginal, some have got in, others have diverted to Leeming and Spangdahlem. Theres been plenty of odd choices in the past like this.
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/milscanners/
SCARECROW

SCARECROW

Spotter Watch Member : NO NEED

Class??? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Class??? Class??? Empty2009-01-26, 15:14

As Valley is as far away from LN as you can get,part from Scottish bases, weather div bases are further away from your home base so the same possible bad weather will not affect your diversion. RAF bases can only accept a certain amount of aircraft at any one time. Shawbury stands by for Cosford and Valley(normally) but can only let 4 a/c per 1/4 hour land. So 16 aircraft can divert in a hour. This is due to ATC manning, parking and servicing and refueling, but in practice many more could divert in an emergency but there will be delays in parking them.

Sorry its a bit long winded, any more questions I'll do my best to answer them

PS Sometimes our USA 'cousins' are a law unto themselves sometimes. Tired Tired
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Class??? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Class??? Class??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Class???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Military Airband :: Aviation Resource and Jargon Centre (ARJC) -