New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scampton safe.......er......

View previous topic View next topic Go down
swampy

Scampton safe.......er...... Vide
PostSubject: Scampton safe.......er...... Scampton safe.......er...... Empty2009-01-19, 04:58

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/news Third article down.

Hope you can open this.... never tried it before Opps

"Safe" for now. Sounds like it's too expensive to close it.
Back to top Go down
lowlevel

lowlevel

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Scampton safe Scampton safe.......er...... Empty2009-01-19, 11:07

When the Red Arrows finally leave Scampton,my personal hope is that it becomes a front line fighter base,as it has a long runway and plenty of space,as quoted the RAF are NOT LEAVING Scampton,then i wonder what the plan is with the airfield..hope the goverment don't become cunning and turn the whole place into a prison,like they tried with my local (ex-RAF Finningley),huge protest put an end to that idea!!,another idea i've got stuck in my head is,if Scotland become fully goverment independent from the UK,could the military get thrown out of Scotland and move South,something tells me thats what they want Scamptom to be left open for (could get Lossie and Leuchars all into Scampton??),anyway it's a case of waiting and seeing.
Back to top Go down
vulcanone

vulcanone

Spotter Watch Member : Not yet

PostSubject: Re: Scampton safe.......er...... Scampton safe.......er...... Empty2009-01-19, 14:12

The only operator that is going to use Scampton apart from the Reds who will use the airspace above it, is HHA and I doubt that will change. Don't forget most of the ex RAF living accomadation was flogged off about 6 years ago.....But then again you might be lucky, personally I doubt it will ever be as active as when i was a lad, with 4 Vulcan Sqns.

Tim
Back to top Go down
lowlevel

lowlevel

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Scampton safe Scampton safe.......er...... Empty2009-01-20, 08:32

Oh well it was just a thought.
Back to top Go down
AirC2

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Scampton safe.......er...... Scampton safe.......er...... Empty2009-03-17, 17:41

I just don't understand what will happen to Scampton. There have been reports and rumours over the years, but I cannot see why it would stay open if the Reds and the CRC is moved to Waddington and Conningsby respectively. Also, why would you want the reds continuing to use the base for practice as this would then require an active runway requiring Tower and Fire support; you might as well keep them based there anyway!

I'm sure someone knows what's happening somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scampton safe.......er...... Scampton safe.......er...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Scampton safe.......er......

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: East Midlands :: RAF Scampton -