New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sea King up from Wattisham Today

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Sluff

Sea King up from Wattisham Today Vide
PostSubject: Sea King up from Wattisham Today Sea King up from Wattisham Today Empty2009-01-18, 10:50

I know that sightings of the Wattisham Sea Kings are normally put up by members in the East Anglian region. In case anyone saw the one today at circa 11:50hrs, can confirm this was ZH541. Mark one eyeballed as it flew over the house.
Back to top Go down
bp2324

bp2324

PostSubject: Re: Sea King up from Wattisham Today Sea King up from Wattisham Today Empty2009-01-18, 13:28

Not sure if same one, but Sea King over me at about 12-12.30ish. Im South East Essex - Junction of M11 and M25.

See the Sea Kng about once a month(at the weekend) handrailing the M25 east to west (fairly low) and a couple of hours later it returns. Alway assumed from Wattisham.
Does anyone know if these are emergancy flights are some king of training / routine flight? Not been able to pick up on scanner yet so unsure of callsign or destination.
Love to know if anyone picks this traffic up over Epping way and what frequency.

I ask as always the same direction of travel and always early afternoon.
Back to top Go down
gary1701

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Sea King up from Wattisham Today Sea King up from Wattisham Today Empty2009-01-18, 16:17

Hi,

The current birds on 'B' Flight, 22 Sqn's strength are ZH541/V and ZH543/X so it was one from here that you guys saw. I don't know what frequencies they would work out that way, as I only monitor the local airfield ones and on a sunday they would normally be 'blind' calls unless Wattisham ATC was in for some other special reason. One of the aircraft virtually always goes out on a training sortie late on a sunday morning - unless a 'real' job comes up it's almost a dead cert, so I reckon that's what is being seen. The callsigns are 'Sierra' or 'Sierra Romero Golf' 125 and 126 if on a training sortie, or 'Rescue' 125 and 126 when on a live job. Hope that's at least some help.

Gary
Back to top Go down
Sluff

PostSubject: Re: Sea King up from Wattisham Today Sea King up from Wattisham Today Empty2009-01-18, 17:32

BP,

Try frequencies FM 156.00, Coastguard SAR Ops and Thames Radar 132.7 in the scanner, as when the Sea Kings go out they normally call up the Coastguard to let them know where they're off to and what they're doing, plus once in the London area they go on to 132.7 for the Thames Corridor,
Back to top Go down
bp2324

bp2324

PostSubject: Re: Sea King up from Wattisham Today Sea King up from Wattisham Today Empty2009-01-19, 05:34

Cheers guys.

Callsigns usefull, and had Thames Radar tuned in once I had see it go out. Waited for it to come back . Also has Stappleford 122.8 on, as they may call as they go over the top. However busy little field on the weekends, so may have missed call if using Sierra or 'SRG'
Brian
Back to top Go down
colt99

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Sea King up from Wattisham Today Sea King up from Wattisham Today Empty2009-01-20, 03:50

If your near the M25/M11 junction it might be worth listening to North Weald 123.525 or essex radar on 120.625.
HTH
Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sea King up from Wattisham Today Sea King up from Wattisham Today Empty

Back to top Go down

Sea King up from Wattisham Today

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: East Anglia & South East :: MOD Wattisham -