New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Home made UHF antenna - cheap/effective - Bicones

View previous topic View next topic Go down
burgemusic

burgemusic

Spotter Watch Member : 83

Home made UHF antenna - cheap/effective - Bicones Vide
PostSubject: Home made UHF antenna - cheap/effective - Bicones Home made UHF antenna - cheap/effective - Bicones Empty2008-12-27, 13:20

All,
Off all the antennae Ive tried over the years (since '84 when the AOR2001 hit the scene!) to use on UHF airband, I think the biconical design (ie broadbanded vertical dipole) is the best performing, and that includes several manufactured antenna types which have proved a little disappointing.

I made some and really recommend them (if you are up for a bit of soldering and messing with bits of wire).

I had these pictures on the old site and one or two chaps tried making similar to good effect.

The inner conductor of the coax solders to the upper "cone" and the outer conductor to the lower "cone"

(The 2 cones must not touch. The supporting structure should be wood, or other non-conductive material)

Best regards
Alan

Home made UHF antenna - cheap/effective - Bicones Uhfdipole
Home made UHF antenna - cheap/effective - Bicones Vuhfdipole
Back to top Go down

Home made UHF antenna - cheap/effective - Bicones

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Military Airband :: Scanners -