New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New to this.

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Rapidk

Spotter Watch Member : Spotter

New to this. Vide
PostSubject: New to this. New to this. Empty2009-09-28, 16:44

Hello all, my name is neil and i'm 21 and from bolton. when I was a young lad i used to love going to airshows with my dad and uncle who were also big into it my uncle and a few friends made a cd rom i vaguely remember called lowdown maybe some of you will know of it as most of the footage was at raf valley i think? Due to my dad getting ill we haven't had chance to go to shows but now i drive i had to go to southport this weekend after being told all my life about the vulcan. I saw it, it was amazing and brought back the whole hairs standing on end thing back like when i was i kid!!! So now i'm looking at getting into it myself. I was just wondering if there is anything happening at valley next week and where abouts and when to go? Any help much appreciated. Cheers Neil.
Back to top Go down
SteveS
SteveS

Spotter Watch Member : No

New to this. Vide
PostSubject: Re: New to this. New to this. Empty2009-09-28, 17:00

Hi Neil,

Welcome aboard.

Valley is usually a pretty active base, but don't expect masses of variety - a lot of T1 Hawks, plus you might get to see some of the new T2s. I don't know if you're into the photography site, but Valley is a very photogenic base.

Flying starts at 0830 to 0900 and generally finishes around 1700, but it always going to be pot luck how busy it is - there's no real way to know in advance what visitors are due in and out.

Regards where to go, here are links to two viewing guides, the first one is mine, the second is linked to off FC.

Clicky 1

Clicky 2

Hope that helps!

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.runwayphotography.co.uk
Rapidk

Spotter Watch Member : Spotter

New to this. Vide
PostSubject: Re: New to this. New to this. Empty2009-09-29, 02:52

Great! Cheers for the info, so i could go basically any weekday from 08.30 to 17.00ish and almost guarenteed to see at least a hawk?
Back to top Go down
SteveS
SteveS

New to this. Vide
PostSubject: Re: New to this. New to this. Empty2009-09-29, 03:49

Yes, to be honest you should be guaranteed a lot more than one Hawk. Unless they are on a stand-down day, info of the is sometimes posted on here, if not you can ask the question and someone will be bound to know. If the wind is very strong, again you may get no flying, but by strong I mean over 30 knots really.

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.runwayphotography.co.uk
teeonefixer

New to this. Vide
PostSubject: Re: New to this. New to this. Empty2009-09-29, 16:21

Don't forget to have a look in the Valley Aviation Society cabin in the main "spotters" car park. Tom and the chaps will give you an idea if anything special is happening, plus flog you a sticker ot 2 !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to this. Vide
PostSubject: Re: New to this. New to this. Empty

Back to top Go down

New to this.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Wales & South West & Home Counties :: RAF Valley / RAF Mona -