New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fave A/C display this year?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Truly55

Fave A/C display this year? Vide
PostSubject: Fave A/C display this year? Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-09-28, 06:07

As the display season is almost over what was your defining fave display bird? For me, it was possibly the Spartan at RIAT. Almost impossible to believe flying like slicing across the sky on a knife-edge. Crazy and exciting.
Back to top Go down
Trembler111

Trembler111

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Fave A/C display this year? Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-09-28, 06:54

For me the best display this year has to have been Sheik in the F16! Awsome display!!
The C27 and NZAF 757 are also up there to for the sheer majestic displays they put on at RIAT!
Clap
Jamie
Back to top Go down
keiron lammond

Spotter Watch Member : Nope

PostSubject: Re: Fave A/C display this year? Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-09-28, 07:01

As I only managed to get to Waddington this year, I'll say the red arrows. They never fail to impress me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.klammond.f2s.com/
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Fave A/C display this year? Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-09-28, 07:12

French Rafale Display Team rehearsal (display day was weathered off but he did try and still made a magnificent display even with 500-800ft low cloud) but the rehearsal proved to me that the Rafale is simply one of, if not the most agile jet in Europe.
Couldn't believe also how quickly it slowed down to approach speed from full reheated fast display and dropped in a controlled manner into the finals.

Absolutely stunning agility and of course, an awesome looking plane at that.
Back to top Go down
HighlandSniper

HighlandSniper

PostSubject: Re: Fave A/C display this year? Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-09-28, 07:13

RAF Solo Typhoon - simply superb.
Back to top Go down
Gulfsierra 51

PostSubject: Re: Fave A/C display this year? Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-09-28, 07:20

HighlandSniper wrote:
RAF Solo Typhoon - simply superb.

I'd second that along with the 757 at RIAT.
Back to top Go down
urkles

urkles

Spotter Watch Member : yes

PostSubject: Re: Fave A/C display this year? Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-09-28, 07:48

Just loved the Rafales arriving at Yeovilton but event has to be the Tiger meet. brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Fave A/C display this year? Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-09-28, 07:55

Vulcan(Leuchars)
Italian AF/ RAF Eurofighter Typhoon(Paris And Leuchars respectively)
Red Arrows(Departing Edinburgh for Perth and Leuchars)
French AF Rafale(Paris Airshow)
US Navy F/A-18F Super Hornet(Paris Airshow)
Czech Saab Gripen(Leuchars)
Belgian AF F-16A Fighting Falcon(Leuchars)

Amongst others..........
Back to top Go down
Dazza

Dazza

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Fave A/C display this year? Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-09-28, 08:22

Has to be the Vulcan for me
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: Fave A/C display this year? Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-09-28, 08:30

Same here, didn't go to any shows this year but the Vulcan display on Waddington's arrivals day was definitely the most joyous sight of the year. I was happy enough just seeing the ol' bird come motoring-in after having not seen 558 for so long. Think it was about 14 years since I was stood in the same spot watching one of the "last" landings. Never really thought she'd be back again so many years later. Not a dry eye in the house!
Back to top Go down
Beefsteak

Beefsteak

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Fave A/C display this year? Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-09-28, 08:35

I enjoyed my first view ,ever, of the Seahawk yesterday at Southport.
The Vulcan of course, Typhoon ,and that Spanish nutter in his Hornet on Riat Saturday have to be other highlights of the season.
Back to top Go down
SteveS
SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Fave A/C display this year? Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-09-28, 08:38

I think the Red Arrows display has been excellent this season, but I'm also fond of the Sabre display we've been lucky enough to have this year
Back to top Go down
http://www.runwayphotography.co.uk
Blackcat1

Blackcat1

PostSubject: Displays Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-09-28, 09:28

My fav displays were

FAF Rafale
Belgian F16
Dutch F16
Helo Demo at Yeovilton was good too.

So glad i saw the Vulcan arrive at Yeovilton, arrival day rocked!! Fave A/C display this year? 711487
Back to top Go down
vulcan558
vulcan558

PostSubject: eymouth se Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-09-28, 10:17

Vulcan display for me, allways seems to be a little something different about each display i have seen, not just the location but the way she was flown.

Reds Arrows allways impress me.
Back to top Go down
ramjet

ramjet

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Fave A/C display this year? Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-09-28, 11:01

RAF Typhoon for me, the Hungarian Gripen "Dump and Burn" at RIAT and the BBMF Spitfire and Hurricane at North Weald earlier on this month - awesome  Fave A/C display this year? Com-4
Back to top Go down
http://www.milairpix.com
razor23uk

PostSubject: Re: Fave A/C display this year? Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-09-28, 11:31

Rafale (pair) on arival at Yeovilton. They were given permission for "a few familierisation circuits" and managed what looked like a scene from a Topgun re-make!! Tight turns and rolls in such a close formation...absolutely stunning! My dearly beloved was left setting up the caravan on her own as stared skywards drooling.
Then as has been mentioned,a stunning display practice by an absolutely stunning aircraft.
Without wishing to start a riot(or riat!),a better display than the Typhoon imo Fave A/C display this year? 924196
Back to top Go down
Blackcat1

Blackcat1

PostSubject: Rafale Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-09-28, 12:03

Yep the Rafales were ace when they arrived at Yeovilton, they put on a good show.
Back to top Go down
sjnovis

PostSubject: Re: Fave A/C display this year? Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-09-29, 03:35

The Vulcan display at Lynehams family day was my favourite.

We were on the perimeter road at the 36 end.

The first run was high speed, straight down the runway and over our heads - wonderfull.
Back to top Go down
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Fave A/C display this year? Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-10-01, 04:29

Special mention - sorry if I forgot to include this in my previous post but the Red Arrows in Formation with the Eurofighter Typhoon at Leuchars was worthy of a special mention shame they didn't include the Vulcan in that flypast - there's always next year........
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Fave A/C display this year? Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-10-01, 04:36

The Rafales knocked socks of the Typhoon in my opinion... for a purely exciting dynamic display of the aircrafts agility...
They were simply no holds barred in the display practice...

The Vulcan.... have yet to see it do a display like they used to in the 80's until then, i will be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
sschofield

sschofield

PostSubject: Re: Fave A/C display this year? Fave A/C display this year? Empty2009-10-01, 04:50

For sheer noise and power, either the Typhoon or Rafales this year. For the pure majesty of it, the Vulcan. For simple, show-stopping, just-stand-there-and-watch-it, always the BBMF trio flying past together.

I took my 5-year old son to Kemble last week, and as the Lanc', Spit and Hurricane made their last pass and climbed away he said to me "those aeroplanes are all very special aren't they Daddy?", to which I replied "You should feel proud to be watching them...". His little smile said it all and almost moved me to tears...

Fave A/C display this year? 352546
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fave A/C display this year? Fave A/C display this year? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fave A/C display this year?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Fighter Control Information :: Other Military Aviation related matter -