New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spotting at Leuchars.............

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Unknown

Spotter Watch Member : No

Spotting at Leuchars............. Vide
PostSubject: Spotting at Leuchars............. Spotting at Leuchars............. Empty2009-09-28, 05:33

With all this about the possibility of a viewing platform for Lossiemouth is it not possible for something similar at Leuchars? I know only too well about the fence having stood near it on Air Show Arrivals Day mind you it didn't seem to affect watching the planes going overhead and the verge opposite.

Has there been any word about a Spotterwatch Scheme for Leuchars at all, what is the relationship like between the Spotters, Police and RAF Authorities like up at Leuchars recently as in relation to spotting?
Back to top Go down
Heidfirst

Spotting at Leuchars............. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotting at Leuchars............. Spotting at Leuchars............. Empty2009-09-29, 17:25

Unknown wrote:
With all this about the possibility of a viewing platform for Lossiemouth is it not possible for something similar at Leuchars? I know only too well about the fence having stood near it on Air Show Arrivals Day mind you it didn't seem to affect watching the planes going overhead and the verge opposite.
I don't know where they could put one that you would actually want it to be  ...          

Quote :
Has there been any word about a Spotterwatch Scheme for Leuchars at all, what is the relationship like between the Spotters, Police and RAF Authorities like up at Leuchars recently as in relation to spotting?
I think that generally it's been very good - I've never had a problem & occasionally have had a polite chat with RAF Police through the wire.If you use common sense, don't block the crash gates & don't look like you are trying to breach the perimeter (ladders against fences) there doesn't seem to be a problem.
Back to top Go down

Spotting at Leuchars.............

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Scotland & Northern Ireland :: RAF Leuchars -