New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

06 viewing

View previous topic View next topic Go down
The Phantom

The Phantom

06 viewing Vide
PostSubject: 06 viewing 06 viewing Empty2009-09-27, 13:43

This is a question for the locals really.

When viewing at 06, how do you get there? (so that landing aircraft are coming left to right - as I have seen on photos on here).
Do you park at Bradenstoke and then walk all the way round on the bridle track (a long walk) or is there a more direct route from the other side?

I notice someone mentioned using step ladders there - so i presume they didn't carry those all the way round the track.

I know all the other ends but would appreciate advice on this one. Thanks. Mark.
Back to top Go down
egdy

Spotter Watch Member : no

06 viewing Vide
PostSubject: Re: 06 viewing 06 viewing Empty2009-09-27, 21:32

Mark

The option you mention may be a good one.
The ladders do get carried as far as that.

The other option is drive around past 36 and park where theres a public foot path but the parking is limited and there has been contact with Batman from the lady who owns property near by the parking location that she isnt happy with this.
Back to top Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

06 viewing Vide
PostSubject: Re: 06 viewing 06 viewing Empty2009-09-27, 22:00

egdy wrote:
Mark

The option you mention may be a good one.
The ladders do get carried as far as that.

The other option is drive around past 36 and park where theres a public foot path but the parking is limited and there has been contact with Batman from the lady who owns property near by the parking location that she isnt happy with this.

Parking is extremely limited in that location, 2/3 cars only. There a re a number of private houses up that way that suffer if you park anywhere but next to where the bridleway goes off towards the fence.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vividmule.com
FloydfanDan

Spotter Watch Member : No

06 viewing Vide
PostSubject: Re: 06 viewing 06 viewing Empty2009-09-29, 06:59

Personally I normally park by Foxham and walk up the hill to 06 (the red line due south from 06 on the Lyneham Viewing Guide) There's normally plenty of room to park on the grass verges around there. Probably wouldnt want to carry a stepladder that way though!
Back to top Go down
Mictheslik

Mictheslik

Spotter Watch Member : No

06 viewing Vide
PostSubject: Re: 06 viewing 06 viewing Empty2009-09-29, 11:11

Get off the 55 at Goatacre and walk around 06 viewing 53197 06 viewing 53197 06 viewing 53197

.mic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

06 viewing Vide
PostSubject: Re: 06 viewing 06 viewing Empty

Back to top Go down

06 viewing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Wales & South West & Home Counties :: RAF Lyneham -