New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Buccaneer Vid on Youtube

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Fighterfoto

Fighterfoto

Spotter Watch Member : No

Buccaneer Vid on Youtube Vide
PostSubject: Buccaneer Vid on Youtube Buccaneer Vid on Youtube Empty2009-09-24, 09:55

No apologies for lifting this from PPRrune but the classic RAF film about Bucs operating from Gib can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4vkBWLmnZA

For those like me of, how shall we say, a certain vintage, this will bring back happy memories. Beats the current recruitment efforts hands down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.militaryimagelibrary@yahoo.com
HighlandSniper

HighlandSniper

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Buccaneer Vid on Youtube Buccaneer Vid on Youtube Empty2009-09-24, 10:36

Crikey - I haven't seen that since late 1980/early 1981 when I was at the RAF College. We were shown that film as part of the War Studies course, everyone was hooked on Vangellis's Spiral which was our unofficial course anthem.

Great find!
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Buccaneer Vid on Youtube Buccaneer Vid on Youtube Empty2009-09-24, 11:27

I've got it on a VHS tape somewhere but you know what happens with those... the growing pile in the loft that never gets touched, waiting for that day when you miraculously convert them all onto DVD... or not!
Back to top Go down
Grahame W

Grahame W

PostSubject: Re: Buccaneer Vid on Youtube Buccaneer Vid on Youtube Empty2009-09-25, 03:12

Has anyone ever come across that classic clip of Buccs at Red Flag online? It's the one when they really wow the American radar operators with their low-level skills ("step outside if you want to see something really good!"). I'd love to see it again.
Back to top Go down
jg43

jg43

PostSubject: Re: Buccaneer Vid on Youtube Buccaneer Vid on Youtube Empty2009-09-25, 06:06

Big fan of the Buccaneer Buccaneer Vid on Youtube 711487
Wicked video thanks.

Jack
Back to top Go down
60163tornado

PostSubject: Re: Buccaneer Vid on Youtube Buccaneer Vid on Youtube Empty2009-09-26, 15:49

Grahame W wrote:
Has anyone ever come across that classic clip of Buccs at Red Flag online? It's the one when they really wow the American radar operators with their low-level skills ("step outside if you want to see something really good!"). I'd love to see it again.

Re the above I wonder if some of The Service members of the forum would be in a a position to contact,

Norman J Robertson of Oakham, Rutland. Who is the Historian for the Buccaneer Aircrew Association, perhaps

a video of Buccs participating in Red Flag in the 1970s/80s might be made available.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buccaneer Vid on Youtube Buccaneer Vid on Youtube Empty

Back to top Go down

Buccaneer Vid on Youtube

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Fighter Control Information :: Other Military Aviation related matter -