New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted!

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Vide
PostSubject: Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Empty2009-09-23, 05:17

I have been looking for a proper Sea Harrier F/A-2 Die cast model for ages, is there such a beast out there for sale?

All I keep finding is Franklin GR7's painted up as F/A-2's, it drives me mad, they should be done under the trades description act, as they are pulling a fast one!

So, if anyone ever finds one, knows of one for sale, please let me know!

Thanks

Dunk
Back to top Go down
http://www.vividmule.com
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Empty2009-09-23, 06:26

Dunk.

Check out Gemini Jets. They are very very good detail wise and some of the aircraft I have (VC-10 and C-17's), there are no unsightly gaps that you see through. Unlike some other companies.

Also Matchbox Skybusters produced a nice Dark Blue and White Harrier in the 80's when they were owned by Universal Toys.

Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Harrier%20(SB-27A)_15

You need to be looking out for a dark blue window box. They also did a Skybusters Set with the Harrier a couple of Matchbox diecast cars. The RN Land Rover was included in one of them.

A Chinese company called JASC purchased alot of the moulds and recently released alot of the old Matchbox Skybusters under their own name. The LPG had several of the JASC Lightnings in silver & red for sale on their stand.

Considering that the original Matchbox Lightnings, (Silver version & Green version) in the 70's Skybusters window box (Light Blue & Red) are fetching around £50 - £60 at the moment at Toy Auctions.

Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Sb21lightning

The following are worth even more as they were made during the 3 day strikes and had the wrong stickers applied to them.

Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Lightning%20(SB-21A)_01

Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Lightning%20(SB-21A)_06
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
Unknown

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Empty2009-09-23, 07:45

Aircraft in the Lightning's scale is what I've had to go on to collecting due to room space in my room at home I think I've seen a Sea Harrier in the same size, it was silver with a black nose and no it wasn't Matchbox but some other make which I can't remember.

Sorry to have to say but the Lightning with US Markings does't seem right for some reason..sorry....
Back to top Go down
viper3111

viper3111

Spotter Watch Member : nope

PostSubject: Re: Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Empty2009-09-23, 08:01

Sorry, diecasts arnt my thing. But I have seen the 1/72 scale model masters range at aviation megastore, they do a beautifull gr7 and a couple of yank mobiles (not much use to you, just thought it was a nice model for a diecast). If you fancie checking them out go to aviation megastores site and tap in harrier is there search bar and as with the buff you get a nice list of harrier gubbins.
Back to top Go down
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Empty2009-09-23, 08:08

Just had another thought....

Look out for White Metal kits.

Also check out the following companies that deal with Wargames...

Grendel
Skytrek
Tabletop Games
Hero & Ross or Ross & Hero
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
viper3111

viper3111

PostSubject: Re: Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Empty2009-09-23, 08:30

Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Harrie10

I found this at heart of america models, it says it is an f/a.2 and it is 1/48 scale so its a reasonable scale,
This is the site heartofamericatoys.com/b11e205.html
Hope this helps, it certanly looks a nice model
Back to top Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

PostSubject: Re: Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Empty2009-09-23, 11:56

Thanks guys for the input mucho appreaciated.

Viper - close but no cigar unfortunately!

The outriggers are the give away, on Sea harriers they are on the end of the wing, like so:

Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! 450-Royal_Navy_Sea_Harrier_FA-2

Cheers anyway!

Dunk
Back to top Go down
viper3111

viper3111

PostSubject: Re: Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Empty2009-09-23, 12:12

Ah see what you meen, to be honest I didnt realy notice. Shame realy as I looks like a nice model. You could always build one. Aifix did an F/A.2 in 1/48 not sure if its still available but there are some cracking decals for them or there is the special hobby 1/72 variant, it comes with under wing stores and resin extras and is available.
Back to top Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

PostSubject: Re: Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Empty2009-09-23, 12:15

viper3111 wrote:
Ah see what you meen, to be honest I didnt realy notice. Shame realy as I looks like a nice model. You could always build one. Aifix did an F/A.2 in 1/48 not sure if its still available but there are some cracking decals for them or there is the special hobby 1/72 variant, it comes with under wing stores and resin extras and is available.

I'm afraid I have zero patience, and would want it built, painted and stickered up inside 10 minutes lol! Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! 253775
Back to top Go down
viper3111

viper3111

PostSubject: Re: Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Empty2009-09-23, 12:23

On looking at that diecast model Im wondering if they have got the missiles on the end of the wing and the wheels round the wrong way? Is this the only inacuracy as I dont realy know my harrier varients
Back to top Go down
johnnyboy

johnnyboy

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Empty2009-09-23, 12:30

No Sea Harrier 2 but Corgi have just released this
Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! AA32413Best
And from Hobbymaster we have a GR7
Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! HA2601-6
http://www.tiger-hobbies.co.uk/captaintigersnews.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted! Empty

Back to top Go down

Diecast Sea Harrier F/A-2 - wanted!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Flight Sim & Modelling Section :: Modelling -