New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down
SNAPPER

Spotter Watch Member : No

Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? Vide
PostSubject: Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? Empty2009-09-22, 07:42

From yesterdays Daily Post :

Campaigners seek low flying ban for National Parks in Wales

Sep 21 2009

by Eryl Crump, Daily Post

ENVIRONMENTAL
campaigners are calling for a restriction on flights and noise levels
over National Parks and other sensitive areas in Wales.
The
Campaign for National Parks (CNP) is urging the Department for
Transport (DfT) to accept the Transport Select Committee’s
recommendation to restrict the number of flights allowed over the
countryside.
The Snowdonia National Park is one of nearly 20
low flying areas in Britain where military jets and other aircraft fly
at high speed at heights of just 250-feet above ground level.
The committee, in an extensive study into the use of UK airspace, have recognised the importance of protecting National Parks.
CNP spokesman Alex Thursby said: “We are delighted that the Committee has proposed a sensible solution to this issue.
“For
too long, aviation policy has allowed decisions to be made about the
use of airspace over National Parks without proper regard for the
significant, negative impact that aircraft can have on the setting
below.”
“National Parks are places of great beauty that have been protected for the peaceful enjoyment of everyone.
“Clearly, allowing busy aerial highways overhead destroys that.
“We
look to the DfT to accept the recommendation in full and urgently
prioritise the important work that lies ahead in determining what would
be an appropriate limit.
“In doing so, the department must
involve National Park Authorities, communities and all those with an
interest in protecting the Parks – not just the aviation industry.”
A Ministry of Defence spokesman said that low flying areas are spread the length and breadth of the UK.
He said: “Low flying remains an essential skill for military aircrew.
“The
UK Military Low Flying System covers the open airspace of the whole of
the UK and surrounding overseas areas from the surface to 2,000 feet
above the ground or mean sea level.
“The amount of low flying
activity undertaken will be the minimum required to complete the
essential training and testing requirement,” the spokesman added.
A
spokesman for the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), who determine
airspace policy, said: “The CAA will carefully consider the
environmental impact of the Airspace Change proposal.”

TO BE HONEST, WITH THE RISE IN POPULARITY OF OUR HOBBY, AND THE WIDE PUBLICITY GIVEN TO THE LOOP AMONGST OUR FRATERNITY, I CAN SEE A TIME COMING WHEN THE RAF AND PERHAPS EVEN THE USAFE WILL START TO DRASTICALLY CUT BACK ON LOW FLYING AROUND THE 'MAGIC ROUNDABOUT'.

PERHAPS IT'S TIME TO TEMPER OUR EAGERNESS TO GET LOADS OF TRAFFIC WITH A SENSE OF PROPRIETY AND HAVE A RETURN TO THE DAYS OF TRUE 'AIRCRAFT FISHING'. AFTER ALL, WHERE'S THE FUN IN GOING FISHING, GETTING A MATE TO POUR BUCKET LOADS OF FISH IN THE RIVER 30 FEET AWAY FROM YOU AND THEN SAYING "WOW, LOOK ! I CAUGHT SOME FISH ! " ??

JUST MY THOUGHTS OF COURSE, BUT THEN PERHAPS I'M JUST A BORN WORRIER...... Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? 727888

Dave
Back to top Go down
http://www.flypastphotography.com
Sheff

Sheff

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? Empty2009-09-22, 08:09

I think you are definitely worrying over nothing there. Looks like a load of claptrap to me. The MoD will rightly say that they already operate a fair policy and low flying simply gets filtered into some key areas because of the terrain. It has no environmental impact, so I doubt if anybody is going to take any notice of a few whining idiots. We've heard it all before. Besides, there's hardly any low flying as it is, so the idea that it causes a nuisance is just absurd. Love the phrase "busy aerial highways" hah hah, we wish! A typical newspaper non-story I suspect.
Back to top Go down
reptile 1

reptile 1

PostSubject: Re: Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? Empty2009-09-22, 08:25

Reminds me of the Women at the Bala show this year who on Radio was trying to BAN low flying in Wales, so to me it will never happen and certainly a ban in the Loop wouldnt happen and restricting things even more than they already are would not stand either especially with operations in a sandy place.
Back to top Go down
vulcan558
vulcan558

PostSubject: Re: Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? Empty2009-09-22, 08:26

Just the landscape snappers not happy with Civvi contrails in there pictures.

Low flying as been going on for years and does not impact the area in anyway apart from a few areas with cars parked up.

can't be the same story for hillwalkers! they have more impact then anything,
and know doubt the ones that are moaning.
Back to top Go down
hawks922

hawks922

PostSubject: Re: Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? Empty2009-09-22, 09:36

Whats is next stop the Army from doing exercises on Otterburn, salisbury plains, Brecon beacons, Yorkshire dales etc because there boots are detrimental to the local grass. For goodness sake on average these people talk like there are hundreds of aircraft swooping on a daily basis. They remind so much of the Victor Meldrew monaing for the sake of moaning, if you don't like it don't go there are plenty of other National Parks go see them instead you miserable moanalots
Back to top Go down
T J MOONMAN

Spotter Watch Member : I have just taken up photography and live near Hurn airport. Eventually i will travel to other airfields to take photos.

PostSubject: Re: Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? Empty2009-09-22, 10:15

It really annoys me when these people moan about the armed forces of the uk.They are training in a friendly enviroment so that they can go into theatre fully trained up to fight the terrorists that would like to blow us to bits.
Back to top Go down
vulcan558
vulcan558

PostSubject: Re: Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? Empty2009-09-22, 10:36

What many of the moaners do not understand, is that allmost all the best nature reserves,
and areas of natural beuaty.
have been under a milatary blanket for many years and the main reason
the areas are still so unspoilt, take it away and it will be a commercial enterprise by the natural trust.
Back to top Go down
hawks922

hawks922

PostSubject: Re: Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? Empty2009-09-23, 03:58

hear hear Vulcan Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? 352546
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ease off on the ' set-ups ' perhaps ??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Fighter Control Information :: Other Military Aviation related matter -