New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

B-52 question from Leuchars

View previous topic View next topic Go down
bolty

bolty

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

B-52 question from Leuchars Vide
PostSubject: B-52 question from Leuchars B-52 question from Leuchars Empty2009-09-19, 05:41

While at Leuchars airshow last weekend, i was looking at the B-52 on static and noticed the crew were wearing 343 bomb squadron patches. They were all talking to people so didnt get the chance to ask them in person but over heard them say its a new squadron linked to the nuclear mission been stood up and is/will be assigned to the new Global Strike Command.

Anyone have anymore info about this? I know 69th Bomb Squadron been activated early this month but cant find anything about the 343 Bomb Squadron.
Back to top Go down
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

PostSubject: Re: B-52 question from Leuchars B-52 question from Leuchars Empty2009-09-19, 05:51

Some details here

http://www.usafpatches.com/forum/index.php?topic=9735.0

I bought both patches they were selling on the day off them.

Very nice....
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
bolty

bolty

PostSubject: Re: B-52 question from Leuchars B-52 question from Leuchars Empty2009-09-19, 06:49

Thanks for that.

I did get hold of the blue 343 patch later in the day when a mate took a walk around the static was there another too or were they the 93rd Bomb Squadron patches?
Back to top Go down
Unknown

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: B-52 question from Leuchars B-52 question from Leuchars Empty2009-09-19, 06:57

Wish I'd seen these, they didn't have any sticker versions of the new badge(s) available did they, by the way how much were they charging this Year for the Patches?
Back to top Go down
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

PostSubject: Re: B-52 question from Leuchars B-52 question from Leuchars Empty2009-09-19, 08:52

FYI.

The Americans were selling their unit patches as well as their Friday Dress patches (Heritage patches)

Prices were £5 each which I deem to be the going the rate. I had enough money to buy their coins, but saved my money as I wanted to see what new patches and Keyfobs Squadron Prints had......

Which was many.... The new Tornado ones with the St Andrews and St George crosses are excellent.

The Dutch and Belgiums where selling their F-16 Display patches as well for the same price.

I'm actually glad I went.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B-52 question from Leuchars B-52 question from Leuchars Empty

Back to top Go down

B-52 question from Leuchars

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Fighter Control Information :: Other Military Aviation related matter -