New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

3 Jets at aldergrove

View previous topic View next topic Go down
jimi182

Spotter Watch Member : No

3 Jets at aldergrove Vide
PostSubject: 3 Jets at aldergrove 3 Jets at aldergrove Empty2009-09-18, 10:02

Hi all,

Just seen 3 jets fly over Antrim from Aldergrove. Not sure what they were but maybe looked like Harriers?

Anybody else see them?

J
Back to top Go down
vortex003

vortex003

PostSubject: Re: 3 Jets at aldergrove 3 Jets at aldergrove Empty2009-09-18, 10:22

Three Harriers have arrived.They will be doing a flypast at RAF Aldergrove on Sunday - it will then cease to be a RAF station 3 Jets at aldergrove 608622

Last edited by vortex003 on 2009-09-18, 13:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correcting info)
Back to top Go down
http://waynesnihelipix.fpic.co.uk
jimi182

PostSubject: Re: 3 Jets at aldergrove 3 Jets at aldergrove Empty2009-09-18, 10:50

Thanks for the info Vortex.
Yes Sunday will be a sad day. Have you any idea what time the flypast will be?

I'll be at the road just off the Airport roundabout hoping to see some action.

J
Back to top Go down
vortex003

vortex003

PostSubject: Re: 3 Jets at aldergrove 3 Jets at aldergrove Empty2009-09-18, 11:07

Harriers at 1300hrs as far as i know.

I imagine there will be a Puma or two in the air also
Back to top Go down
http://waynesnihelipix.fpic.co.uk
Paultojo

PostSubject: Re: 3 Jets at aldergrove 3 Jets at aldergrove Empty2009-09-18, 12:28

Hi Guys
3 Harriers arrived in this evening Ninja 1-3 in landing order ZD347,ZG472 and ZD431

Paul
Back to top Go down
jimi182

PostSubject: Re: 3 Jets at aldergrove 3 Jets at aldergrove Empty2009-09-19, 06:29

Thanks for the info guys.

I think there have been a few other visitors landing today (Saturday).
Most likely smaller RAF planes. It will be good to see the Harriers tomorrow. I think one of the Harriers was flying early this afternoon to.

Hopefully it won't be the last of RAF jets over NI if the RAF begin to slowly introduce low flying training over NI in the next couple of years.

J
Back to top Go down
abm

abm

PostSubject: Re: 3 Jets at aldergrove 3 Jets at aldergrove Empty2009-09-20, 11:04

Hi Folks

I took a few pics of the Harriers today, they're in the "recent photos" gallery. Here's a link >

http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/recent-photos-f3/raf-aldergrove-harrier-flypast-200909-t15945.htm

The Harriers were followed by a flypast of an Islander, Puma and a Gazelle but my photos of those are even worse so I've not posted them 3 Jets at aldergrove 608622

I've never been that close to a Harrier before --- or any fast jet--- the noise was unbelievable.

Great stuff!

Thanks for looking.

A
Back to top Go down
jimi182

PostSubject: Re: 3 Jets at aldergrove 3 Jets at aldergrove Empty2009-09-20, 12:24

Thanks for those. I was there myself. The flypast was great, never seen 2 or more Harriers together.

J
Back to top Go down
abm

abm

PostSubject: Re: 3 Jets at aldergrove 3 Jets at aldergrove Empty2009-09-21, 15:20

Thanks Jim

3 Jets at aldergrove 698488
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 Jets at aldergrove 3 Jets at aldergrove Empty

Back to top Go down

3 Jets at aldergrove

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Scotland & Northern Ireland :: RAF Aldergrove -