New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lossie Christmas Shutdown

View previous topic View next topic Go down
sjnovis

Spotter Watch Member : no

Lossie Christmas Shutdown Vide
PostSubject: Lossie Christmas Shutdown Lossie Christmas Shutdown Empty2009-09-18, 05:24

I would be grateful if anyone could advise if and when Lossie shuts for Christmas/New year

We will be visiting Family in Inverness and having a week in the highlands thereafter so would be great if I could have some time near Lossie when there's some action.

We'll be in the region from 28 Dec to 5/6th Jan

Hope this is not too early, but Cards, Puddings and decorations are in the shops already !! Lossie Christmas Shutdown 264915
Back to top Go down
onemac

onemac

PostSubject: Re: Lossie Christmas Shutdown Lossie Christmas Shutdown Empty2009-09-18, 06:42

Not heard anything official yet but they normally start back first thing after new year, which this year should be Monday 4th. Not exactly sure how busy it will be but you never know. This week they have been quiet after 6pm but start flying again around 9-9:30pm.

It's a guess as to when they stop flying before Xmas. It could be the first week in December or the 24th Lossie Christmas Shutdown 345990 Only 202Sqn fly between those times and only then on live jobs.

Al
Back to top Go down
sjnovis

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Lossie Christmas Shutdown Lossie Christmas Shutdown Empty2009-09-18, 07:48

Many thanks Onemac, Its early days yet, will plan where we will go nearer the time, would be nice to visit Kinloss and perhaps Leuchars as well, Might have to buy Mrs sjnovis a big pressie for Christmas first though. Lossie Christmas Shutdown 101936
Back to top Go down
Andy Marden

PostSubject: Re: Lossie Christmas Shutdown Lossie Christmas Shutdown Empty2009-09-21, 04:33

onemac wrote:
Not heard anything official yet but they normally start back first thing after new year, which this year should be Monday 4th.
Al

I doubt that. Monday 4th Jan is a bank holiday in Scotland next year.
Andy Marden
Back to top Go down
onemac

onemac

PostSubject: Re: Lossie Christmas Shutdown Lossie Christmas Shutdown Empty2009-09-21, 05:40

Andy Marden wrote:
onemac wrote:
Not heard anything official yet but they normally start back first thing after new year, which this year should be Monday 4th.
Al

I doubt that. Monday 4th Jan is a bank holiday in Scotland next year.
Andy Marden
It's a fair point Andy but both Lossie and Kinloss follow the English Bank Holidays. They tend to have the 1st off and then it's back to work (weekends excluded).

Al
Back to top Go down
Macc

Macc

Spotter Watch Member :

PostSubject: Re: Lossie Christmas Shutdown Lossie Christmas Shutdown Empty2009-09-21, 08:56

Yay, I potentially have 3 days worth of spotting then, clear blue skies, frost and sunset please. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lossie Christmas Shutdown Lossie Christmas Shutdown Empty

Back to top Go down

Lossie Christmas Shutdown

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Scotland & Northern Ireland :: RAF Lossiemouth -