New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dutch army at Carlisle

View previous topic View next topic Go down
digger

digger

Dutch army at Carlisle Vide
PostSubject: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-18, 03:47

We have just passed Carlise and saw a lot of activity. It appears that the Dutch army is setting up camp. We have passed a lot of army lorries heading to Carlisle along the A69 all carrying camoflaged containers.
Digger
Friday 18th Sept 09 10.42
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-18, 03:57

I can't find the original thread but I'm sure that various Dutch choppers are due at Carlisle on Monday 21st for the exercise,can anyone confirm that ?
Back to top Go down
rossevenil

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-18, 07:10

Will see what turns up on Monday,but I believe its a mix of Cougars,Chinooks and Apaches due to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Durranhill

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-18, 14:45

I will be calling at the airfield this weekend so i will try & get some info on what is happening next week & post it on here - the tower & pilots on the ground were complaining about vehicle movements this afternoon, it may have been the dutch Dutch army at Carlisle 809599 .

Stewart .
Back to top Go down
Durranhill

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-20, 08:33

Called round to the airport this afternoon & spoke to Stobart air operations but apart from telling me that the Dutch are there for 2 weeks and they expect helicopters to arrive they have no more info at the moment .

The Dutch have set up camp at the north west end of the disused runway with about 30 vehicles , loads of containers & 2 large satellite dishes on the ground , the only movement i saw was a Mercedes G wagon mobile command vehicle touring the area .

Will listen out tomorrow on the scanner at work in the hope that something turns up & will post if i get some info .

Stewart .
Back to top Go down
Redherc64

Redherc64

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-20, 08:38

Exercise Tac Blaze 21 Sep - 02 Oct 09
Back to top Go down
GreenBat

GreenBat

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-20, 09:49

Info from the MOD website.....

21/9/09 - 2/10/09 Exercise TAC BLAZE 09-2
LFAs 11,12,13, 16 and 17
Exercise TAC BLAZE 09-2 is the second pre-deployment training exercise for Royal Netherlands Air Force helicopters this year. Up to 6 helicopters will deploy to and operate from Carlisle Airport mainly using the Spadeadam Electronic Warfare Training Range. Participating aircraft will include Apache, Chinook and Cougar with day and night flying taking place on weekdays only.
Back to top Go down
philip44

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-21, 03:43

See: http://www.scramble.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=56343
Back to top Go down
Durranhill

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-21, 11:44

Called round at 17.20 after work & found 1 x CH-47 , 3 x Cougars & 3 x AH-64's on the ground , 1 of the AH-64's was just winding down which i think was Redskin 03 - which arrived at 16.30 & was the only callsign i heard .
When i left at 18.00 they had all been tucked up for the night Dutch army at Carlisle 608622 .

Stewart .
Back to top Go down
biglamp

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-21, 15:34

from 'Countyfan' on donny airport forum,

AS32's S-457,S-458,S-459

CH47 D-101

Apache's Q14,Q18,Q25

unconfirmed,except the Cougers
Back to top Go down
Speedpics

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-23, 12:00

Hi Guys,
New to the forum, and looking for help already, can any of the Carlisle locals let me know if where the Dutch Army are parked is any good for getting photos, Carlisle airport is unfamiliar to me so any help gratefully received.

Speedpics ( Ray)
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/speedpics_2/
Durranhill

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-23, 14:06

Welcome Ray
From the north come off at juction 44 , take the 2nd on the left signed for Brampton / Newcastle & 2 miles on turn left at the roundabout & head east for about 3miles , 1 mile past a filling station on the left you will see signs for an air museum + the KLU have also put out markers .
Turn left and after 400yds , you will pass some ind units on your LH side then see the Dutch further up on the RH Side inside the airfield boundry & further up again you will see some large car trailers on the LH side , you can park there or on the outside of the left hand bend a bit further on , this over looks the KLU area .
I only have a Minolta Z5 with a 12x zoom ( about 300mm ) & really need some thing bigger to take photos of the helicopters because of where the are parked.

Further up past the air museum is the entrance to the airport , turn right at the Vulcan then down to the tower which has a cafe / bar underneath , it may be open ? .

I arrived at 5.15 after work just in time to see 2 apaches arrive from the north east , they are using runway 25 at the moment & they positioned & turned in front of me B4 landing , after winding down & refuelling the were all parked up for the night.
They do not appear to start B4 9.30 in the morning & from listening to the scanner all the helicopters are not being used at the moment .

Stewart .
Back to top Go down
Durranhill

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-23, 14:16

Hi again Ray , i forgot to say if you Google Carlisle airport you can download a map of the area , the Dutch are up in the top left hand corner at the end of the disused runway .
Carlisle tower freq 123.6
Spadeadam 308.775

Stewart
Back to top Go down
Speedpics

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-23, 15:48

Stewart,
Thanks very much for the information, thats a great help to me.

Ray.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/speedpics_2/
Apache123

Spotter Watch Member : yes

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-24, 09:39

Visited yesterday and found all the klu helos present. Just a quick question did any1 get the serials of the 3 army lynx that went through the airports overhead about 12.20. Any help would be greatfully recieved,

MTIA Regards

Apache123
Back to top Go down
milky01

milky01

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-24, 10:31

A dutch Chinook overflew Coningsby today heading for Carlisle ,Is this a second Chinook or D-101.

Cheers Kevin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.milky01.piczo.com
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-24, 10:33

Maybe this:-
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/raf-lakenheath-f47/ch47-d-667-t16192.htm
Back to top Go down
Durranhill

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-24, 11:40

Good evening from sunny Carlisle airport , Nah it's cold, dull & wet , CH-47D D-667 reported earlier is now on the ground beside D-101 & the only thing moving here was Army Air 512 -Gazelle which departed to the north west .

Stewart .
Back to top Go down
biglamp

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-25, 03:13

Durranhill wrote:
Good evening from sunny Carlisle airport , Nah it's cold, dull & wet , CH-47D D-667 reported earlier is now on the ground beside D-101 & the only thing moving here was Army Air 512 -Gazelle which departed to the north west .

Stewart .

D-101 eyeballed east of Sandtoft ( about 9 miles east of Doncaster,) at 1005
5000' heading towards Scunthorpe
Back to top Go down
Ferrari

PostSubject: lunchtime Sunday 27 Sept Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-27, 08:42

Visited today at lunchtime and present and under wraps were
S-457,8,9 Cougars
Q-14,18,25 Apaches
D-667 Chinook

No sign of D-101

Cheers
Dave Ferrari
Back to top Go down
MF1

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-09-28, 03:01

Hi I think that D101 went home last week and has been replaced.
Also all aircraft used Otterburn on Friday so guess that this ex will not just be Spade.

Michael

www.mf-images.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.mf-images.com
Durranhill

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-10-01, 07:57

Bad news Dutch army at Carlisle 608622 , i took a 1/2 day off work on the best day of the 2 week exercise & the Dutch have departed a day early Dutch army at Carlisle 198814 .
AH-64's departed 1.10pm
Cougars (Wildcat formation) dep 1.35 freq 123.6 - 125.475 > EGUL .
CH-47D (Grissley) dep 2.05 & then did a nice flypast at the request of Carlisle tower.

Stewart .
Back to top Go down
Pete_the_mech

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty2009-10-01, 10:10

i think they got a bit pi**ed off to the fact that 2 days worth of missions were scrubbed.

pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dutch army at Carlisle Dutch army at Carlisle Empty

Back to top Go down

Dutch army at Carlisle

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Rest of the Country -