New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ely hospital

View previous topic View next topic Go down
viper3111

viper3111

Spotter Watch Member : nope

Ely hospital Vide
PostSubject: Ely hospital Ely hospital Empty2009-09-15, 05:29

Hi all
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am after info-pictures of the old gate gaurds that used to be at RAF hospital, Ely, Cambs. One of them was a meteor nf14 ws774 which is now at malta airmuseum (ive been told) I think there may have been a hunter as someone I know was going to buy it, but sadly I have no serial number.
Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
das

das

Ely hospital Vide
PostSubject: reply Ely hospital Empty2009-09-15, 06:24

hi,ive definately got a shot of the meteor from when i was there (detatched there from raf wytons grass cutting gang).remember bashing my head on the low wings numerous times.will see if i can find the pic and will post.
Back to top Go down
das

das

Ely hospital Vide
PostSubject: Re: Ely hospital Ely hospital Empty2009-09-20, 11:11

Hi,

will this do?

Ely hospital WS774

Das
Back to top Go down
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

Ely hospital Vide
PostSubject: Re: Ely hospital Ely hospital Empty2009-09-20, 11:18

I think the Meteor is at the Muckleburgh Collection in Norfolk.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
viper3111

viper3111

Spotter Watch Member : nope

Ely hospital Vide
PostSubject: Re: Ely hospital Ely hospital Empty2009-09-20, 12:00

Das,
That picture is just what I was looking for, thanks muchly. Now all I need is a 1/48 scale kit to build. Im going to try and get hold of the classic airframes NF/13 and do a bit of converting.

Cheers street hawk but I think that the one you are on about is WD686 which is an NF/11 that has been on loan from duxford for a few years, one of my mates who volenteers at duxford used to work on it and was upset when he saw the state it was in. Unless they have got hold of another one. WS774 NF/14 Is aparently on display at malta air museum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ely hospital Vide
PostSubject: Re: Ely hospital Ely hospital Empty

Back to top Go down

Ely hospital

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Demobbed :: Wrecks & Relics / Museums -