New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
mattlaurastratfordonavon

Spotter Watch Member : no

RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: fairford b2's RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance - Page 2 Empty2009-09-18, 02:13

I thought that they kept one or two b2's at fairford,i read this some time ago on the internet,i know they built 2 hangers for them,i am just a bit nieve but i really thought that there was one or two there permenantly in the hangers,have i been reading the wrong websites.
Back to top Go down
Fighterfoto

Fighterfoto

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance - Page 2 Empty2009-09-18, 02:31

If only!

No, B-2s visit rarely and are not detached to Fairford on a permanent basis.
Back to top Go down
http://www.militaryimagelibrary@yahoo.com
cottesmore09

PostSubject: Re: RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance - Page 2 Empty2009-09-21, 16:56

Well some advantages could be taken from this in the near future as RIAT might be able to get perminent stuff up so it would take less time to set up for RIAT and they could make big changes to the show. RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance - Page 2 294955
Back to top Go down
lozza

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance - Page 2 Empty2009-09-21, 18:19

I think where ever RIAT is held they will be winners and losers, every year i too make the great pilgrimage from Cheltenham to RIAT, its a journey i just accept has to be done RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance - Page 2 135320 RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance - Page 2 135320

lozza
Back to top Go down
The Phantom

The Phantom

PostSubject: Re: RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance - Page 2 Empty2009-09-22, 00:58

lozza wrote:
I think where ever RIAT is held they will be winners and losers, every year i too make the great pilgrimage from Cheltenham to RIAT, its a journey i just accept has to be done RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance - Page 2 135320 RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance - Page 2 135320

lozza

That's a tough trek! Could be worse though; imagine if you lived in Cirencester!!
Back to top Go down
cottesmore09

PostSubject: Re: RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance - Page 2 Empty2009-09-22, 18:09

I still vote for my local base Cottesmore, near central of england and is big enough for RIAT proved in the past. But i enjoy the show at fairford but the trek down there and back is the worst. I think it will give RIAT a boost moving it here and attract more people. But hey thats my opinion RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance - Page 2 711487 bring on RIAT 2010 RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance - Page 2 687308 .

Thanks,Cottesmore09
Back to top Go down
Gulfsierra 51

PostSubject: Re: RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance - Page 2 Empty2009-09-23, 01:39

spent 4 1/2 hours on the road to get to RIAT and back this year,from West Swindon!!,a trip of half an hour usually.Only took 4 to get to Coningsby a couple of weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Truly55

PostSubject: Re: RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance - Page 2 Empty2009-09-28, 05:59

I've already got my local B&B squared away for RIAT in 2010. RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance - Page 2 294955 Personally, I'm not too bothered about where it is as I (pardon, we) always make a mini-break out of it.
Back to top Go down
BOLAR 01

BOLAR 01

Spotter Watch Member : NO

PostSubject: Re: RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance - Page 2 Empty2009-09-28, 14:14

Thats the thing about Riat, I dont think it really matters where it is held we would all still make the yearly pilgramage as it is just as much about meeting up with friends you only see once a year as it is the aircraft. I live in Newbury, however every year hire a caravan and spend the whole week at Kempsford with my Dad and leave the wife and kids at home for one whole week of JP8 smelling aviation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

RAF Fairford - Care and Maintenance

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Wales & South West & Home Counties :: RAF Fairford -