New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where are Nikon service centres?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Truly55

Where are Nikon service centres? Vide
PostSubject: Where are Nikon service centres? Where are Nikon service centres? Empty2009-09-14, 06:12

I've snapped the SD card reader door off my D40X so I bought a new door from Nikon (£11) and attemted to fit it. It looks like the door would have to be replaced by Nikon themselves as it appears to need the back of the camera taking off to replace the door? I've had a quick look on the Nikon site and there only appears to be 4 authorised centres. Does anyone know of a place, preferably in North Yorks / County Durham / Teesside that I can get the door replaced without going back to the nearest centre 150 miles away?

cheers
Back to top Go down
Bmrider

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Where are Nikon service centres? Where are Nikon service centres? Empty2009-09-14, 07:47

Fixation do Repairs for Nikon, ie; If you send your camera back to Nikon for repair, they will send it to Fixation.

Linky;

http://www.fixationuk.com/Fixation/Repairs.html
Back to top Go down
badlands99

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Where are Nikon service centres? Where are Nikon service centres? Empty2009-09-15, 02:30

Hi,

Got to give another vote for Fixation - very professional amd I have always found them to be extremely helpful and sensibly priced. I have just had my D2x and D300 serviced with them and I delivered the kit to them onm a Tuesday lunchtime and all arrived back, serviced, cleaned and set up by the following Monday! Pretty good service in my book and they also won't do any work without consulting with you first.

Hope this helps

Dave
Back to top Go down
The Bossman

The Bossman

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Where are Nikon service centres? Where are Nikon service centres? Empty2009-09-15, 09:49

I've just sent my D80 to Nikon in Kingston on Thames. I cracked it off a doorframe with Speedlight attached, cracked the top panel, rain got in and "bang." Fried the top circuit board. My bill is a £120, which I suppose is not too bad considering a similar thing happened some time ago when I had an Olympus with a repair for water ingress only, and that was over £350.00. Seams the more you pay for you camera the bigger the bill if it needs fixing. Oh what joy!! Confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.deansphoto.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where are Nikon service centres? Where are Nikon service centres? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where are Nikon service centres?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Photography & Art :: Photography Discussion -