New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Eduard lightning

View previous topic View next topic Go down
viper3111

viper3111

Spotter Watch Member : nope

Eduard lightning Vide
PostSubject: Eduard lightning Eduard lightning Empty2009-09-13, 06:53

Hi all
Just seen that the eduard 1/48 lighting will soon be coming out, the price is a bit steep at about 56 quid I think that it is the ex airfix mold with there usual resin, brass and decals added. But I know dam well that I will have to get one for the stash. they have also got hold of the airfix bucaneer so I think that should be good, Im now just waiting for the airfix 1/48 sea vixen to come out, it should be out midle of next year. I also await the trumpeter 1/32 su-25 frogfoot, that I hope should be an impressive kit.
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

Spotter Watch Member : no

Eduard lightning Vide
PostSubject: Re: Eduard lightning Eduard lightning Empty2009-09-13, 07:04

Yup it's due out soon. It was advertised as being the F2A/F6 kit but it seems it's the F1/2/3 kit and the F6 kit will presumably appear later. It is damned expensive but if they include lots of resin and etched metal then it might be worth buying. Guess a great deal depends if they include the various bits to make the Airfix kit into an F3 as the kit actually represents an F1 (or F2 at best). I'll be pleased to see the kit come back though as I only have a couple of the original F1/2/3 kits in the loft (and four F6's!)... you can never have too many!
Back to top Go down
viper3111

viper3111

Eduard lightning Vide
PostSubject: Re: Eduard lightning Eduard lightning Empty2009-09-13, 08:42

Thats what I say, but people just look at me and shake there head when I tell them how many kits ive got. But as you said hopefully they will include a lot of resin in the kit as I think you can get hold of the airfix one for between 15-30 quid thats if you can find one. I was going to buy one that came up for sale but when I heard that eduard have got hold of it I held of. The new trumpeter 1/32 lightning is due out for release as well, not sure on mark etc (Lightnings not my thing, more of a sabre man) I wish they would do a 1/48 lightning as Im sure it would be excelent.
Back to top Go down
HighlandSniper

HighlandSniper

Spotter Watch Member : No

Eduard lightning Vide
PostSubject: Re: Eduard lightning Eduard lightning Empty2009-09-19, 16:34

Is anything known about the Buccaneer you mention - what is being added to the Airfix kit?
Back to top Go down
viper3111

viper3111

Eduard lightning Vide
PostSubject: Re: Eduard lightning Eduard lightning Empty2009-09-20, 00:44

Sadly as yet there is no information on the buccaneer other than here say, but I got the information from the same place I saw the lightning and that is now on the future releases list at hannants. I should emagine there will be a resin cockpit, if not then going by the ME-110's and the old heller mirage they did it will probably be full of photo etch, resin wheels and new decals etc. So as soon as anything definate comes out I will post it.
Im off to the IPMS nationals in november so I will see what I can find out there
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

Spotter Watch Member : no

Eduard lightning Vide
PostSubject: Re: Eduard lightning Eduard lightning Empty2009-09-20, 03:46

See you at Telford! Razz

If they tackle the Buccaneer I guess it'll be a long way in the future as it's taking forever just to get the Lightning out. It seems reasonable to assume that they will do the Buccaneer though as they obviously have a good deal set-up with Hornby. The only sad thing about this is that the Airfix 48th Buccaneer is a bit of a dog - it was produced by a different mould maker than the ones who did the Lightning, so it's covered in horrible grooves and soft detail which all needs to be filled in. Overall though it's a decent outline so with Eduard's detail it would certainly look good.

There's still a dark rumour that Trumpeter are considering a 32nd Buccaneer (and a Jaguar) somewhere in the distant future so let's hope it's true - and that they don't make such an awful mess of it/them as they did with the Lightning!
Back to top Go down
HighlandSniper

HighlandSniper

Spotter Watch Member : No

Eduard lightning Vide
PostSubject: Re: Eduard lightning Eduard lightning Empty2009-09-20, 06:36

A 1/32nd Buccaneer would be surperb.

I suffered the nightmare of the Aerodynamix multimedia kit a decade or more ago including the near 2-year wait after paying for it, the missing parts, poor quality etc. and would love a decent large-scale kit of my favourite aircraft.
Back to top Go down
viper3111

viper3111

Eduard lightning Vide
PostSubject: Re: Eduard lightning Eduard lightning Empty2009-09-20, 07:26

It would be nice to see a 1/32 jag as well. Definately would be one to get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eduard lightning Vide
PostSubject: Re: Eduard lightning Eduard lightning Empty

Back to top Go down

Eduard lightning

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Flight Sim & Modelling Section :: Modelling -